Thread: Is my wii bricked?

Exclamation Is my wii bricked?

Well a week ago i went over to my cuizins house and installed the homebrew channel using letterbomb(she has 4.3U) and bootmii could only be installed as IOS(i did install it) So Before this I had susscesfully hacked another wii and installed wads in it using pimp my wii. Ok back to my cusin.... So it all installled good and i left. Yesterday i went over again ready to install the wads. But when I went and puy in my sd card and loaded pimp my wii i chose do test and rapeir the it said found 73 titles and then it crashed and i got a code dump. so i did it again and again and same thind happened until i powered it on and got to the health and safety screen and presse a the wiimote shut down ant the wii frose in complete darkness. So i was to afraid to see if this happened again because i didnt want my cuisin to know if i did brick her wii. Remember im not sure if it just happened once. Cuz i was too afraid to check again

So is the wii bricked and if it is is there a way to restore it? Remember i dint install anything besides the homebrew channel? Its so confusing.....so please tell me.

thanks
    Last edited by Gio Negrete; 09-06-2011 at 12:14 PM.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    I wouldn't have thought so, if u didnt install anything except HBC. Also would like to mention that it is not recommended to use pimp my wii, u should use the softmod any wii guide from this site.

Didn't realise u said it black screened, see below post.
    Last edited by Pob3008; 09-06-2011 at 08:49 AM.

pimp-my-wii has gimped-your-wii...

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    You could try savemiifrii to open the recovery console. If that doesn't work, you are probably out of luck.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2