Thread: Loading Homebew = Black Screen Help

Loading Homebew = Black Screen Help

I was following a tutoriel on another site on downgradeing my wii from 4.2, [Removed - Do not link external guides]

In this tutoriel, it said to unistalled IOS 249, which I did, but now I cant load any homebrew from the homebrew channel as the wii remote turns off, then I get a black screen and have to pull power lead from back of wii to be able to power it back on again.

Can someone please tell me how I can get the ability to load homebrew again and I good guide to downgradeing my wii to 4.1. As a side note my wiis region is pal.

Quote Originally Posted by chaossaturn View Post
    I was following a tutoriel on another site on downgradeing my wii from 4.2, Fail removed.

In this tutoriel, it said to unistalled IOS 249, which I did, but now I cant load any homebrew from the homebrew channel as the wii remote turns off, then I get a black screen and have to pull power lead from back of wii to be able to power it back on again.

Can someone please tell me how I can get the ability to load homebrew again and I good guide to downgradeing my wii to 4.1. As a side note my wiis region is pal.
    First post an intro in the Introduce Yourself section. After that I suggest you follow Softmod ANY Wii. There is a link in my sig.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by chaossaturn
    I was following a tutoriel on another site on downgradeing my wii from 4.2, [Removed - Do not link external guides]

Follow the entire softmod guide here to resoftmod. Also, If you had a NAND backup before (from Boot2) restoring might fix your issue.

EDIT: Ninja'd, follow post above.

Quote Originally Posted by Binary Wave View Post
    Follow the entire softmod guide here to resoftmod. Also, If you had a NAND backup before (from Boot2) restoring might fix your issue.

EDIT: Ninja'd, follow post above.
    Thanks guys for the posts so far, After I have resoftmoded can you recommend any good downgradeing guides? Also I did have a NAND backup but I tought, I have not used it yet so I wont need it so I deleted it stupidly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by chaossaturn View Post
    Thanks guys for the posts so far, After I have resoftmoded can you recommend any good downgradeing guides? Also I did have a NAND backup but I tought, I have not used it yet so I wont need it so I deleted it stupidly enough.
    Downgrading to 4.1 (the last update to offer bugfixes/features) is part of the guide.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.