Thread: .wbfs games files to play on Wii using my Mac??????

.wbfs games files to play on Wii using my Mac??????

Great forum here! I keep coming back to this forum searching and learning how to hack my wii using my Mac OS 10.6.8.

I scoured the internet and forums for any software or process solutions for getting .wbfs files to be on a HD and then play using USB Loader GX.

I have a 500 GB Iomega USB HDD that has been partitioned in half with one being formatted as MS-DOS (FAT32) and the other as MS-DOS (FAT). The FAT is the one I load my .iso on using WBFS MacOS X

I have had some success loading about 5-6 wii games by converting .wbfs to .iso using Wii Backup Fusion, but then some of the larger iso's will not transfer to the FAT drive using WBFS Macos X, I know there is a 4GB limit but some larger games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01].iso are 4.29GB and will try to load but can't.

I found this FAT32 guide very helpful, but still can't do it.

I'd rather use all 40+ .wbfs games I have, put them on my USB HD and access them on the Wii. How do I do that on a Mac?

Please HELP!!
    EJ

WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ej1970 View Post
    Great forum here! I keep coming back to this forum searching and learning how to hack my wii using my Mac OS 10.6.8.

I scoured the internet and forums for any software or process solutions for getting .wbfs files to be on a HD and then play using USB Loader GX.

I have a 500 GB Iomega USB HDD that has been partitioned in half with one being formatted as MS-DOS (FAT32) and the other as MS-DOS (FAT). The FAT is the one I load my .iso on using WBFS MacOS X

I have had some success loading about 5-6 wii games by converting .wbfs to .iso using Wii Backup Fusion, but then some of the larger iso's will not transfer to the FAT drive using WBFS Macos X, I know there is a 4GB limit but some larger games like Super Smash Bros. Brawl [RSBE01].iso are 4.29GB and will try to load but can't.

I found this FAT32 guide very helpful, but still can't do it.

I'd rather use all 40+ .wbfs games I have, put them on my USB HD and access them on the Wii. How do I do that on a Mac?

Please HELP!!
    EJ
    I don't use a mac, but it looks like Wii Backup Fusion will split the game for you when you transfer it to a fat32 drive. I would check the settings or preferences. How come you just have wbfs games and ISO's?

Thanks playerkp420

I tried splitting the large .wbfs files with Wii Backup Fusion and can't figure out how to load 2+ split .iso files onto the FAT HD using Wii Backup Fusion OR WBFS for Mac0S X. How do I do that and still be able to play the game on the Wii?

EJ

I got the same issue.. How will my above 4gig size backup get loaded on usb? I can't even get wii backup fusion to split the iso?

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Use this guide http://www.wiihacks.com/mac-discussi...g-playing.html
    You will find that when you load the file up--> Select convert to iso --> Click on split file and then you can enter the split size I.E 3.5G for 3 1/2 gb.

Yeah.. I managed to split them yesterday. But i had to extract the iso to a directory and then convert back to iso..

Sounds a wee bit redundant.. but hey it works.

Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by pisosse View Post
    Yeah.. I managed to split them yesterday. But i had to extract the iso to a directory and then convert back to iso..

Sounds a wee bit redundant.. but hey it works.

Thanks mate
    hey can u explain exactly what you did, i've been having the same problem