Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide]Wii Game Manager

[Guide]Wii Game Manager

Working With Wii Game Manager

What this program will do for you!

The primary function of this program is conversion to/from .iso and .wbfs files

Sub functions include:
    Adding and removing files to/from WBFS formatted partitions
    Game cover management (Display and download)
    List export and print functions
    Partition formatting to WBFS
    As of version 1.4 it has support for multiple languages
    Has support for most all of the functions of wbfs_file.exe (new functions are added all the time)
    Has preliminary support for wiitdb xml information (synopsis, players, genre etc etc)

What this program will not do for you.

It does not include support for formats not supported by wbfs_file.exe (ISO, WBFS, and WBFS partitions)
    It does not download games nor will it tell you where to get them, don't ask or I will make you walk the PLANK.

Download: Wii Game Manager

• Once you have downloaded Wii Game Manager; extract it to the desired location.

• Run the .exe! file. It will create the folders that are needed; then start up.

• If you want to create a shortcut you can. Just drag the shortcut to the desktop.

[SPOILER="Converting an ISO to WBFS format"]

• Open up Wii Game Manager as administrator

• Click Open in the top left corner.
    • Open .iso files (List A) find your ISO (make sure it's in a folder)
    • Click on the .ISO file, then press O.K. The game should show up on the screen.
    • Right click on the game title and there will be an option to create .wbfs files or .wbfs files with subdirectory (recommended with FAT32 or NTFS formats)
    • If you're on FAT32 and your game is over 4gb, you will need to split the game file. Pick where you want the game to be created ie. c:/ windows/desktop. Now your ISO is being converted to the .wbfs format (look at the bottom of Wii Game Manager window to see how long it's taking). Once the conversion has finished, you are done.

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER="Converting WBFS to ISO format"]

• Open up Wii Game Manager as administrator

• Click Open in the top left corner.
    • Open .wbfs files (List A) find your WBFS (make sure it's in a folder) click on the .wbfs file, then press O.K. The game should show up on the screen.
    • Right click on the game title and there will be an option to create .ISO files or .ISO files with subdirectory

Pick where you want the game to be created ie. c:/ windows/desktop. Now your WBFS is being converted to the .ISO format (look at the bottom of Wii Game Manager window to see how long it's taking). Once the conversion has finished, you are done.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Creating multiple WBFS files at the same time"]

• Make sure all ISO files are in the same folder.
    • Start wii game manager as adminastrator
    • Open ISO files (listA) (all the games in that folder will be listed in wii game manager)
    • Highlight all the games that you want to convert.
    • Right click on them and select create .WBFS files with subdirectory (recommended with fat32 ntfs format)
    • Click on gameid_game title.wbfs and select where you want them to be created and wait for all the WBFS files to be created and then you are done.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Creating multiple ISO files at the same time"]

• Make sure all WBFS files are in the same folder.
    • Start Wii Game Manager as administrator.

• Open WBFS files (listA) all the games in that folder will be listed in wii game manager.
    • Highlight all the games that you want to convert.
    • Right click on them and select create .ISO with or without subdirectory.
    • Click on gameid_game title.iso and select where you want them to be created and wait for all the ISO files to be created and then you are done.

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER="Downloading Covers"]

• Click on covers at the top of Wii Game Manager.
    • Scroll down to download all missing covers and wait for download to finish.
    • The downloaded covers will be in a folder named "images" located in your Wii Game Manager directory.

[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER="Themes"]Here is a list of themes you can have for Wii Game Manager
    Bowser
    Donkey kong
    Link
    Luigi
    Mario
    Princess Peach
    Yoshi
    Zelda

Here is how you add them.....

• Download the themes you want.
    • Extract them to the themes folder in the Wii Game Manager directory.
    • To change the themes you need to start Wii Game Manager, then go to Options on the top of Wii Game Manager window. Select Set Themes and there will be a list of your available themes.
    • Click on the one you want and you're done.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Changes to 1.5.0.2"]Fixed english.ini was extracted everytime a language was selected
    Fixed tabs were not wide enough to handle translated text
    Fixed List B was not properly translated
    m scratchFixed english.ini mis-spelling of the word relevant
    Fixed the list selects an item but does not scroll to it when pressing a letter on the keyboard
    Removed the trailing underscore from .iso files and created directories
    Fixed bug that would cause the program to lock up sometimes if the WBFS partition was empty
    Added drive info panel to the display to show total size, used space and free space [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Thanks"]big thanks to pccfatman
    and oggzee [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by peire; 07-10-2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: added more information
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature

added new spoilers with more information
    Last edited by peire; 05-02-2011 at 04:22 AM.

I extracted the rar file to my wii folder (C:\Documents and Settings\*\My Documents\wii) as well as to the desktop and have tryed to run the .exe and i get this error: "The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." i am attempting to run it on Windows xp (sp3) can someone please help me?

Quote Originally Posted by infectedpsyche View Post
    I extracted the rar file to my wii folder (C:\Documents and Settings\*\My Documents\wii) as well as to the desktop and have tryed to run the .exe and i get this error: "The application failed to initalize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application." i am attempting to run it on Windows xp (sp3) can someone please help me?
    Either you haven't installed the required .NET framework.. or you are not running the program as administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Either you haven't installed the required .NET framework.. or you are not running the program as administrator.
    i am the only user on this pc and under the user accounts it lists me as administrator, when i pick run as administrator it says the password is incorrect (same one i use for my account on the pc) what is .NET framework and what would i have to do to fix it?
    ?

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Try installing net framework 3 Download Confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Try installing net framework 3 Download Confirmation
    OK, so i installed .NET FW 3.0 and it works! now Microsoft update is recommending i go to 3.5, is this a good idea? (will i still be able to run wii game manager?)

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    You can if you want to..... 3.0 will run behind it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by narse1979
    You can if you want to..... 3.0 will run behind it anyway.
    Thank you!

fixed images in first post

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast