Thread: HBC will no longer load

HBC will no longer load

Whenever I try to open the HBC, all I get is a blackscreen. I tried reinstalling many times to no avail, so I installed the beta9 version sucessfully and attempted to update, but the download failed each and every time. The latest change I made prior to this happening was updating the Wii Shop so I could get the Kirby TV Channel, but it was working fine for a fair while after doing so.

Any ideas?

If you update the shop channel, you updated the Wii also. May have to redo your softmod.

I followed the stickied guide to do it, so I'm still on 4.1.

OK, have you tried to just reinstall HBC?

Yeah, many times. As I said, the beta9 version works, but when it attempts to update the download fails. I've also tried installing the latest version manually and my initial problem occurs.

So it the Homebrew Browser not Homebrew Channel itself then? Have you tried an earlier version to see if that worked?

Sorry if I wasn't being clear, but it the Homebrew Channel itself - I don't have the Homebrew Browser. Like I said, I tried an earlier version (beta9) which does work, but when I attempt to update it I get an error message telling me the download had failed.

If it is working, do not update it right now, may just be something wrong with it, who knows. Other than that, don't know what else to tell you at the moment. I see as the latest for HBC(beta 6) which is in the HackMii Installer, and 0.3.9c for HBB. I would just skip trying to update it for a while then try it sometime later on.