Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Wii HBC Issue - Retail Discs Not Being Read

  1. #1

    Wii HBC Issue - Retail Discs Not Being Read

    'Ello. My name's MikalMirkas and I need some help. I'm completely lost and somewhat new to the homebrew scene. My Wii was purchased at launch, it's currently at System Menu 4.3U. I used the Indiana Pwns Exploit to Homebrew my Wii. However, when I went to boot up a retail disc from the Disc Channel afterwards, it just says:

    Unable to read the disc.
    Check the Wii Operations Manual
    for help troubleshooting.
    I don't know how I can really provide more information.

    Thanks for reading. Halp pl0xies.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Sorry read your thread title. Didn't see that it was retail discs.
    What guide did you follow. If its one thats not on here please don't post a link.
    Last edited by narse1979; 06-20-2011 at 12:26 PM.


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Sorry read your thread title. Didn't see that it was retail discs.
    What guide did you follow. If its one thats not on here please don't post a link.
    I followed some guide off of WiiBrew, the Indiana Pwns exploit.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Do a syscheck and post result here in a spoiler

    How to post a system check


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Do a syscheck and post result here in a spoiler

    How to post a system check
    [SPOILER="SysCheck"] sysCheck v2.1.0b7 by Double_A ...runs on IOS58 (rev 6176).




    Region: NTSC-U

    System Menu 4.3U (v513)
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.8 running on IOS58 Hollywood v0x11

    Console ID: derp
    Boot2 v4


    Found 102 titles.

    Found 45 IOS on this console. 16 of them are stub.



    IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS9 (rev 1034): No Patches
    IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
    IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
    IOS12 (rev 526): No Patches
    IOS13 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS14 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS15 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
    IOS17 (rev 1032): No Patches
    IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
    IOS21 (rev 1039): No Patches
    IOS22 (rev 1294): No Patches
    IOS28 (rev 1807): No Patches
    IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
    IOS31 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS33 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS34 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS35 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS36 (rev 3608): No Patches
    IOS37 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS38 (rev 4124): No Patches
    IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
    IOS41 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS43 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS45 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS46 (rev 3607): No Patches
    IOS48 (rev 4124): No Patches
    IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
    IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
    IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
    IOS53 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS55 (rev 5663): No Patches
    IOS56 (rev 5662): No Patches
    IOS57 (rev 5919): No Patches
    IOS58 (rev 6176): USB 2.0
    IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
    IOS61 (rev 5662): No Patches
    IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
    IOS80 (rev 6944): No Patches
    IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS250 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
    BC v6


    MIOS v10






    Report generated on 2011/06/23. [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by MikalMirkas; 06-23-2011 at 09:14 AM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    All these stubs mean that you are not fully modded. There is more to it that just installing the hbc aand bootmii.
    Look at Mauifrogs Mod Any Wii guide...

    IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS249 (rev 65280): Stub
    IOS250 (rev 65280): Stub


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    All these stubs mean that you are not fully modded. There is more to it that just installing the hbc aand bootmii.
    Look at Mauifrogs Mod Any Wii guide...
    So, fully modding it will fix the optical drive?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Probably not but it looks like you want to be modded so I was pointing you in the right direction.
    You wii drive could be on the way out or the lens has got quite dirty and could do with a clean.

    You can get a nintendo lens cleaning kit. If that doesn't work I have heard people go as far as taking the wii apart and cleaning the lens with ethonol and if that doesn't work you could always replace the drive.


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Probably not but it looks like you want to be modded so I was pointing you in the right direction.
    You wii drive could be on the way out or the lens has got quite dirty and could do with a clean.

    You can get a nintendo lens cleaning kit. If that doesn't work I have heard people go as far as taking the wii apart and cleaning the lens with ethonol and if that doesn't work you could always replace the drive.
    The retail discs worked fine before I Homebrewed the Wii.
    I heard that it might be "DVDX" or whatever that is. I haven't tried running a DVD on it yet.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •