Thread: What to do with an old PS2 console

Thanks

What to do with an old PS2 console

OK.... I just replaced my ps2 fat with another ps2 fat because I thought that my original one was about to crap out on me. The sound kept cutting out and everything that I found on the web led me to believe that. Anyway, I figured out that it was my home theater sound system would cut out on me while playing, it wasn't my console. Well to make a long story short, I don't want to do a mod chip on my console because the only games I like to play are NCAA football and GT3 & 4 (won't let my kids touch them, they have their own games and there own console), anyway, I have this old console now and was wondering if there was a way to salvage the memory ports to make some sort of adapter to connect it to my pc and do my own save game editing, or maybe salvage anything else that would work with my pc? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas or am I just looney?? . Oh, by the way... Hi this is a great site and I have been camping out for about 2 days now

Thanks
    I hear those ps2's make great door stops, Once you've done that go get yourself a wii, Much more gaming goodness

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trekster View Post
    I hear those ps2's make great door stops, Once you've done that go get yourself a wii, Much more gaming goodness
    Have a wii, that's how I found this site , at the moment I'm not willing to brick my wii. The ps2 though, is a different story, $49 at ebgames so those are a drop in the bucket for a "noobie" to tinker with
    But your right trekster, I have noticed more gaming goodness with the wii in that last few days.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by animeware View Post
    I look at Ebgames site I saw it for $60 I guess I must read it wrong... I check it out later...

Thanks for the information....
    The fat ps2's were $49 and the Slims are $59, at least that's what they were at my local Eb on the 26th anyway. They may have gone back up since then.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by animeware View Post
    Did you like the video I show you sorry I was look kinda quick sorry????
    Thanks for the video post about disk swap without Swap magic or a mod chip, but that's not quite what I was looking for. Now that I have this extra ps2 laying around, I wanted to know if anyone has seen anyone else salvaged the memory card ports and created an adapter to plug into the usb port on a desktop or laptop. I know I can go out and buy one, but I like to build things with my hands and if I have a tutorial or a how to... well I'm sure you get the point.

Thanks
    if u want to mess around game saves use codebreakers (like 20 bucks at gamestop) and dump them on a flash drive. its easy. btw theres not much to do with them.

Thanks
    i gots a ps2, but im not willing to giv it up till i finish Final Fantasy XII

Thanks
    best thing is to put it along with all the other consoles u might own hoping that in 50 years time they become rarities and therefore the value goes up ^^. or just become in 10 years time the PS2 angry nerd (there are some crappy games that can grind your ****)

Banned
    Thanks
    Or you can take it apart, and sell my peices one by one on ebay for people looking for spare parts?

Thanks
    How dare you suggest that a PS2 should be taken apart! XD XD