Thread: wiikey 2 issues

wiikey 2 issues

Ok...this mod has been a very long road for me so any help is appreciated.

Installed my wiikey2 and wiiclip v14 with 5 connections on my older DMS chipset. Status lights are fine and it updated fine. Went through configuration fine!

I tried to play a backup game and a dvd movie...NEITHER worked! I tried to get homebrew installed and I had to go through the long process of installing the twilight hack, downgrading firmware from 3.4-3.2. All of that is done and I am now on 3.2 iwth homebrew working.

DVD movies, same region or not, are still not playing. I thought having a mod chip, I would not need any additional homebrew apps to play dvds. Please help! What did I do wrong?! Do I have a bad chip?

Thanks.

movies dont work outside of a homebrew app

search Wiibrew, for Media apps, and pick the app you like best

as far as the game not working goes ... there's lots of burning variables.

What brand of disc?
    What type of disc? (-R, +R)
    What speed?
    Which game?

Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

^ i think he fixed it, since the post only concerns dvd's

so i think downgrading or something down the road fixed it, but he couldnt load dvd's so he wants to know why, thus posted

Thanks Admiral...now I'm really starting to wonder if I even NEEDED my mod chip!! argh...

Quote Originally Posted by erok View Post
    Thanks Admiral...now I'm really starting to wonder if I even NEEDED my mod chip!! argh...
    long story short, since the backup loader is really new, still very buggy, and quite poor

if u played 2 games you would have bought, youre ahead of the game

Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    if u played 2 games you would have bought, youre ahead of the game
    DAN+MN STRAIGHT on that one!!!!