Nancy the Moderator
VWA, Game Master, News Hound
Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
Project M Demo 1 Released- Modification of SSBB
Project M is a community-made mod of Brawl inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's gameplay designed to add rich, technical gameplay to a balanced cast of characters while additionally enhancing the speed of play. Project M employs new codes which seamlessly add in new, universal features to the entire cast to add technical variety to all characters.
Project M is playable on ANY Wii, without any hardware modification, and even without any longterm software modification. All that is needed to get started is an SD card and a copy of Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:
1. A fast-paced game
2. with flowing, organic movement
3. where the player has a great degree of control over his character due to the technical skill that he's achieved.
4. The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.
5. Offstage edgeguarding is risky but rewarding, while on-stage edgeguarding is safer but less rewarding due to ledge techs.
6. Recoveries generally require great skill to use, with the advantage usually being with the edgeguarding player, with some exceptions.
7. The combos are challenging and spontaneous, with anything longer than 2-3 hits requiring a knowledge of both characters' options and some degree of prediction and/or a deep understanding of the mental aspect of the game.[/SPOILER]
The Project M Demo is available through a simple easy-to-use installer. If you are an advanced user, or if you have a Mac or other system where the installer cannot run, get the zip file.
Note: The Project M team does not support piracy, and the officially supported methods all require a legit copy of the game. Additionally, the Project M team does not support any modification to the wii system, and encourages users to use the "Hackless" method of loading.
Downloads for NTSC
Demo Zip File
1. Delete any custom Brawl stage files on your Wii and SD Card!
2. Install the files to the root of your SD Card.
3. Boot up Brawl and go to the Stage Builder.
4. Gecko OS will launch; select Launch Game.
5. You will see a straploader saying PROJECT M Demo. Additionally, if your menu image looks like the image below, then go ahead and play and enjoy Project M!
Source- Project M » News
Pal project m!!!!
I am really, really, REALLY keen to get this demo working.
I am using PAL SSBB and smashstack only works for ntsc.
1 User Says Thank You gargintua For This Useful Post
Have you tried it? It says nothing about smashstack. Smashstack is an exploit used in softmodding. This article says you only need an sd card. I don't even see where it says ntsc or pal, so it might work for all versions, just try it.
Edit - just saw the ntsc download, oops. Is your wii pal or just your game disk? It might work by changing the video format to ntsc in your loader settings.
Last edited by stmcmurray76; 03-07-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Or if you can get into priiloader you can change the settings under systemhacks to region free everything if your already modded. Hope this helped
ive got a PAL wii and PAL disc. Im livin in australia and i feel like im missing out big time!
Yeh ive spent all last night trying to get this to work before i found out that it was ntsc only, but ill try you tip after school, thanks mate!
nope.... guess i can only wait for proper PAL support.
looks like the answer is to use riivolution!
already got some textures partly working
Using this guide Michi´s Riivolution Guide for PAL - Smash World Forums
hopefully test 2 is fully succesful
uhm, i sold the original game disc away cuz i thought it was useless,
and now i can't try out project m
what do i do?