Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Screen Wii-remote won't turn console on.

Black Screen Wii-remote won't turn console on.

Okay, so I've done some reading and I found that if the Wii-remote doesn't turn the console on it's probably just the Bluetooth module that's faulty. I press a button on the wii remote and the lights flash for a bit, but it doesn't turn on. I can access Prii-loader, but I can't do anything. I've tried several methods on the forums but none work. I didn't upgrade/downgrade anything, it just randomly stopped working and gave me a black screen.

DA KINE WiiHacker
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprotret View Post
    Okay, so I've done some reading and I found that if the Wii-remote doesn't turn the console on it's probably just the Bluetooth module that's faulty. I press a button on the wii remote and the lights flash for a bit, but it doesn't turn on. I can access Prii-loader, but I can't do anything. I've tried several methods on the forums but none work. I didn't upgrade/downgrade anything, it just randomly stopped working and gave me a black screen.
    I would agree with your assesment, if the wiimote will not power on the wii and priiloader is loading, I think you need a new BT module. It is a cheap fix, about $10 and you'll need a triwing driver, about $4. You'll also need a small phillips driver. It is a simple repair.
    I advise you keep track and label your screws. The wii has many different sizes and if they mix up they don't go back in well.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Alright, thank you. I'm surprised at the rather quick response. While posting, I was on ebay about to buy a replacement module. I was afraid that I was doing the wrong thing, thanks for the support. Time to order it.

So can the bluetooth module just stop working out of nowhere?

Some more info. The Wii just loads up on a black screen. I can use the HBC via Priiloader, but when I go to the system menu it just gives me a black screen. (Wii remote won't connect on HBC either. Wii remote won't power the console.)

I can insert and eject Wii discs. They don't spin, they just go in. The screen is still just black.

DA KINE WiiHacker
    The BT module can just die, go ahead an order it. If you have a gc controller you can load a game loader, the games will not work with a bad BT module.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.

Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

Loaded up Prii-loader with a Gamecube game inside and the disc is spinning. So I'm safe to assume that it's 100% the BT module?

Quote Originally Posted by Sprotret
    Loaded up Prii-loader with a Gamecube game inside and the disc is spinning. So I'm safe to assume that it's 100% the BT module?
    Yes. The Bluetooth Module is your problem.

Hopefully someone can help me. I have been experiencing the same situation. When I power on my wii the tv screen flashes like its trying to do something, but just goes to a black screen. Wiimotes will not connect, just four flashing lights. Through reading I found that it could possibly be the BT Module so I installed one from a parts wii. This did not fix the problem. Please if someone can help me I really need it.

Quote Originally Posted by nif0073
    Hopefully someone can help me. I have been experiencing the same situation. When I power on my wii the tv screen flashes like its trying to do something, but just goes to a black screen. Wiimotes will not connect, just four flashing lights. Through reading I found that it could possibly be the BT Module so I installed one from a parts wii. This did not fix the problem. Please if someone can help me I really need it.
    *cough*

You revived a thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast