Thread: Emulator rom path trouble.

Unhappy Emulator rom path trouble.

I am having trouble finding my roms through usb on several different emulators. I keep getting a system volume information folder every time. So I know it is recognizing the usb drive. It work fine before but my drive messed up when I tried to use it in my xbox360. I had to set everything backup and I have my roms and emulators in fat32 partition set to active. I tried to delete the svi folder but it shows different folders on my desktop than in the wii. Any help would be great.

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Is the drive set to active and primary?

Yeah. It doesn't matter what emulator I go into. When I go to find the roms all I get is the system volume information folder. I done some research and it has to do something with restore point. When I go into windows xp I can delete the svi folder in the fat32 partition but on the wii it say that there is a RP15 and RP17 folder inside of the svi folder. When I go to windows though it says that the RP15 and RP17 are not on there before I deleted it.

edit

Well I give up. I have searched the net for a solution and found nothing. I guess when I connected my xbox360 to the hard drive it messed something up because the 360 also uses a fat32 partition. Are there anyway to run roms of a different partition like NTFS or something else?
    Last edited by kenberryfan83; 05-26-2011 at 02:41 PM.

I figured it out. My hard drive had a partition that was hidden. I'm guessing it was made from my xbox 360. It also uses a fat32 partition like I said in the above post. I kept removing all partitions but that one was still there. Every time I would go to find my roms it would either show a system volume information folder or a bunch of folders with screwed up text. I found a program from western digital's site that let me wipe out the whole drive by adding zeros to the drive. It took over 6hrs. but when it was done I set everything up and now it's working fine.

I have a western digital my book 500gb. I am sure there are other programs similar to the one I used for different brands of hard drives.
    Sorry for the double post but I thought this may help someone else out.