Thread: Wii online

Wii online

Hey guys i have searched the forums but i cant find anything that directly answers my questions. I have a modded wii with a D2C wii-clip in it, i think. It all works fine and i can play all games fine.

The question i would like to know is can i go online and play with these games? I Did read a post on something like it about nintendo banning modded wii's from online

Can i update my firmware as i dont want to risk bricking my wii if a newer firmware would add that possibility

Overal im just a bit scared to connect to the net on it incase it bricks! Thanks in advance and sorry for the n00by questions

I wouldn't update your firmware past the 3.2. You can view my signature for a link to the 3.3/3.4 FYI thread. You'll see why in there.

You can also play your games online with no issues. There's no banishment, like Xbox Live. Microsoft runs a pretty sophiticated network.

Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

Quote Originally Posted by e3NiNe View Post
    I wouldn't update your firmware past the 3.2. You can view my signature for a link to the 3.3/3.4 FYI thread. You'll see why in there.

You can also play your games online with no issues. There's no banishment, like Xbox Live. Microsoft runs a pretty sophiticated network.
    thank you just the answers i was searching for

Banned
    Nintendo just hosts servers for you to log on and play online. Microsoft runs like a whole networking system, so you can get caught on there easily.

Hypothetically, if Nintendo did get capability to ban modders, would softmodding or mod-chip be an easier target for them?

Banned
    Probably softmod

sdiofjsofkjosdkfdsfdsfds
    Last edited by admiral victorinox; 01-15-2009 at 08:57 PM.

nintendo cant...

you see theres no report system, and theres not enough money in the system or intrest for it to make a difference

you look at XBL they got millions of players with 50 usd from each per year with like 9 really popular games

nintendo has Brawl and Kart -,_-, which arnt that fun after a while... so dont expect it