Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible to fix?

Possible to fix?

I had a wii that was given to me in a bricked state. I'm not sure exactly what state of brick it was in, but I do know the following:

Turn the power on, the Health Warning screen comes up, but no 'Press A' shows
    I tried using an aftermarket controller to do a savemiifii but it failed
    I then used a nintendo controller to enter savemii mode and it came up as ver 4.0 (USA)
    I put Mario Galaxy 2 in, hoping to update the firmware, which it appeared to
    I got a screen with a bunch of the wii channel images all saying wii in them, but then nothing happened.
    I shut it down, did the savemiifrii method again, this time it showed 4.2
    I put Epic Mickey into the system and let it run, after about 30 minutes, I shut it down as it was still at a black screen
    Now, when I do savemiifrii, I get 4.3 in the corner, but nothing else happens
    I still get the Health and Warning screen when I turn the system on, but again, no 'Press A' to continue comes up

Is this system totally bricked?
    Is there a chance at recovery?

I'm thinking of getting a drivekey so I can use Universal Unbrick, but I want to make sure there's a possibility of fixing this thing before I continue.

Some history of the Wii -

It was purchased used from a local store that is now out of business
    I do not have any knowledge of bootmii or any other hacks being used on the system, nor do I know how to tell to see if they had been. I haven't opened the system to see if there is a modchip installed, though I am thinking there is not.

So, I am turning to the community to help me determine if there is hope for the system.

Thanks.

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Yes you can fix it. You need a modchip installed with a compatible dvd drive. You probably have a bannerbrick, you need to delete the channel that is causing the bannerbrick.

Step 1- install modchip
    Step 2- [SPOILER="Load Hackmii installer via Recovery Menu"]Load Hackmii installer via Recovery Menu
    Required materials-
    -Compatible dvd drive (or preinstalled game exploit)
    -Modchip or Dip patched system ios
    -GC controller or a savemii
    There are several methods to load apps from the recovery menu, not all of them will work of every situation.[SPOILER="Recovery Disc- Requires trucha patched system ios"]Download MMM-250.zip, extract the MMM-16.iso to your pc -mirror
    Burn the MMM-250.iso, good and proper
    Burn with ImgBurn @ 1-4x, incremental -Verbatim dvd -r is best.
    You won't be using this disk for long, so try what ever media you have before you buy new disks.
    Download MMM-58-61_Hackmii_0.8_BB2.zip, and extract to sd:\ -mirror
    Put the sd-card in your wii, boot the wii and load MMM-250
    Multi-Mod Manager will load
    -Select Wad Manager -Press A
    -Press 1, -press A -Install all wads
    -IOS58 and IOS61 will install
    -Press "any button"
    -Press 2- load "App Manager"
    -Select hackmii_installer_v0.8 -Press A
    Hackmii Installer Loads[/SPOILER][SPOILER="Bannerbomb v1 or Savegame exploit install via netflix disc"]This will load datamanagment from the recovery menu allowing <4.1 wiis to run Bannerbomb or install a savegame exploit on >4.2 wiis.
    Should work on all wii's <4.1, and 4.2u/4.3u+ wiis
    4.2+e/j/k wiis possibly can load Netflix via DiscSwap PWNS

Requirments:
    Modchip
    Wii Netflix disc

Burn the Wii Netflix disc, good and proper.
    If your modchip is not set to autoboot discs, use Wii Bootme to set the iso to autoboot.

The wii must be offline. If you have internet enabled, power off your wifi router.

Use savemiifrii to boot the wii into the recovery menu.
    Insert the Wii NetFlix disc
    Netflix should load and give a connection error. It will then prompt you to enter the wii settings.
    Enter the Wii Settings, it will take you to the connection settings.
    Back out of the connection settings and enter Data Managment.
    From Data Management run Bannerbomb v1 for <4.1 wiis, or install a disc exploit of your choice for 4.2/4.3+ wiis.
    [SPOILER="3.0-4.1 Bannerbomb v1"]Download MMM-58-61-Hackmii_0.8_BB1.zip, Extract file to sd:\ -mirror
    alternate BBv1 files-B, C, D, E- If the boot.dol does not load, try these, just extract to sd:\
    -Go to wii settings- data managment- channels- SD- Load the boot.dol
    -Multi-Mod Manager will load
    -Select Wad Manager -Press A
    -Press 1, -Press A -Install all Wads
    -IOS58 and IOS61 will install
    -Press "any button"
    -Press 2- load "App Manager"
    -Select hackmii_installer_v0.8 -Press A
    Hackmii Installer Loads[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER="4.2/4.3u/e/j/k Disc Exploits"][SPOILER="4.3u/e- Indiana PWNS"]download Hackmii_0.8_IP_SS_BB2.zip, Extract to sd:\ -mirror

Indiana PWNS - Works with 4.3u/e
    -Play Lego Indiana Jones Original. Start a new game, then exit to System Menu.
    -Go to wii settings, data management, save games, wii, SD
    -Click SD, copy Indiana PWNS for your region
    -Play Lego Indiana Jones original, load save game slot 1
    -
    When the game loads, you will be in Barnett College. Walk to the Art Room (through the Courtyard), approach the left character on the podium. When it zooms on him, choose the switch to option (two silhouettes, staggered, with an arrow pointing between them).
    -Hackmii Installer Loads
    [SPOILER="Indiana PWNS Video"] [/SPOILER][/SPOILER][SPOILER="4.3u/e/j - YU-GI-OWNED! or YU-GI-VAH"]
    Works with 4.3u/e/j
    You need YU-GI-OH 5D Wheelie Breaker game
    4.3u wiis- download Hackmii_0.8-yu-gi-vah-U.zip , Extract to sd:\ -mirror

4.3j wiis- download Hackmii_0.8_yu-gi-vah-J.zip, Extract to sd:\ -mirror
    4.3e wiis- download:
    PAL 50hrz- Hackmii_0.8-yu-gi-OWNED!-E50.zip , Extract to sd:\ -mirror
    PAL 60hrz- Hackmii_0.8-yu-gi-OWNED!-E60.zip, Extract to sd:\ -mirror

-Play YU-GI-OH 5D Wheelie Breaker at least once
    -Go to Wii settings -> Data Management -> Savegames -> Wii
    -Delete the Yu-Gi-Oh savegame
    -Go to the Sd-card menu
    -Copy the YU-GI-OH5D exploit to the wii
    -Run the game YU-GI-OH 5D Wheelie Breaker and load the savegame file ...
    -Hackmii installer 0.8 loads[/SPOILER][SPOILER="4.3u/e/j Lego Star Wars"]Requires 1-2g SD card
    Requires Lego Star Wars game
    Play the game once
    Return of Jodi- Download hackmii-0.8_return-jodi.zip------mirror
    or
    Jabba the Haxx -Download Hackmii-0.8_jabba-haxx.zip------mirror
    Extract to sd:\
    Go to wii data managment, savegames
    Delete your lego starwars save file (backup it up if you like)
    Copy the hacked save file for your region from your sd card to your wii
    Start up the game, load the first save slot (on the left, at 0.0%)
    As soon as the level loads, run to the right and you'll see two characters floating. Run to the area in front of them and you'll see "Return of Jodi" show up, press the "A" button on your Wiimote and your boot.elf will run
    Hackmii Installer 0.8 loads

[/SPOILER][SPOILER="4.3u/e/j Bat HAXX"]Requires 1-2g SD card
    Requires Lego Batman game
    Play the game once
    Download hackmii-0.8_bathaxx.zip
    Extract to sd:\ -mirror
    Go to wii data managment, savegames
    Delete your lego Batman save file (backup it up if you like)
    Copy the hacked save file for your region from your sd card to your wii
    Boot LEGO Batman and load the savegame you just copied. You are now in the batcave, take the elevator on the right side. Then in the trophy room, go to the upper corner and go through the door in order to enter the "Wayne Manor". Now you can select a character. Choose the last enabled one in the lowest row
    Hackmii Installer 0.8 Loads

[/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][SPOILER="Loading Installed Savegame exploit"]If you currently have a savegame exploit installed on your wii you can load that game and run the exploit.
    Extract Hackmii installer 0.8 to sd:\
    Load your Exploitable game
    Run the exploit- Hackmii loads[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER="Smash Stack via SSBB Pal/Kor"]If you do not have any savegame exploits, no trucha patched system ios, and can not enter datamanagment, you can still load Smash stack from the recovery menu on USA/EURO/KOR wiis. This does not work on Jap wiis
    Download- Smash-Stack.zip
    Extract to a formated standard SD card 1-2g
    SDHC will not work

NTSC-U wiis- Download error 003-USA.zip
    -Extract to your pc in folder \003
    -Do MarioKart-PWNS or SwapDisc-PWNS

NTSC-J wiis-This does not work on JAP wiis

PAL wiis- Patch your SSBB-PAL.iso to autoboot with bootme
    -Autoboot SSBB-PAL and run the smash stack.
    -Hackmii loads, install HBC, bootmii, make a nand backup

NTSC-K wiis- Patch your SSBB-KOR.iso to autoboot with bootme
    -Autoboot SSBB-PAL and run the smash stack.
    -Hackmii loads, install HBC, bootmii, make a nand backup

Mario Kart PWNS
    This will allow you to load Smash Stack PAL on a non pal wii
    You can do this via channel install
    What you need-
    A game in the region of your wii
    The game must install a channel, that is not currently installed on your wii
    Games that install channels- Mario Kart, Wii Fit, Rabbids Go Home

Tested with Mario Kart
    I had no luck with the other two

Copy your Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL ISO to folder /003
    Copy your channel installing game to folder /003
    Navigate to folder /003
    Rename your Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL ISO -> ssbb-pal.iso
    Rename your channel installing game -> channel.iso

Run MarioKart-PWNS.bat
    Let wit do its thing
    Code:
    wit mix channel.iso channel.iso ignore "@ignore.txt" select DATA as chan --dest disc1.iso --overlay
    wit edit disc1.iso --id=0SBE01 --name "MarioKart-PWNS" --region USA --modify=DISC
    wit mix disc1.iso header region ignore "@ignore.txt" ssbb-pal.iso select DATA as chan --dest disc2.iso --overlay
    Burn on good Media. Dual Layer media for ssbb-pal.iso, such as verbatim dvd + or minus. I have had good luck with verbatim dl dvd +r 8x and verbatim dl dvd -r 2.4x.
    Burn with ImgBurn, @ 4x set the layer break to - 2084960
    Burn disc1.iso on a good dvd5 disc
    Burn disc2.iso.iso on a good dvd9 dual layer disc
    Use a gc controller to enter recovery menu via savemiifrii
    Insert the channel disc, the game boots

Use your wiimote and navigate to the channel installer. Select to install the channel, it will tell you this channel uses so many block. When you get to the install confirmation, press [HOME] on the wiimote, eject disc1, insert disc2, press [HOME] on the wiimote, install the channel-
    Super Smash Bros Brawl- VC demo menu will load, press [HOME] again, restart-
    SSBB strap screen loads. Make a savegame.

Go to the stage builder, delete any custom stages you may have go back to the main title screen
    Insert a standard sd card, 1-2g, non sdhc with Smash Stack PAL on it
    Go back to the stage builder- Hackmii Installer Loads

Disc Swap PWNS
    What you need-
    A game in your wii's region that will autoboot- Tested with Castlevania
    The game must reset to the strap screen when it is reset via [HOME] on the wiimote [Reset] on the wii screen
    Game that reset to the strap screen- many games maybe, you can test, Castlevania works
    Game must be kind and load another game for you- Tested with Castlevania, I am sure there are others
    Super Smash Bros. Brawl-PAL, 1:1 DVD9 iso

Most games will require you to load to the title screen, press [HOME] on the wiimote, swap discs, press [HOME] and the wiimote and go back to the title screen. Now listen to the wii drive, as soon as the drive clicks to spin up the disc, press [HOME], then click restart on the wii screen. The timing will be different for every game. Some games you can just restart, others need the spin up first.

Games that work-
    Castlevania Judgment -with spin up
    Dora- Crystal Kingdom -with spin up
    BOOM Blocks Bash Party -with spin up
    Carnival Games - no spin up
    Family Party- 30 great games- with spin up.

Copy your Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL ISO to /003
    Copy your Swap Disc game to /003
    Navigate to folder /003
    Rename your Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL ISO -> ssbb-pal.iso
    Rename your swap disc game -> swap.iso

Run SwapDisc-PWNS.bat
    Let wit do its thing
    Code:
    wit edit swap.iso --id=0SBE01 --name "SwapDisc-PWNS" --region USA --modify=DISC
    wit edit ssbb-pal.iso --id=0SBE01 --name "SwapDisc-PWNS" --region USA --modify=DISC
    Burn on good Media. Dual Layer media for ssbb-pal.iso, such as verbatim dvd + or minus. I have had good luck with verbatim dl dvd +r 8x and verbatim dl dvd -r 2.4x.
    Burn with ImgBurn, @ 4x set the layer break to - 2084960
    Burn swap.iso on a good dvd5 disc
    Burn ssbb-pal.iso.iso on a good dvd9 dual layer disc

Use a gamecube controller and load the recovery menu using savemiifrii.
    Insert your swap disc, let the game load to the title screen
    Press [Home] on the wiimote, eject the swap disc
    Insert SSBB-PAL
    Now depending on the game, you could press restart or your may need to press [HOME] and load the game title screen again, then very very quickly press [HOME] again, then restart on the wii screen. It will be different for every game
    For Castlevania- Load the title screen, Press [HOME], swap discs, press [HOME], wait 0.5-1sec, press [HOME], reset from the wii screen. Timing has to be right.

This should load the VC demo screen of SSBB, press [HOME] and restart again.
    SSBB strap screen should load. Make a savegame.
    Go to the stage builder, delete any custom stages you may have go back to the main title screen
    Insert a standard sd card, 1-2g, non sdhc with Smash Stack PAL on it
    Go back to the stage builder- Hackmii Installer Loads
    [/SPOILER][/SPOILER]
    Part 2- Install The HomeBrew Channel and Bootmii
    Read the Scam warning and press 1
    It may take a minute or two for the "press 1" to appear- be patient
    Install the HomeBrew Channel
    Install Bootmii as Boot2(boot2 may not be available, IOS installs automatically)
    Prepare the SD-card
    If Step1 fails with error "no vulnerable ios", DO THIS

Part 3- Make A NAND Backup (NOT Optional, do this,)
    Load HBC, press -HOME-, launch Bootmii
    Make a nand backup
    Press Power, Power, Power, Reset, Reset (or use gc-controller)
    Power = Right, Eject = Left, Reset = Select
    Once the backup is complete, exit bootmii to HBC
    Backup your Bootmii files to your PC
    sd:\bootmii
    sd:\nand.bin
    sd:\key.bin
    *DO NOT LOSE THESE FILES*
    If you want to load bootmii again at a later date, copy the bootmii folder back to sd:\

Step 3- Do Chapter 2 from the Any Wii softmod guide, linked below
    Step 4- Load Any Title Deleter DB, delete the channel that is bricking your wii, found in "Installed Channels" Try not to delete HBC, MAUI, usbloader channel, backup channel unless you don't want them.

When you load hackmii from the recovery menu, you don't have a trucha ios and you probably don't have a savegame exploit installed. Try the netflix disc or Disc Swap PWNS
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Thanks, I was checking out the Netflix method, I have a disc here somewhere that I could use if needed.

I am trying the first method now and will post the results as soon as I can.

--Edit--

Just re-read the post, I need to order a drivekey before I go any further, it looks like. I burned the disc, but I'm guessing without the drivekey, my system won't autoboot.

I'll try the netflix method, though when I look for Wii Bootme, I find BootMii, instead... will continue my searching (or am I being dumb and not realizing they are the same thing?)
    Last edited by Villain Vivi; 06-12-2011 at 09:29 PM.

DA KINE WiiHacker

Yep, looks like I will need to buy a drivekey to go any further. I have a Boot2 compatible wii (according to the chart in the forums here), but it still doesn't seem to like burned discs.

Ok, I figured in prep of getting the disc setup and ready to go I would get it burned to a disc. However, when I try to extract the .zip, it goes for about an hour and then says I do not have enough space on my harddrive for the iso image. What tool did you use to create the .zip file? I've tried 7zip and WinRAR to extract it, but they both end with the same result. The one time I did get it to extract, I needed to copy it to a flash drive to move it, the file says 4GB, but when I try to copy to my empty 320GB external harddrive, I get an error that there's not enough free space on the drive. It's acting as though the .iso file is corrupted. I don't think it's an issue with your .zip file, so I'm guessing it's something I'm doing wrong. Any tips on how I can get this thing to burn?

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Villain Vivi View Post
    Ok, I figured in prep of getting the disc setup and ready to go I would get it burned to a disc. However, when I try to extract the .zip, it goes for about an hour and then says I do not have enough space on my harddrive for the iso image. What tool did you use to create the .zip file? I've tried 7zip and WinRAR to extract it, but they both end with the same result. The one time I did get it to extract, I needed to copy it to a flash drive to move it, the file says 4GB, but when I try to copy to my empty 320GB external harddrive, I get an error that there's not enough free space on the drive. It's acting as though the .iso file is corrupted. I don't think it's an issue with your .zip file, so I'm guessing it's something I'm doing wrong. Any tips on how I can get this thing to burn?
    The wii iso are about 4.5g, they are to big for a fat32 drive. FAT32 can not go higher than 4g.

Sorry it's been so long since I updated. I have a WiiKey Fusion on the way and want to make sure it is going to work. Friend bought one and hasn't used it yet, so he said he'd send it my way to see if I can revive this Wii while he's deployed over the next few months.I've never used a ModChip on the Wii (used to do PS1 mods, but that was years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Yes you can fix it. You need a modchip installed with a compatible dvd drive. You probably have a bannerbrick, you need to delete the channel that is causing the bannerbrick.Step 1- install modchipStep 2- [SPOILER="Load Hackmii installer via Recovery Menu"]Load Hackmii installer via Recovery MenuRequired materials--Compatible dvd drive (or preinstalled game exploit) -Modchip or Dip patched system ios-GC controller or a savemiiThere are several methods to load apps from the recovery menu, not all of them will work of every situation.[SPOILER="Recovery Disc- Requires trucha patched system ios"]Download MMM-250.zip, extract the MMM-16.iso to your pc -mirrorBurn the MMM-250.iso, good and properBurn with ImgBurn @ 1-4x, incremental -Verbatim dvd -r is best.You won't be using this disk for long, so try what ever media you have before you buy new disks.Download MMM-58-61_Hackmii_0.8_BB2.zip, and extract to sd:\ -mirrorPut the sd-card in your wii, boot the wii and load MMM-250Multi-Mod Manager will load-Select Wad Manager -Press A-Press 1, -press A -Install all wads-IOS58 and IOS61 will install-Press "any button"-Press 2- load "App Manager"-Select hackmii_installer_v0.8 -Press AHackmii Installer Loads[/SPOILER][SPOILER="Bannerbomb v1 or Savegame exploit install via netflix disc"]This will load datamanagment from the recovery menu allowing 4.2 wiis.Should work on all wii's Savegames -> Wii[/SIZE]-Delete the Yu-Gi-Oh savegame-Go to the Sd-card menu-Copy the YU-GI-OH5D exploit to the wii-Run the game YU-GI-OH 5D Wheelie Breaker and load the savegame file ...-Hackmii installer 0.8 loads[/SPOILER][SPOILER="4.3u/e/j Lego Star Wars"]Requires 1-2g SD cardRequires Lego Star Wars gamePlay the game onceReturn of Jodi- Download hackmii-0.8_return-jodi.zip------mirrororJabba the Haxx -Download Hackmii-0.8_jabba-haxx.zip------mirrorExtract to sd:\ Go to wii data managment, savegamesDelete your lego starwars save file (backup it up if you like)Copy the hacked save file for your region from your sd card to your wiiStart up the game, load the first save slot (on the left, at 0.0%)As soon as the level loads, run to the right and you'll see two characters floating. Run to the area in front of them and you'll see "Return of Jodi" show up, press the "A" button on your Wiimote and your boot.elf will runHackmii Installer 0.8 loads [/SPOILER][SPOILER="4.3u/e/j Bat HAXX"]Requires 1-2g SD cardRequires Lego Batman gamePlay the game onceDownload hackmii-0.8_bathaxx.zipExtract to sd:\ -mirrorGo to wii data managment, savegamesDelete your lego Batman save file (backup it up if you like)Copy the hacked save file for your region from your sd card to your wiiBoot LEGO Batman and load the savegame you just copied. You are now in the batcave, take the elevator on the right side. Then in the trophy room, go to the upper corner and go through the door in order to enter the "Wayne Manor". Now you can select a character. Choose the last enabled one in the lowest rowHackmii Installer 0.8 Loads [/SPOILER][/SPOILER][/SPOILER][SPOILER="Loading Installed Savegame exploit"]If you currently have a savegame exploit installed on your wii you can load that game and run the exploit.Extract Hackmii installer 0.8 to sd:\Load your Exploitable gameRun the exploit- Hackmii loads[/SPOILER][SPOILER="Smash Stack via SSBB Pal/Kor"]If you do not have any savegame exploits, no trucha patched system ios, and can not enter datamanagment, you can still load Smash stack from the recovery menu on USA/EURO/KOR wiis. This does not work on Jap wiisDownload- Smash-Stack.zip Extract to a formated standard SD card 1-2gSDHC will not work NTSC-U wiis- Download error 003-USA.zip -Extract to your pc in folder \003-Do MarioKart-PWNS or SwapDisc-PWNS NTSC-J wiis-This does not work on JAP wiisPAL wiis- Patch your SSBB-PAL.iso to autoboot with bootme-Autoboot SSBB-PAL and run the smash stack. -Hackmii loads, install HBC, bootmii, make a nand backupNTSC-K wiis- Patch your SSBB-KOR.iso to autoboot with bootme-Autoboot SSBB-PAL and run the smash stack. -Hackmii loads, install HBC, bootmii, make a nand backupMario Kart PWNSThis will allow you to load Smash Stack PAL on a non pal wiiYou can do this via channel install What you need-A game in the region of your wiiThe game must install a channel, that is not currently installed on your wiiGames that install channels- Mario Kart, Wii Fit, Rabbids Go HomeTested with Mario KartI had no luck with the other twoCopy your Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL ISO to folder /003Copy your channel installing game to folder /003Navigate to folder /003Rename your Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL ISO -> ssbb-pal.iso Rename your channel installing game -> channel.isoRun MarioKart-PWNS.batLet wit do its thingCode:wit mix channel.iso channel.iso ignore "@ignore.txt" select DATA as chan --dest disc1.iso --overlay wit edit disc1.iso --id=0SBE01 --name "MarioKart-PWNS" --region USA --modify=DISCwit mix disc1.iso header region ignore "@ignore.txt" ssbb-pal.iso select DATA as chan --dest disc2.iso --overlayBurn on good Media. Dual Layer media for ssbb-pal.iso, such as verbatim dvd + or minus. I have had good luck with verbatim dl dvd +r 8x and verbatim dl dvd -r 2.4x. Burn with ImgBurn, @ 4x set the layer break to - 2084960Burn disc1.iso on a good dvd5 discBurn disc2.iso.iso on a good dvd9 dual layer discUse a gc controller to enter recovery menu via savemiifriiInsert the channel disc, the game boots Use your wiimote and navigate to the channel installer. Select to install the channel, it will tell you this channel uses so many block. When you get to the install confirmation, press [HOME] on the wiimote, eject disc1, insert disc2, press [HOME] on the wiimote, install the channel- Super Smash Bros Brawl- VC demo menu will load, press [HOME] again, restart- SSBB strap screen loads. Make a savegame.Go to the stage builder, delete any custom stages you may have go back to the main title screenInsert a standard sd card, 1-2g, non sdhc with Smash Stack PAL on itGo back to the stage builder- Hackmii Installer LoadsDisc Swap PWNSWhat you need-A game in your wii's region that will autoboot- Tested with CastlevaniaThe game must reset to the strap screen when it is reset via [HOME] on the wiimote [Reset] on the wii screenGame that reset to the strap screen- many games maybe, you can test, Castlevania worksGame must be kind and load another game for you- Tested with Castlevania, I am sure there are othersSuper Smash Bros. Brawl-PAL, 1:1 DVD9 isoMost games will require you to load to the title screen, press [HOME] on the wiimote, swap discs, press [HOME] and the wiimote and go back to the title screen. Now listen to the wii drive, as soon as the drive clicks to spin up the disc, press [HOME], then click restart on the wii screen. The timing will be different for every game. Some games you can just restart, others need the spin up first.Games that work-Castlevania Judgment -with spin upDora- Crystal Kingdom -with spin upBOOM Blocks Bash Party -with spin upCarnival Games - no spin upFamily Party- 30 great games- with spin up.Copy your Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL ISO to /003Copy your Swap Disc game to /003Navigate to folder /003Rename your Super Smash Bros. Brawl PAL ISO -> ssbb-pal.iso Rename your swap disc game -> swap.isoRun SwapDisc-PWNS.batLet wit do its thingCode:wit edit swap.iso --id=0SBE01 --name "SwapDisc-PWNS" --region USA --modify=DISCwit edit ssbb-pal.iso --id=0SBE01 --name "SwapDisc-PWNS" --region USA --modify=DISCBurn on good Media. Dual Layer media for ssbb-pal.iso, such as verbatim dvd + or minus. I have had good luck with verbatim dl dvd +r 8x and verbatim dl dvd -r 2.4x. Burn with ImgBurn, @ 4x set the layer break to - 2084960Burn swap.iso on a good dvd5 discBurn ssbb-pal.iso.iso on a good dvd9 dual layer discUse a gamecube controller and load the recovery menu using savemiifrii.Insert your swap disc, let the game load to the title screenPress [Home] on the wiimote, eject the swap discInsert SSBB-PALNow depending on the game, you could press restart or your may need to press [HOME] and load the game title screen again, then very very quickly press [HOME] again, then restart on the wii screen. It will be different for every gameFor Castlevania- Load the title screen, Press [HOME], swap discs, press [HOME], wait 0.5-1sec, press [HOME], reset from the wii screen. Timing has to be right.This should load the VC demo screen of SSBB, press [HOME] and restart again. SSBB strap screen should load. Make a savegame.Go to the stage builder, delete any custom stages you may have go back to the main title screenInsert a standard sd card, 1-2g, non sdhc with Smash Stack PAL on itGo back to the stage builder- Hackmii Installer Loads[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]Part 2- Install The HomeBrew Channel and BootmiiRead the Scam warning and press 1It may take a minute or two for the "press 1" to appear- be patientInstall the HomeBrew ChannelInstall Bootmii as Boot2(boot2 may not be available, IOS installs automatically)Prepare the SD-cardIf Step1 fails with error "no vulnerable ios", DO THISPart 3- Make A NAND Backup (NOT Optional, do this,)Load HBC, press -HOME-, launch BootmiiMake a nand backupPress Power, Power, Power, Reset, Reset (or use gc-controller)Power = Right, Eject = Left, Reset = SelectOnce the backup is complete, exit bootmii to HBCBackup your Bootmii files to your PCsd:\bootmiisd:\nand.binsd:\key.bin*DO NOT LOSE THESE FILES*If you want to load bootmii again at a later date, copy the bootmii folder back to sd:\Step 3- Do Chapter 2 from the Any Wii softmod guide, linked belowStep 4- Load Any Title Deleter DB, delete the channel that is bricking your wii, found in "Installed Channels" Try not to delete HBC, MAUI, usbloader channel, backup channel unless you don't want them.When you load hackmii from the recovery menu, you don't have a trucha ios and you probably don't have a savegame exploit installed. Try the netflix disc or Disc Swap PWNS
    Attempted the Netflix method with a WiiKey Fusion, and the Netflix Disc still will not boot. Actually, I can't get it to eject the disc, either. So, not sure what I'm going to do with this thing... I have a fully functioning launch wii that I might put the modchip in, if for nothing else, at least to just hack around on it.

WiiKey Fusion appears to be DOA

Just got a WiiKey Fusion today and was able to install it in my Wii. I put a disc in and it was loaded, but then nothing happened (I have a possible bannerbrick).I figured the disc I wrote was bad, so I pushed the eject button and the drive wouldn't let the disc out.I took the Wii back apart, removed the WiiKey and was able to eject and insert discs without issue.If I re-attach the WiiKey, the drive doesn't sense a disc being inserted and won't eject it if I leave one in.I've been playing around with it some, and I think the issue is related to either the JTAG between the WiiKey and the drive, or the WiiKey itself is having issues. Is it possible I got a dud? Is there a secret trick I can try to get it running?I'd like to try and get this Wii running again, but need a modchip to get it to boot.Thanks.---- EDIT ------I just got it to eject a disc, so there may have been something else preventing the eject. I'm still unable to get it to boot a disc from the recovery menu (SaveMiiFrii), but at least I'm a step closer than I was before.
    Last edited by Villain Vivi; 09-28-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast