Thread: about to smash wii

about to smash wii

I'm trying to load a game from sd slot. CFG Loader channel will not load without sd card plugged in. So I plug it in load CFG unplug it and plug in my sd card with my game on it. Everything is fine until I go to boot the game. it says *booting game/wait or whatever and it never loads.(its mario kart booting with IOS 249)

I figured to get around this I'd just install USB Loader GX forwarder/channel so I wouldn't need to plug in my SD with all my .dols and stuff. Well f*** that my wii said. USB Loader GX stays at the loading screen. I waited 10 min+ before I forced a shutdown. GX was installed on IOS 222... It might have been 249 but I remember reading 249 had issues and to use 222.

I used Maui's any wii guide. i have all updated IOS/cIos.

Any suggestions besides HDD loading before I just throw it out the window. I mean even Wii64 is junk. I've been trying to load backups for 3 days and I'm starting to forget the point.
    sorry if I ramble

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    A forwarder points to the app on the card, will not run w/o card in. Put your games and apps on the same card.

....and yes, wii64 is crap.

Are there any loaders that can run from a channel and don't need to have an sd card inserted?

I'm sorry it's just the whole reason that I softmodded was to play my 64 roms on the wii. But wii64 is only in beta and most of the games I own are extremely laggy in it. I burnt tons of dvds before I found out I have a 75% chance of a d32 drive even though my wiis like 5 years old. Now I've been trying to load from sd with wbfs manager and everything and even that's not working correctly.
    sorry if I ramble

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    You can do a full channel install and not need the sd card. I know GX has one, pretty sure CFG does as well.