Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting to WiiHacks IRC

Connecting to WiiHacks IRC

***This tutorial is just the most basic way for you to join IRC, nothing more.***

***You must accept the forum rules before accessing IRC in order to get "voice", you accept the rules at your profile page. If you do not do this, you will be unable to chat.**

[SPOILER=Rules of IRC]

1. Please read BluPhant's thread on the WiiHack's channel bot Luigi here for necessary information to enjoy your stay in IRC.
    2. Forum nicks only, any other will result in a automatic kick/ban.
    3. Do not PM Ops or any other user without prior permission.
    4. No support for cheating and pirating.
    5. PG-13 rated language, if you must act like a drunken sailor, go elsewhere.
    6. No flaming, cursing, stalking, harassing or anything deemed unacceptable will not be tolerated and will result in a ban.
    7. No posting of youtube links on modding, or links to other forums, it will result in a immediate kick from the channel.
    8. Do not come into IRC expecting to be spoon-fed, search the forum first and foremost!
    9. IRC is for asking a quick question or two, NOT for hand-holding because of your inability to read/understand the guides here on the forum.

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=mibbit]

• Click the Chat tab on the forum

• Enter your Forum nick in the box, click Connect

• That's it!

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=Chatzilla]

• Download the Chatzilla Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client Add-on for Firefox here
    • When installed, it will ask to restart Firefox
    • When Firefox restarts, Go To Tools, Chatzilla, you will get a screen similar to this below

• Click the lower left button, Change nickname...
    • Enter your Forum nick in the Prompt box, as an example, I used mine, click OK

• Enter /attach irc.unf.ca in the text box, hit ENTER

• You should be seeing a screen very similar to this now

• Type /msg nickserv register <your_password> <your_email> in the text bar, see example below
    • <your_password> is a password you would like to have to protect your nick and <your_email> is any valid email address
    • I used guest1 as a password and guest1@gmail.com for my example here, hit ENTER
    • It should return stating: Nickname <your_nick> registered under your account: *chatzilla@*.your_ip_address

• Next type /join #wiihacks
    • If you followed everything here, you will be in the main #wiihacks channel

• That's it!

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=mIRC]
    • Start mIRC, will will most likely see the screen below, if not, Press ALT+O to bring up the Options menu
    • Put your forum nick in Nickname and also in Alternative, append a underscore to it
    • Name and Email are optional of course

• See example below

• Click Servers

• Click Add

• Put WiiHacks as your description
    • irc.unf.ca as the IRC Server
    • 6667 as the port
    • WiiHacks as the Group
    • See below for example

• Click Add
    • Now double-click WiiHacks in the Server List

• Click Connect, if you are already on a IRC server, tick New window first then click Connect

• You should be connected to the WiiHacks IRC server now, see picture below

• Type in /msg nickserv register <your_password> <your_email>
    • Your password can be anything you choose, also put in your email address, see example below

• You should get a response from Nickserv- Nickname <your_nick> registered under your account: your_nick*.your_ip_address
    • Then underneath it you should see services.unf.ca sets mode +r
    • You have just registered your nick
    • Type /join #wiihacks

• If everything went OK, you should now be in the main #wiihacks channel

• That's it!

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=Trillian]

• Click Trillian, Manage Accounts

• You will see something very similar to this now

• Click Add a new account... and chose IRC

• You should be looking at something like this now

• For Account name, put WiiHacks
    • Nick name, that will be your WiiHacks forum nick, I used my nick as an example
    • Server host, put in irc.unf.ca
    • Click Settings

• Verify connection settings to the pictures below, which should work for most everyone

• Click the Chat tab, verify your setting to the picture below

• You shouldn't need to do anything for the Privacy and Encryption tabs, as defaults should be fine
    • Click the Miscellaneous tab and verify setting with picture below

• Click the Global Settings tab, and verify settings, then click the Back tab

• You should be back at your Accounts, click Connect

• A window should open on your desktop as it attempts to connect to WiiHacks IRC Server, and when it does, you will see something like the picture below

• In the text box, type in /msg nickserv register <your_password> <your_email>
    • Password can be anything you choose to use and a valid email, see example

• After registering your nick and password, you should see a message from nickserv stating: Nickname <your_nick> registered under your account: <your_nick>@*.your_ip_address
    • Next type /join #wiihacks

• If you done everything correctly, you will be in the main #wiihacks IRC channel.

• That's it!

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=XChat]

• Launch XChat, and you will see a window like this one below
    • Type in your forum nick under Nick name, as in this example, I used my nick

• Click Add to add the WiiHacks IRC network information

• Now click Edit to edit the server info

• Click Edit again

• and add irc.unf.ca, then click Close

• Click connect to connect to WiiHacks IRC

• Now you should see something similar to this below, just click OK for now in the Connection Complete box

• Type in /msg nickserv register <your_password> <your_email> into the text box
    • Your password can be anything you choose to use, also enter in your email address, see example below

• If you done everything correctly, you should get a response from nickserv stating your forum nick is registered under your account: *nick@*.your_ip_address
    • now type in /join #wiihacks

• If everything was done correctly, you should be in the main #wiihacks channel

• That's it!

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=Irssi]
    • Start a terminal screen, then type irssi
    • You should see this screen below
    • Type in /server irc.unf.ca and hit Enter

• you should be see this screen below when you connect to WiiHacks IRC

• Type in /msg nickserv register <your_password> <your_email> in the text box, hit Enter
    • Your password can be anything you choose, also enter in your email address

• If you enter in the information, you will get a confirmation in the irssi window stating -!- Mode change [+r] for user <your nick>, which mean you are now registered, see example above, 4th line up from bottom
    • Type in /join #wiihacks, and you should be in the main #wiihacks channel if everything went OK for you, see below

• That's it!

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=Smuxi]
    • Launch Smuxi
    • I noticed a nasty habit of Smuxi loading there channel and server on startup, just type /quit and hit Enter to disconnect

• Now it is more manageable, you should see a screen like this now

• Click Server, Quick Connect

• Type in irc.unf.ca in the Hostname field and put your forum nick in the Username field, see below
    • Click Connect

• You should be at WiiHacks IRC server now, see below
    • Type in /msg nickserv register <your_password> <your_email> and hit Enter
    • Your password can be anything you chose, also enter a email address

• If you done this correctly, you should see a return of a -!- mode change [+r] for user <your nick>, see picture below

• Type /join #wiihacks to join the main #wiihacks IRC channel

• If everything has worked out for you, you should be in the main channel as seen below

• That's it!

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=Pidgin]
    • Launch Pidgin

• Click Accounts, Manage Accounts

• Click Add...

• Choose IRC under the Protocol drop down menu

• Put in your forum nick in Username
    • Put in irc.unf.ca in Server

• click the Advanced tab
    • Put in your forum nick under Username and also in Real name

• Click the Proxy tab, default should be fine, see below

• Click Add

• You should be at WiiHacks IRC, see picture below

• Type in /msg nickserv register <your_password> <your_email> in text box, hit Enter
    • Your password can be anything you choose, also enter in your email address, see example below

• Click the Nickserv tab on top window, there you should see NickServ:(notice) Nickname <your_nick> registered under your account:<your_nick>@*.your_ip.address
    • Click the Global tab now
    • Type /join #wiihacks and hit Enter

• If all was done correctly, you will be in the main #wiihacks channel as seen below

• That's it!

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=Android IRC]
    • I used Android IRC for this tutorial

• Launch Android IRC, and your screen will look similar to the one below

• Click New Server
    • Put irc.unf.ca in Server
    • 6667 for Port
    • Use your forum nick for Nick, User and Name
    • For example I used my name, see example pics below

• Click Preferences
    • Now you should see something similar to what I have below
    • What you see here should work just fine for you

• Click Alternate Nick, and put in your forum nick with a underscore appended to it, see below for example
    • Click OK
    • Verify your other settings with the screen pics below

• Click Back

• Click Save

• Now Click irc.unf.ca, it should connect to the WiiHacks IRC server

• Type in /msg nickserv register <your_password> <your_email>
    • Your password can be anything you choose, also put in your email address, see examples below

• If everything went correctly, you will see a nickserv tab, scroll to it
    • You should see a message stating: -Nickserv, <your nick> registered under your account: *your nick*.your_ip_address

• Type in /join #wiihacks
    • You should now be chatting in the main #wiihacks channel

• That's it!

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER=Thanks]
    • Bluphant for his guide on the Luigi bot commands for everyone to enjoy and for his invaluable knowledge.
    • Peire for the awesome banner! Thanks scouse!
    • All the others who have contributed in the IRC threads.

[/SPOILER]
    Last edited by Brian; 11-20-2011 at 04:37 AM.

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    I just used this guide to set up and connect to the IRC using Trillian, worked great. Even for a noob like me

NM, its in the US contrary to popular belief
    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Gh0st View Post
    I just used this guide to set up and connect to the IRC using Trillian, worked great. Even for a noob like me
    Seems like this guide passed it's test, good job brian.
    My Consoles 4.1U Bootmii/Boot2 PSP1001Phat PS3Slim 120gb

Useful Links:
    Softmod ANY Wii
    Latest Neogamma Channels
    Please hit the thanks button if I help you.

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    LOL Brian should add on the top of the guide: "If Red_Gh0st could, you can""

Fail.

So I have somehow been banned while trying to join. I followed the ChatZilla instructions and missed the registering my nick (bazkaz) and joined the channel where Luigi promptly kicked me. I went back and registered my nick then tried to rejoin and found I was banned. I then created a second nick (bazkaz29), which I now know is against the rules, and registered the nick then joined the channel... where Luigi kicked me and told me to register in the forum... so I registered both nicks as forum names, came back and tried both and found I was banned for both names. So I came and tried to reply to this thread and the agreement that I had to agree to came up, which I agreed to on the bazkaz29 account... so I tried to login one more time and am still banned.

I don't want two IRC nicks or two forum nicks for that matter... I just wanted to register and be able to chat in IRC so I can get some help with my Wii. Anything you can do to help clear this up would be appreciated.

Thanks
    - Baz

OK, will ban your original nick of bazkaz, you can use bazakz29 on forum and irc now.

Im having the same problem as Bazkaz

channel is banned

I'm getting odd results from trying to join the channel on mirc

"#wiihacks unable to join channel (address is banned)"

You need to logon with your forum name.

-Blu

Softmod ANY Wii
    | USB-FAT32 | Error Index | Chat!
    An Introduction To Wii Hacking - MUST READ for all new Wii Hackers
    If I have been of help to you, please click the "Thanks" icon to the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Ragano View Post
    this site sucks please delete my account i dont know how to do so. I just wanted help asap with my wii problem but cant even get any help on here. I dont have time to read the rules i just wanted my damn question answered and was gonna then delete my account .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast