Thread: WiiMC Freezes when trying to load

WiiMC Freezes when trying to load

It worked perfectly fine before and then today it stopped working. When I go to start it, the loading screen comes up and then it freezes. I went into the homebrew channel and went to the wiimc from there and I get this message "Error: The current IOS is unsupported. Functionality and/or stability may be adversley affected." When I click okay it then starts up the wiimc program, but I don't want to have to go thru the homebrew channel each time. Any suggestions???

Thank You.

you did a update to WiiMC? Did you install IOS58 also?

I honestly have no idea what I'm doing so I'm afraid to mess it up.

Read here, and make sure you install IOS58 also, because that is what the newest WiiMC requires to run.

I did that but for the life of me couldn't figure out how to reinstall the hbc and I don't have a controller to use the bootmi with

BootMii.org

SD Card/Apps/hackmii/boot.elf

Extract boot.elf from the HackMii Installer v0.8.zip and place it in the hackmii folder (create folder) as shown above. Start the hackmii installer (boot.elf) from homebrew channel.
    Wait a few and press 1. Continue...
    Install the homebrew channel.
    Done.
    Last edited by mrkazador; 07-01-2011 at 01:26 PM.

I don't have the hackmii installer I have a bootmii and I don't have the game cube controller and can't figure out how to reinstall it.

I gave you a link to the hackmii installer and exactly what to do... You don't need a gamecube controller to reinstall homebrew channel, you can use the wii remote to navigate.

going to attempt it....thank you very much!