Thread: Installing IOS249 through wifi and wad not working

Installing IOS249 through wifi and wad not working

Hi, I'm a new wii modder with a 3 year-old wii that I accidentally upgraded to 4.3. I have gone through all the steps from installing the homebrew channel to installing a neogamma r9, however, my ios is still at rev10, and it says that I must at least have revision 17 installed for maximum compatibility. I tried playing some games my neighbor bought from some shop a few years back and they worked, however, the ones I burned all had errors, and I am assuming that this is because the game i'm trying to play is a new one. I tried installing ios249 rev 17 from this site cIOS Installer 38r17 download on FileTrip.net - FileTrip and when I tried running this from the homebrew channel and setting it to download wirelessly, I get a code dump exception DSI error occured, and when tried installing it using wad instead, it says it cannot find IOS38-64-v3687.wad. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks a lot

WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Don't know why you wouldn't just follow the "softmod any wii" guide, have everything you need, and be done with it.

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Post a syscheck

Sorry, I wasn't familiar with any Wii modding terms since i'm new at this.

Hi, I have done a syscheck and it hangs when testing for ios vulnerabilities

It found 46 titles
    22 IOS and 6 stubs.

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Try syscheck 2.1.0 b13

Hi, I'm now using 2.1 b13, and it still hangs up, but this time while testing IOS12 vulnerabilities

Never mind, it's finally working. Turns out i hadn't set up my wi-fi connection and I needed to burn my discs using DVD-R instead of +R. Thanks a lot for the help.