Thread: DX user having hard time updating to 3.0

Thanks

DX user having hard time updating to 3.0

hi, i've been using the DX for a while now but i'm really having a hard time now. it started when i wanted to get the Netflix channel. it told me i had to update my Wii but i didn't want to do that without updating my DX first. i downloaded 3.0 and burned it @ 5x on a HP disk. that one didn't work so i did it again at 4x on a verbatim, same thing, i get a black screen telling me to eject the disk and turn the console off.

i've never updated before because i had the same problem with i tried to update to 1.2, so i just left it as is. what am i doing wrong?
    also, when i do get it updated, do i just update my wii through the menu? i've read that the new update will kill the region free option but that is fine, i only play NTSC games anyway.
    TIA for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    You will need to update you shop channel to download from it, so you either need to update your system menu or update it thru softmods. If I were you I would softmod and update the shop channel, just to keep from updating the system menu.

Thanks
    thanks for the quick reply. what would be the down side of updating the system menu? another reason i waned to preform the update is so that i can play the newer games, not just for netflix.

thanks again for your help.

Thanks
    Also, isn't v3.0 required for the BCAfix to work?

Thanks
    Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks
    I talked to wasabi support and they told me I could update with no problems but i still need help figuring out why I can't update the wasabi firmware to 3.0. Thanks