Thread: BootMii freezes when loaded (4.3u)...

BootMii freezes when loaded (4.3u)...

I just installed The Homebrew Channel on my Wii with the 4.3u software on it. I used the following tutorial to do it: How to get the Homebrew Channel on Wii 4.3U - YouTube anyway, it seems to have gone on without issue and I can see the channel and the water and if I go into it I have the bubbles going up the screen. I was just trying to play a DVD, but I'm a little unclear as to how to use the features. If I press the home button the only option I really have is load BootMii, but when I do that it freezes with the screen that is gray and shows the 4 icons (Wii, SD, etc) on it. When I installed BootMii I installed it as IOS....should I have used the other option? Can anyone tell me how to get it so I can download games to homebrew and play DVD's?

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Use power and reset to navigate through the options

Sent from my iPod touch using the WiiHacks App

okay, that got me browsing in the menu, but to get things to play DVDs or other games, how can I get those options in Homebrew. The only things I have are Wii, Homebrew, SD, and then settings. The settings just has a restore/backup and then if I go to Wii it shoots me back to the main Wii menu and if I go to Homebrew I just have the bubbles going up the screen and Bootmii is the only choice if I press the home button. Sorry I'm so new to this, but if I want to play the DVDs or put a game on do you download them from other locations and then stick them on the SD card or something?

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Wiihacks does not support piracy so we wont help you "download" games.

Also, it would have been better if you wold have a followed a guide from here.

To load games you need a cios installed to launch the loader and play the game. Try posting a syscheck to see whqt ios/cios you uave installed

Sent from my iPod touch using the WiiHacks App

no piracy here....Mostly the only feature I want is DVD playback. I just had my DVD player go south so I was just looking for a way to do it through the Wii. I tried to put the Mplayer CE folder in the /app directory I have on the SD card but it doesn't show up in the Homebrew channel.

Okay, I figured it out. I didn't realize that the apps when into the root of the SD card. I was putting them with an app folder that was deeper. Once I put created an apps folder on the root and tossed the two media players in there they both show up in the homebrew channel. Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by narse1979; 08-13-2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: use the edit button