I am just posting a short list of the best applications that I have found for mucking around with the wii, while using Linux as your main operating system.
Wiithon - WBFS Partition Manager
Add/Delete Wii Games from HDD.
-This tool is very nice, auto updates game titles according too WiiTDB.
-Very stable, rarely crashes for me or has any issues.
-Allows you to queue up multiple games for adding
-Bit outdated, has not seen any recent development.
-No ciso support
Wii Backup Fusion / Home / Wii Backup Fusion
This one is looking to be very promising
- List games from images, WBFS partitions and DVD with all game infos
- Transfer game images to WBFS partition or file
- Transfer game from DVD to WBFS or image
- Extract game contents from WBFS or images
- Convert between game image formats
- Diff images after transfer
- Split game images while transfer or convert
- Compare Files and WBFS game lists
- Additional info tab for a compact overview and game cover
- Load 3D and HQ game covers in different languages
- Titles and Covers in different languages
- Cover viewer for full HQ game covers with save possibility
- Update title databases in all available languages*
- Check and repair WBFS files and partitions
- Create and format WBFS partitions and files
- Supports scrubbing (data, update and channel partitions)
- Supports GameCube images (experimental!)
- Supported formats: ISO, CISO, WIA, WDF, WBFS files, WBFS partitions
- Supports aqua or brushed metal style on Mac OS X
As you can see the options by far blow away wiithon. For now I am keeping them both around. They both seem to have benefits for my usage cases.
-Crashes for me when I attempt to queue up multiple ISO's to be added.
A very nice list, even if it is short. I was wondering: would it be okay with you if I added this to my Wiihacks Linux Guide - softmodding using Linux and ext2/ext3/ext4 USB loading? You will be mentioned in the credits and off course, you name will also be mentioned above the actual list.
Awesome sig picture does not work
Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2
Very cool! Add away I don't mind.
In that case may be good too point out a few more things.
- Wiithon or WiiBaFu can not format the drive at all.
Formatting the drive WBFS with Linux-wbfs-Manager.
linux-wbfs-manager - A WBFS manager for Linux using GTK+ - Google Project Hosting
This supposedly can format a drive in WBFS format. Though I have not tested this myself.