Thread: WiiConnect24 and Standby Mode

Lightbulb WiiConnect24 and Standby Mode

Good day, all.

I recently wanted to watch some content on the Nintendo Channel, and it stated that wiiconnect24 needed to be enabled to function.

A quick search of this forum showed me that I am able to turn it on without it auto-updating (I have priiloader installed to recommended settings), however there was some concern about standby overheating the machine, and to disable that.

Could I have some recommendations?

1) How do I disable standby mode once I've enabled WiiConnect24?
    2) Should I just enable wiiconnect24 to do the things I want, and then disable it after session(s)?
    3) Is there any other reason other than Weather, News, Vids that I need WiiConnect24? i.e. MarioKart tourneys etc.
    4) Does WiiConnect24 share info with Nintendo about my soft-mod?

Thanks in advance, all!

Quote Originally Posted by Astroboy291 View Post
    Good day, all.

I recently wanted to watch some content on the Nintendo Channel, and it stated that wiiconnect24 needed to be enabled to function.

A quick search of this forum showed me that I am able to turn it on without it auto-updating (I have priiloader installed to recommended settings), however there was some concern about standby overheating the machine, and to disable that.

Could I have some recommendations?

1) How do I disable standby mode once I've enabled WiiConnect24?
    2) Should I just enable wiiconnect24 to do the things I want, and then disable it after session(s)?
    3) Is there any other reason other than Weather, News, Vids that I need WiiConnect24? i.e. MarioKart tourneys etc.
    4) Does WiiConnect24 share info with Nintendo about my soft-mod?

Thanks in advance, all!
    1. Once into Wii connect 24 their should be options you can mess with.
    2. I do this instead of keeping it on, just the safe route,
    3. Not that I know of no
    4. No, even if they could N couldn't do anything.
    "The worst thing you can do is not to get old, but to close your mind to others that you think lack the experiences you have had. " Oddgriffin
    "I don't mind having problems. I'm sure anyone who has spent time on here reading my rants will tend to agree." Darkcide666
    <-- If I helped click "Thanks"