Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Copying Fakesigned Channels Using Wii GUI

  1. #1
    Reading Room Dec 21-28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26

    Copying Fakesigned Channels Using Wii GUI

    This method works for copying the channel to an SD card, but the receiving user can't copy the channel to his Wii. Does this have to do with the fakesigning? Is it possible to create the HBC so that it will copy over using the GUI? Achieving this would be extremely helpful for people who either don't have LoZ: TP or have succombed to the 3.4 update.

    Edit: Is there a security flag in content.bin that can be changed? If so, which byte do I need to change?
    Last edited by Crashdance22; 12-21-2008 at 03:37 PM.

  2. #2
    this idea is dumb in so many ways xD
    1 those channels are designed not to work on another wii once its installed
    2 to install them you would need a homebrew channel
    3 the only way to get HBC without LoZ is 3.2 and a modchip
    4 3.4 can get homebrew, and can downgrade

    so really it helps Lazy people, and people whom cant help themself, just the people im for helping -,_-,

  3. #3
    Reading Room Dec 21-28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    this idea is dumb in so many ways xD
    1 those channels are designed not to work on another wii once its installed
    2 to install them you would need a homebrew channel
    3 the only way to get HBC without LoZ is 3.2 and a modchip
    4 3.4 can get homebrew, and can downgrade

    so really it helps Lazy people, and people whom cant help themself, just the people im for helping -,_-,

    Excuse me? First of all I actually take this seriously and think it is very possible if the channel can be copied. Please respect that. And use good grammar.

  4. #4
    A, english isnt my First Lang, RESPECT THAT -.-
    B its not possible, for 1 simple reason
    Homebrew channel, has existed since July...
    Wad manager, and wads have existed since a week after
    IN ALL THAT TIME no one has done this, for that reason i think its not possable
    C no one cares, if someone doesnt have LoZ, its in NO WAY hard to obtain, and the homebrew channel, is in no way hard to do, look at the community, thats proof of that
    D 3.4 can easily be downgraded, theres 3 guides on here alone, with over 150 thank yous between them

    E if its even doable, it wont exist long, nintendo will 100% patch it =P and then that will be that, its not a very viable solution

    and as i said
    this only helps the lazy, and people whom cant help themself

  5. #5
    Reading Room Dec 21-28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    A, english isnt my First Lang, RESPECT THAT -.-
    B its not possible, for 1 simple reason
    Homebrew channel, has existed since July...
    Wad manager, and wads have existed since a week after
    IN ALL THAT TIME no one has done this, for that reason i think its not possable
    C no one cares, if someone doesnt have LoZ, its in NO WAY hard to obtain, and the homebrew channel, is in no way hard to do, look at the community, thats proof of that
    D 3.4 can easily be downgraded, theres 3 guides on here alone, with over 150 thank yous between them

    E if its even doable, it wont exist long, nintendo will 100% patch it =P and then that will be that, its not a very viable solution

    and as i said
    this only helps the lazy, and people whom cant help themself
    Sorry, it wasn't apparent English wasn't your first language. The way you responded made me think otherwise.

    Just because no one has tried this and you think it's not possible doesn't mean it's not. And if you think no one cares, I actually have a friend on MSN who's reading these messages just as we are, and I'm trying to help him get homebrew started.

    I'm aware that 3.4 can be downgraded, but that doesn't fix the auto-patch update. Nintendo can patch anything they want, nothing we can do lasts forever unless we keep hacking with them. Just because I wanted to try something like this doesn't mean I'm looking for any long-term solution to the problem.

    Also stop calling people lazy and such. There are people out there who may not want to buy a game they won't even play, don't want to spend the money, etc. This will offend a lot of people.

  6. #6
    Hm so your calling me lazy, Well, i think if theirs a way without me having to get LoZ, then hell why not take it, 2ndly if worse came to worse and i found out i really need to get the game and its impossible to do that, then ill get the game. and BTW i take that as an insult

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdance22 View Post
    Sorry, it wasn't apparent English wasn't your first language. The way you responded made me think otherwise.

    Just because no one has tried this and you think it's not possible doesn't mean it's not. And if you think no one cares, I actually have a friend on MSN who's reading these messages just as we are, and I'm trying to help him get homebrew started.

    I'm aware that 3.4 can be downgraded, but that doesn't fix the auto-patch update. Nintendo can patch anything they want, nothing we can do lasts forever unless we keep hacking with them. Just because I wanted to try something like this doesn't mean I'm looking for any long-term solution to the problem.

    Also stop calling people lazy and such. There are people out there who may not want to buy a game they won't even play, don't want to spend the money, etc. This will offend a lot of people.
    because theres only 1 way to get a game...

    Backup
    friends
    buy used, and return
    borrow
    rent gamefly gives you the first one free if i recall
    etc, its in no way hard to obtain

    the main thing with this is simply, who does this help but people whom cant help themself, IE the people whom are lazy, or believe this is wrong

    its not doable, just like game saves cant be installed without homebrew, if you had a actual reason for this, then that would be 1 thing

    but i do stand by, the Lazy people coment, and people can report me, or hate me all they want i dont really care

  8. #8
    And their is 1 problem with your downgrading solution, The patch that nintendo put on your wii is their and their 4 life, the damage has been done, so even if u do downgrade, its not gonna help

  9. #9
    Admin / Super Mod ModderMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    GVR
    Posts
    8,841
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Dark IlLusion~ View Post
    Hm so your calling me lazy, Well, i think if theirs a way without me having to get LoZ, then hell why not take it, 2ndly if worse came to worse and i found out i really need to get the game and its impossible to do that, then ill get the game. and BTW i take that as an insult
    seasons greetings
    no one I think was directing any comments towards you.....
    so don't take it personally....

    Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Dark IlLusion~ View Post
    And their is 1 problem with your downgrading solution, The patch that nintendo put on your wii is their and their 4 life, the damage has been done, so even if u do downgrade, its not gonna help
    and heres a problem with your coment
    even if you found a way to do that, if nintendo could delete Homebrew channel, then they would find a way to remove these channels as well

    above all, just because its in their TOS, doesnt mean it will happen, doesnt mean that anything will prevent anyone from having homebrew, doesnt mean a lot of things

    dont throw down IF's because theirs no logic in it, nothing has happened of it, so you cant make clames, other than they can, but look at the past updates.... im sure nothing OMG Dead will happen, and their are "other games" that have exploits in them DONT ASK FOR THEM NO LIST OR FILES WERE GIVEN, so if thats true, it wont be anything big, so yeah....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •