Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fully bricked wii

fully bricked wii

my wii is fully bricked an when i turn it on nothing comes up if anyone can tell me something i can do to unbrick it please tell me.i would be forever grateful.(i didnt install priiloader so please dont mention that)

I would be curious to know how you or what happened before this wii got bricked? Did you attempt to softmod your wii? Was it just running normal and all of a sudden it stopped working? Do you have some more info we can go off of? .... In answer to one question I can see you might have tried to softmod the wii but I am not sure. Thanks!

As stated above, give us some info on what you were doing to the Wii. God I hope you weren't playing with themes. More info!

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    right no priiloader. Bootmii as boot2? On turn on the wii drive will flash quickly twice.

Quote Originally Posted by computer_man20037 View Post
    I would be curious to know how you or what happened before this wii got bricked? Did you attempt to softmod your wii? Was it just running normal and all of a sudden it stopped working? Do you have some more info we can go off of? .... In answer to one question I can see you might have tried to softmod the wii but I am not sure. Thanks!
    well i installed a bad wad file trying to downgrade 4.3 to 4.1 one more thing, in this guide: [External guide removed] it states that if your dvdr matches 4.37 gb i can burn universal unbrick disk to a dvdr and run it through rescue menu.does it have to match exactly or just be the same size or greater? thanks!
    Last edited by Darkcide666; 05-12-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Removed external guide

pokedude_128,

It looks like that guide will work for what you need it for.. but I was wondering too do you have a nand backup from bootmii you could restore to the wii instead as stated by narse1979? That sounds like it might be easier to do then this universal un-brick disc although I can' honestly say it might not work either I am sure someone on this forum can point you in a better direction as I haven't bricked my wii yet. Hope that works let me know if it does so I can keep that in mind for future references

but you never answered my question,can the dvdr be more than 4.37gb and still work?and im pretty sure i have no nand backup my wii only flashes once on boot.

If its a standard DVD-R or DVD+R its size is 4.37 gb... unless you are using a DVD-R DL then that is 8.5 gb. I didn't see where to get the image for the DVD (not needing it now) but from what he was saying it is a standard DVD size and you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by computer_man20037 View Post
    If its a standard DVD-R or DVD+R its size is 4.37 gb... unless you are using a DVD-R DL then that is 8.5 gb. I didn't see where to get the image for the DVD (not needing it now) but from what he was saying it is a standard DVD size and you should be fine.
    what if its 4.7? will it still work?

No you are going to need to burn it onto a DVD-R DL disc cause its not going to be able to fit on a standard DVD cause its going to be to big.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast