Thread: BootMii as IOS... useless?

Lightbulb BootMii as IOS... useless?

Hey, so I softmoded my 4.3 (Downgraded to 4.1) and did the bootmii backup and all. But I just realized its kind of useless for me alone. I can't really do anything with it, and most of you are negating the force restore (G-Cube Cont. A+B+ some other stuff)

I did see the thing about nand programmer but I honestly don't know if its a chip or an actual person

Any way to install as boot2/make it brick proof? Already read the "How to not brick your wii" guide.

Having bootmii as IOS allows you to do what you did already: make a nand backup. If you find yourself in a dire situation, you can send your wii to someone who has the correct hardware, and they can restore it for you (for a fee). Although theoretically possible, you should not restore your nand using bootmii/ios. It's a really bad plan.

Why are you asking these questions, have you bricked, or is this an academic discussion?

-Blu

Softmod ANY Wii
    | USB-FAT32 | Error Index | Chat!
    An Introduction To Wii Hacking - MUST READ for all new Wii Hackers
    If I have been of help to you, please click the "Thanks" icon to the left.

Academic question, just in case it ever happens. I wanted my wii to be Brick Proof incase someone in my family did anything stupid.

Okey. If you follow mauifrogs anywii guide, you've done all you can to be brickproof. I have my kids wii autoboot to configurable usb loader, so they dont even see the system menu. Their wii is same as yours - bootmii/ios. Dont muck with themes. Dont install wads of unknown origin. Basic stuff you'll be fine.

-Blu

Softmod ANY Wii
    | USB-FAT32 | Error Index | Chat!
    An Introduction To Wii Hacking - MUST READ for all new Wii Hackers
    If I have been of help to you, please click the "Thanks" icon to the left.