[Guide] UMD to Memory stick, ISO to CSO.
Here is a guide to rip your psp UMD disc to your memory stick and create the iso to cso to make the game smaller so you can fit more backups on your memory stick.
First off if you haven’t modded your psp yet then go HERE
- Make sure your psp is fully switched off then power your psp up while holding R and L together. Your recovery menu should now start up
- Go to configuration and select the vsh menu and hit X on it to enable it if it isn’t enabled already.
- Now click on back then exit
- When you are back on the xmb put the UMD game you wish to rip to your memory stick then press select and the m33 vsh menu will start up go to USB device
- Press right on the D-pad until you get to UMD disc now go to exit and hit X
- Now plug the usb to your computer and your psp and if it doesn’t come up automatically then go to my computer and open up the psp drive. You will see the ISO. Right click on it and copy and paste it to your desired location
- Now your rip is starting. When it has finished disconnect the usb and then press select on your psp and the m33 vsh menu will come up.
- Now go to usb device and press right on your D-pad until you get to memory stick. Then go to exit and hit X and you’re done
Now converting your ISO to CSO to make the game smaller. This is optional and will make the game load a bit slower than normal but the game play will be fine.
- Extract it to your desired location of your choice then run the .exe and install it to your desired location, if it doesn’t run when double clicking on the shortcut then right click on it and run as administrator. Now you will see the psp ISO compressor
- On the left you will see a list of options; you will want to click on COMPRESS ISO-> CSO. now look on the right side, you will need to click on the tab on the right of Input file(s) find the ISO that you ripped from your UMD disc and click on it and click open. You can change were it creates the CSO file if you wish by clicking on the tab on the right of output file(s) and pick your desired location and click save otherwise it will just create the CSO file were your ISO is located
- Make sure compression level is on 9 and then click compress on the bottom right of the program a black box will pop up. Now its compressing your ISO to CSO. Wait until it finishes press exit on the psp ISO compressor and then you are done
- If you saved your backup to your computer then this is how you put it on your psp
- Plug your usb into your computer and psp. Switch your psp on then go to usb connection. On the xmb hit X and go to your computer. Now open up the psp drive and there should be a folder called ISO. If not create one then open up the ISO folder and copy paste the backup game into there then press 0 on your psp to exit from usb mode
- Go to game on your xmb scroll down to memory stick.
- Press X and you will see your backup game. Press X on it and enjoy
[SPOILER="psp ISO compressor description"]danny_kay1710's PSP ISO Compressor front end for Windows supporting several ISO compression formats -- CSO, DAX, and the newly introduced JSO.[/SPOILER]
homebrew app psp iso tool_1977
how to use the psp iso_tool
- extract the psp_iso tool, plug your psp into you computer, open it up, go to psp/GAME and copy the psp_iso tool into there
- Start your psp, go to game/memory stick on your xmb and you will see the iso_tool.
- Click x on it and then click x on [UMD DRIVE], then you have an option to convert it to iso or cso.
- To convert it to iso press x on iso and the option to rename the iso comes up, rename it if you want.
- Then press x to start the conversion and then wait for the conversion to complete.
- To convert it to cso start the iso_tool
- Click x on [UMD DRIVE]
- Then an option will come up to convert it to iso or cso
- Click on cso and another option will come up
- You want to click x co compression level 9
- And another option will start up
- Click x on 100% threshold
- The option to change the name of the game will show up change it if you want
- Then click x on yes to start the conversion
- And wait for the conversion to finesh and your done