Thread: Cleaning SD Card/Healthy Wii/Netflix Q's

Cleaning SD Card/Healthy Wii/Netflix Q's

I hacked my Wii and I don't really know much about the files on my SD card. I wanted to ask for advice on what are the "necessary" files to leave on it so that my hacked wii continues to function. Basically, I only use Homebrew Channel to play NES & SNES roms. All the other programs that came with the hack I do not use or I don't know what they do/what they're for. What can/should I delete off my SD card? Is there a definitive guide that shows a clean & organized file structure for a freshly-hacked wii? I'm at 4.1U.

Also, I tried following a guide so that I could update and be able to use the Shop Channel (so I could download the Netflix channel because the disk doesn't work anymore). I installed a few ISOs and followed a few guides, but it didn't work. Should I be worried about my firmware/ISO structure? Is there a way I can check the integrity of my ISOs to be sure I have only the ones needed for it to function and not any "strays"? As you can probably already tell, I'm bit of a Type-A perfectionist personality and I want only the apps/programs/files that I need w/o extra unnecessary junk.

My main concern is:

1) Essential files, folders, & apps on the SD card for a freshly hacked 4.1U
    2) Getting the Netflix Channel (I can't find the guide)
    3) Making sure my Wii is healthy & strong in terms of it's ISOs & whatever else

Also, can you play regular DVDs on a Wii and, 'should' you not play them (for any reason)?

I was going to unhack my Wii because I mainly use it for Netflix and they got rid of the Disk

Help, advice, direction, links, support appreciated!

(This is my first post here, forgive the N00biness)

Follow the guides you need here, and Introduce Yourself first.
    And there is no need to unhack. It's better off as-is.