Thread: accidently downgraded system menu

Thanks

accidently downgraded system menu

ok, Think i might have had a real dumb-a** attack. after 14 hours of work and 20 some hours of no sleep, came home set down .......... started reading. came accross some threads about people using pimp my wii and every one basicaly telling them that was a bad thing, and suggesting they use the mod any wii guid (posted here ....... http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html ) and re-do the mod. atleast thats the way i understood it ........ well i had used pimp myself to do the original mod. basicaly cause i hadn't hear of this site site at the time. so i decided to follow that guide and re-do mine. had been having random crashes when exiting a game from any usb loader locking up and having to hard reset to get going again. nothing major, just annoying. wanted to see if this would fix it... well, it seems in the process of following that guide, i managed to downgrade from system menu 4.3u to 4.1u. first off i was under the impression that 4.3 could not be downgraded ... guess i was wrong second, priiloader doesnt seem to work right gives me an error saying no hacks for my menu version. guessing i need a diffrent .ini file for it now ......... im not really comfertable with 4.1. can still access bootmii and everything when i put the orginal sd card back in (i used a diffrent one to do this guide with) so my question is should i just do a nand restore from my backup on there some way to leave this mod and upgrade system menu back to 4.3 without screwing things up?

update ...... got priiloader working
    Last edited by deucide; 02-10-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks
    There is absolutely no good reason to go back to 4.3. NONE! Post a system check to see what you have.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tem-check.html

Then we need to know what games are crashing and what loader you are using. Also, are you using a FAT32 drive to load games?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkazador View Post
    There is absolutely no good reason to go back to 4.3. NONE! Post a system check to see what you have.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tem-check.html

Then we need to know what games are crashing and what loader you are using. Also, are you using a FAT32 drive to load games?
    not to threadjack, but what are the benefits of running fat32 vs wbfs? since i use wbfs manager to load iso's onto hard drives, it auto formats to wbfs.
    Black 1994 volvo 850 non-turbo, bilstien front/rear struts, IDP lowering springs - my daily
    ==========
    4.1u softmodded, 320gb WD external drive, running smoothly thanks to mauifrog
    ==========
    AMD phenom II x4 processor, black edition, 32gb ddr3 pc10666, 128gig SSD + 2tb WD internal hard drive, nvidia gforce GTX 560Ti, 2gb sc edition, 24" AOC LED + LG 24" LED
    ==========
    <<--------------------------------------- IF you found my post helpful, click the thank button over here!

Thanks
    wbfs = wii games only
    fat32 = games, apps, media, and whatever else you want can be stored on a fat32 drive. Only con is the 4gb limit but games can be split with no difference in performance.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by black94850 View Post
    not to threadjack, but what are the benefits of running fat32 vs wbfs? since i use wbfs manager to load iso's onto hard drives, it auto formats to wbfs.
    What's this got to do with o/p's problem. If you need to ask someone a question that has no relevance to the question asked by the thread starter may I suggest you use pm.
    If you look at the fat32 guide, you will see a disadvantages and advantage spoiler.....