Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] Swiss - GC backups from SD/SDHC via Gecko or IDE HDD via IDE-EXI adapter

Retired WiiHacks Staff

[Tutorial] Swiss - GC backups from SD/SDHC via Gecko or IDE HDD via IDE-EXI adapter

This guide will teach you how to set up and install Swiss on your Wii. Swiss aims to the the only app you need on the Gamecube when it comes to launching and ripping all things GC related. It's kind of the GC equivalent of a Wii USB loader program. What's this mean to us Wii owners? By patching your MIOS and booting the Wii in GC mode we can run Swiss on the Wii and load games via an SD/SDHC card if you own an SD Gecko or IDE HDD if you own an IDE-EXI adapter. It is still in it's beta stages so it is very much a work in progress. Progress is fast so expect a lot of updates. When I first used Swiss it was at rev 1, when I started the tutorial it was at rev 7, and now as I complete the guide it's at rev 17. I'll probably have to daily update this guide for a while. Don't expect to run Swiss at this point with 100% compatibility and without it's fair share of bugs. If you want 100% compatibility with no problems play retail discs through the disc channel. If you want to get in on the ability to launch GC backups from an SD/SDHC card or IDE HDD then this is for you. I've personally had a lot of fail thus far but I have hope. I'm kind of ignoring the disc loading part because we can use NeoGamma for that and Stomp's excellent GC backup disc guide. Thanks to emu_kidid for Swiss and Swiss Pre-patcher, WiiPower for Wii Swiss Booter, WiiGator for the MIOS patcher, WB3000 for NUSD, and Cile, Stomp_442, and richarsito for letting me know it existed and providing initial links. Stomp_442 gets a second thanks for the GC backup disc guide.

As a note seeing as how it is currently beta you are a tester just like myself so I won't be able to provide much game support like I can with emulators. I don't know how much time I'll get to play around and test and like I said progress is fast. I swear I will keep on top of this guide and support it to the best of my ability. I should also give a dial up warning for those trapped in 1990. There are a lot of pics and videos. Oh yeah...The videos are semi private so they are not your normal Failtube videos. They can't be found through a search on their site, only my links. I stand by them even though we normally do not support Failtube videos.

Like my other guides I've linked all appropriate software and the respective creators pages when possible. I also took the liberty of creating a download pack containing all of the necessary programs. I take no responsibly for or in creation of said software. All respect and credit due to the program's devs. Also I did not include MIOS v4 or v10 because I am kind of sketched out about including official Nintendo material. You can download either of them yourself via NUSD which I will cover.

Download pack with all necessary files

Things you will need for the whole guide:
    A softmodded Wii with cMIOS installed (I'll cover cMIOS installation below)
    A Wii remote
    A SD Gecko with it's own FAT16/32 SD/SDHC or IDE-EXI adapter with a FAT32 formatted IDE HDD and power supply to store GC backups (I only have a Gecko at this point)
    A FAT16/32 formatted SD/SDHC or USB device to launch Wii Swiss Booter via the HBC and for installing you cMIOS (You can only use SDHC on menu 4.0 or above)
    A GC controller
    An original retail GC game (Backups won't work even if your drive can read them)
    A PC running Windows or Linux with a virtual machine running Windows. Not to say it can't be done on Mac but I don't know how. I'm assuming there is a VM for Mac capable of running Windows. Maybe Narse or someone can help me out with Mac.

Optional (But recommended):
    A wifi connection to your Wii or an ethernet adapter for your Wii

1) First you'll need to patch your MIOS if you don't already have cMIOS installed. If you have previously followed Stomp's GC backup guide or have cMIOS via some other means skip to step 2. If you are using the older v4 base cMIOS I recommend to update to the v10 base cMIOS.

(Note - I don't know if it will effect anything because I've never tried but for safeties sake I recommend not having anything GC related plugged in right now. So unplug anything you may have plugged into the GC ports like memory cards while patching your MIOS.)

(Also note the cMIOS with MIOS v10 base is recommended by WiiPower but the cMIOS with v4 as a base works. I started with the v4 base at the beginning of the guide and have since updated to v10 base.)

[SPOILER="Install cMIOS (MIOS v4 base)"]Things you will need:
    A FAT16/32 formatted SD/SDHC or USB device (You can only use SDHC on menu 4.0 or above)

Optional:
    An internet connection to your Wii (Personally recommended)

Programs required:
    cMIOS installer (By WiiGator)
    Download

NUSD (By WB3000) (For if your Wii doesn't have an internet connection) (This is a Windows program but it can be run via Wine if you are a Linux user like myself. If you're a Mac user I don't know yet.)
    Download v15 (I personally recommend v15 and that's what I'll be using)
    Download v19 (Most recent...I can't get it to run in Linux with Wine)
    WiiBrew Page
    Website
    Google Code Page
    Source

A) You can skip this step if you have wifi and move on to B. Download and extract NUSD_v15aBeta.zip or NUSDownloader_v19.zip. You will end up with a folder named NUSD_v15aBeta or NUSDownloader_v19 respectively.

If you are using v15 inside NUSD_v15aBeta you will find database.xml, NUS Downloader.exe, and ReadMe.txt.

If you are using v19 inside NUSDownloader_v19 you will find database.xml, dsidatabase.xml, NUS Downloader.exe, and ReadMe.txt.

Launch NUS Downloader.exe.

Click on Extras at the top and choose Retrieve Common Key.

Next choose Database and a menu will pop up where you can choose what you want to download, select the top option System. A system menu will pop up where you can select stuff like system channels and so forth, pick the third option down 0000000100000101 - MIOS. A box will pop up where you can pick which rev to download, select v4.

Alternately you could type 0000000100000101 and 4 in the boxes at the top.

Select the Pack -> WAD box at the bottom.

The default name for the WAD will be MIOS-64-v4.wad which is unusable by the cMIOS installer. Change the name in the box to RVL-mios-v4.wad.

Click Start NUS Download! and your file will begin downloading.

You can now close NUSD.
    Inside NUSD_v15aBeta or NUSDownloader_v19 you will find a new folder named 0000000100000101v4.

Inside 0000000100000101v4 you will find five files but only RVL-mios-v4.wad is necessary to your cMIOS install.

B) Download and extract cMIOSWiiGator.zip. You will end up with a folder named cMIOSWiiGator.

Inside cMIOSWiiGator you will find cMIOSWiiGator, sourcecode, and readme.txt. The only folder we'll need is cMIOSWiiGator.

Inside cMIOSWiiGator you will find boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml.

C) If you don't already have an apps folder create a folder at the root of your SD/SDHC/USB named apps. - /apps

Copy the entire contents of cMIOSWiiGator into your apps (/apps) folder. - /apps/cMIOSWiiGator

If you don't have internet connection to your Wii copy RVL-mios-v4.wad to the root of your SD/SDHC/USB. - /RVL-mios-v4.wad

D) Eject your SD/SDHC/USB from your PC. Insert your SD/SDHC/USB in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and launch the HBC. Load Installer for WiiGator's cMIOS. A screen will come up asking you to select which IOS to load. Choose 249 and press A

A warning screen will pop up.

Be patient and wait a few seconds. A line will pop up telling you to press 1 or Start to start the app. If you are inpatient and press anything or accidentally press anything the installer will yell at you for being inpatient and force you to exit.

Press 1 or Start. A screen will pop up asking you if you want to enter the MIOS menu or Exit.

Select MIOS menu and press A. An option screen will come up. By default the first option Patch for homebrew&backups is set to yes, don't play with this. The second option is Set revision to 65535. By default it is set to no. It's completely optional but I recommend setting it to yes. After your options are set choose Install patched MIOSv4 and press A.

A line will pop up asking you where you want to install it from. Select either Load MIOS from sd card or Load MIOS from usb storage if you are doing an offline install based on where RVL-mios-v4.wad is located. If your Wii has an internet connection select Download MIOS from NUS.

After you have made your decision about where the unpatched MIOS is being loaded from press A. It will prepare the patch.
    If you selected an offline install you will see:

If you are doing an online install you will see:

After the patch is prepared press A to begin the install. It will now install your cMIOS. After your cMIOS is installed a line will pop up telling you it is done and press any key to exit.

Press any key and you will be returned to the HBC.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Install cMIOS (MIOS v10 base)"]Things you will need:
    A FAT16/32 formatted SD/SDHC or USB device (You can only use SDHC on menu 4.0 or above)

Optional:
    An internet connection to your Wii (Personally recommended)

Programs required:
    cMIOS installer (By WiiGator - Updated to use MIOS v10 by WiiPower)
    Download

NUSD (By WB3000) (For if your Wii doesn't have an internet connection) (This is a Windows program but it can be run via Wine if you are a Linux user like myself. If you're a Mac user I don't know yet.)
    Download v15 (I personally recommend v15 and that's what I'll be using)
    Download v19 (Most recent...I can't get it to run in Linux with Wine)
    WiiBrew Page
    Website
    Google Code Page
    Source

A) You can skip this step if you have wifi and move on to B. Download and extract NUSD_v15aBeta.zip or NUSDownloader_v19.zip. You will end up with a folder named NUSD_v15aBeta or NUSDownloader_v19 respectively.

If you are using v15 inside NUSD_v15aBeta you will find database.xml, NUS Downloader.exe, and ReadMe.txt.

If you are using v19 inside NUSDownloader_v19 you will find database.xml, dsidatabase.xml, NUS Downloader.exe, and ReadMe.txt.

Launch NUS Downloader.exe.

Click on Extras at the top and choose Retrieve Common Key.

Next choose Database and a menu will pop up where you can choose what you want to download, select the top option System. A system menu will pop up where you can select stuff like system channels and so forth, pick the third option down 0000000100000101 - MIOS. A box will pop up where you can pick which rev to download, select v10.

Alternately you could type 0000000100000101 and 10 in the boxes at the top.

Select the Pack -> WAD box at the bottom.

The default name for the WAD will be MIOS-64-v10.wad which is unusable by the cMIOS installer. Change the name in the box to RVL-mios-v10.wad.

Click Start NUS Download! and your file will begin downloading.

You can now close NUSD.
    Inside NUSD_v15aBeta or NUSDownloader_v19 you will find a new folder named 0000000100000101v10.

Inside 0000000100000101v10 you will find five files but only RVL-mios-v10.wad is necessary to your cMIOS install.

B) Download and extract cMIOSWiiGator0.2.zip. You will end up with a folder named cMIOSWiiGator0.2.

Inside cMIOSWiiGator0.2 you will find cMIOSWiiGator, sourcecode, and readme.txt. The only folder we'll need is cMIOSWiiGator.

Inside cMIOSWiiGator you will find boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml.

C) If you don't already have an apps folder create a folder at the root of your SD/SDHC/USB named apps. - /apps

Copy the entire contents of cMIOSWiiGator into your apps (/apps) folder. - /apps/cMIOSWiiGator

If you don't have internet connection to your Wii copy RVL-mios-v10.wad to the root of your SD/SDHC/USB. - /RVL-mios-v10.wad

D) Eject your SD/SDHC/USB from your PC. Insert your SD/SDHC/USB in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and launch the HBC. Load Installer for WiiGator's cMIOS. A screen will come up asking you to select which IOS to load. Choose 249 and press A

A warning screen will pop up.

Be patient and wait a few seconds. A line will pop up telling you to press 1 or Start to start the app. If you are inpatient and press anything or accidentally press anything the installer will yell at you for being inpatient and force you to exit.

Press 1 or Start. A screen will pop up asking you if you want to enter the MIOS menu or Exit.

Select MIOS menu and press A. An option screen will come up. By default the first option Patch for homebrew&backups is set to yes, don't play with this. The second option is Set revision to 65535. By default it is set to no. It's completely optional but I recommend setting it to yes. After your options are set choose Install patched MIOSv4 and press A.

A line will pop up asking you where you want to install it from. Select either Load MIOS from sd card or Load MIOS from usb storage if you are doing an offline install based on where RVL-mios-v10.wad is located. If your Wii has an internet connection select Download MIOS from NUS.

After you have made your decision about where the unpatched MIOS is being loaded from press A. It will prepare the patch.
    If you selected an offline install you will see:

If you are doing an online install you will see:

After the patch is prepared press A to begin the install. It will now install your cMIOS. After your cMIOS is installed a line will pop up telling you it is done and press any key to exit.

Press any key and you will be returned to the HBC.[/SPOILER]

2) Next we'll install the software. You can install swiss.dol in multiple places but I've had the most success with it installed on my SD Gecko in GC Slot B so that's where it will be in my guide. But seeing as how it's experimental play around if you like.

[SPOILER="Install software"]Things you will need:
    A FAT16/32 formatted SD/SDHC or USB device to launch Wii Swiss Booter via the HBC
    A FAT16/32 SD/SDHC for you own a SD Gecko or a FAT32 formatted IDE HDD and power supply if you own a IDE-EXI adapter

Programs you will need:
    Swiss (By emu_kidid)
    [SPOILER="Swiss 0.1 (svn revision 33) info"]New in svn revision 33:

- Zelda WW on Wii support

- Add "Stop Motor" support now

- DVD Seek instead of small Read now

New in svn revision 28:

- Fixed a pretty big bug in SD/HDD code

- Pokemon Box support

New in svn revision 24:

- Extreme WIP version

- Fragmented files detection (no support for them yet)

- Disabled disc dumper until I tidy up the code/fix it

- Disabled Qoob Cheats loading until I fix that too

- Removed ELMchan FATFS in favour of libFAT

- Simplified IDE-EXI code to use a 32bit sector addr (2TB Max)

New in svn revision 21:

- Re-added device speed selection

- Simplify Video forcing/patching (less green screen boot)

- Fixed pre-patched image check

- Fixed cheats scrolling being too fast

- Cheats file now should be placed in device root:\cheats.qch

New in svn revision 17:

- Fixed Zelda CE Windwaker demo (pre-patcher issue)

- Fixed Zelda Master Quest

- Changed relative branching to direct branching (mtctr,bctrl) (fixed 007 Everything or nothing)

- Possibly more titles fixed - please test

- Fixed broken ide-exi code

- Swiss now checks the version a game was pre-patched with

New in svn revision 7:

- Fixed Invalidation and Flushing

- Fixed Zelda CE and possibly a few other games (use pre-patcher for it)

- Fixed Audio Streaming original media on Wii

- Fixed Other PAL titles (German/etc)

Current Features:

- Load DOL from SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD

- Load GCM/ISO from Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD

- Multi-Game DVD-R support (Cobra/GCOS)

- Multi-Disc support Original Disc/SD/SDHC/DVD-R/HDD

- Disc Ripping to SD/SDHC/HDD (WIP)

- Region free / Video forcing (WIP)

- Full cheat engine for all games (update it via SD/SDHC)

*HDD features require a IDE-EXI or homemade adapter

**SD features require a SDGecko or homemade adapter

Using cheats:

Cheats are stored in a Qoob based file format, they may be edited/updated

using the included cheats editor. You may convert action replay codes using

GCNCrypt and then add those too.

Swiss comes with a embedded cheats database but if you have an updated one,

place it as device:\cheats.qch and it will picked up and loaded instead of

the internal cheats database.

IMPORTANT:

- 480P video mode forcing is Work in Progress - it may not work at all yet!

- Disc dumping is known to corrupt some HDD's - still work in progress![/SPOILER]

Pre-patcher for Swiss 0.1 - revision 17 (By emu_kidid)
    [SPOILER="Pre-patcher for Swiss 0.1 - revision 17 info"]Pre-patcher for Swiss 0.1 - revision 17

Usage example:

sd-boot-RC4-prepatch.exe file.gcm

Purpose:

Some backups contain multiple .dol or .elf files inside the game, even .dol files inside smaller .gcm(.tgc) files within the iso itself (demo discs - EA games).

Since Swiss can only patch what the apploader loads,

there will be a point in the game where SD-Boot will simply stop working if

a game contains more than one executable file which will be loaded later.

This pre-patcher should clear up those issues for most of those titles.

Examples that require this pre-patcher:

Need for Speed HP2

Mario Soccer

007 Agent under fire

Zelda Collectors editions etc

Many demos

and even then some more..

Note:

BEFORE USING THIS, MAKE A COPY OF THE FILE YOU'RE ABOUT TO PATCH,

IT WILL OVERWRITE IT!

This will only work with Swiss 0.1 - revision 17 on wards

New in revision 17:

- Relative branching removed - fixes 007 Everything or Nothing

- Fix for Kirby's Air ride

New in revision 7:

- Full support for Zelda CE[/SPOILER]

Swiss 0.1 (svn revision 33) Download
    Pre-patcher for Swiss 0.1 - revision 17 Download
    Google Code Page
    Source
    Compatibility List
    GC Forever Thread

Wii Swiss Booter (By WiiPower)
    [SPOILER="Wii Swiss Booter info"]What's this?
    This program searches all storage for the swiss executable and then runs it in gamecube mode. It does require a cMIOS to do this like other gamecube homebrew booters. But this is modified to execute one command MIOS would execute and which is required to reset the drive. Short: Other gamecube homebrew booters may not allow the booted gamecube homebrew to reset the drive, this one does.

Current status:
    - No graphics output at all
    - No errors or warnings, it will either work or not
    - USB storage might not be working(did not work for me, but the code is there...)

I'm open to suggestions on how to improve this or how to spell the text for the HBC better.

Where does it load Swiss from?
    This application tries to load Swiss from SD-Gecko slot b, slot a, front sd and from usb storage, in that order. The filepaths where the Swiss executable is expected are: "/apps/Swiss/swiss.dol" and "/swiss.dol[/SPOILER]

Wii Swiss Booter Version 0.2 Download
    GC Forever Thread

A) Download and extract swiss-0.1-r29.zip. You will end up with a file named swiss-0.1-r29.

Inside swiss-0.1-r29 you will find readme.txt and swiss-lz.dol.

B) Copy swiss-lz.dol to the root of your SD Gecko's SD/SDHC or your IDE drive. - /swiss-lz.dol

Rename swiss-lz.dol to swiss.dol. - /swiss.dol

C) Download and extract WSB0.2.zip. You will end up with a folder named WSB0.2.

Inside WSB0.2 you will find apps and sourcecode. The only folder we'll need is apps.

Inside apps you will find Swiss.

Inside Swiss you will find boot.dol, icon.png, and meta.xml.

D) Copy the entire contents of Swiss into your apps (/apps) folder. - /apps/Swiss (You can delete cMIOSWiiGator (/apps/cMIOSWiiGator) and RVL-mios-v4.wad (/RVL-mios-v4.wad) from step 1 if they are present.)
    [/SPOILER]

3) Of course we need to add some games.
    [SPOILER="Using the pre-patcher"]
    This part is probably the easiest of the guide. I will be taking all of the preliminary file shots in Linux for consistency and because they look better but the video will be in my Windows install. I couldn't get the pre-patcher to run in Linux so I had to install Oracle VM VirtualBox with Windows Vista running as the guest. OS X users might need a similar solution. I'm going to make a big note for those that aren't that good at reading supplied info:
    BEFORE USING THIS, MAKE A COPY OF THE FILE YOU'RE ABOUT TO PATCH, IT WILL OVERWRITE IT!

In other words if you want to keep a clean copy of your GCM or ISO make a duplicate and patch the duplicate because once it's patched there is no going back.

A) Download and extract pre-patcher-r17.zip. You will end up with a folder named pre-patcher-r17.

Inside pre-patcher-r17 you will find pre-patcher.exe and readme.txt.

B) Copy the image you are going to patch into pre-patcher-r17.

Grab your image with your mouse and pointer and drop it on pre-patcher.exe. You may have to give it administrate permission to run based on the version of Windows you are using and how you have your options set up. The pre-patcher will do it's magic.

That's it. Your ISO or GCM is patched and ready to go.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Install games"]A) Copy your game images to the root of your Gecko's SD/SDHC or IDE HDD. Patch the game using the pre-patcher if need be.
    [/SPOILER]

4) Now we're ready to play!

[SPOILER="Launching Swiss and games"]Eject your Wii SD/SDHC/USB with Wii Swiss Booter on it and your Gecko's SD/SDHC or IDE HDD. Insert your Wii SD/SDHC in the front slot or connect your USB device to the back port. Insert your Gecko or IDE-EXI adapter in memory card slot B and insert the SD/SDHC in your Gecko or attach your IDE to the IDE-EXI adapter. Connect a GC controller in port 1. Finally insert a retail GC game in your Wii. YES IT HAS TO BE A RETAIL DISC!!!!! A screen will come up asking where you want to load your images from.

Select SD Gecko or IDE-EXI using left and right on the D-pad and press A. A screen will pop up asking you which slot you want to load from. Pick slot B with left and right on the D-pad and press A.

Your game list will come up. Pick your game with up and down on the D-pad. Press Right on the D-pad and by default it will be on boot.

Press A while on boot and the game will begin loading.

Hopefully your game will launch after loading and with some luck play.

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Two short crappy quality videos of Swiss playing Star Fox Adventures on the Wii"]

[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Games I've got to run"]Star Fox Adventures - Audio issues both menu and in game.
    4x4 Evo 2 - Audio issues at menus but fine in game.
    American Chopper 2 - Full Throttle - No noticeable sound or video issues but it would occasionally pause for a brief second and resume while playing.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Games I can't get to work"]Blood Omen 2 - Freezes after memory card screen.
    007 - Agent Under Fire - Freezes after EA logo screen.
    1080 Avalanche - Wont boot, immediate black screen.
    FIFA 2006 - Freezes after progressive mode select.
    Alien Hominid - Freezes after progressive mode select.
    Aggressive Inline - Wont boot, immediate black screen.
    All-Star Baseball 2002 - Wont boot, immediate black screen.
    All-Star Baseball 2004 - Wont boot, immediate green screen.
    Amazing Island - Wont boot, immediate black screen.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Changelog"]2/5/11 - Fixed missing Image 34, minor grammar/spelling errors fixed, added missing thanks, and linked Stomp's GC backup disc guide.
    2/7/11 - Updated Swiss download link and info to rev 24, updated pics/wording to rev 24, and updated download pack to include rev 24.
    2/9/11 - Added Pre-patcher section and changed wording.
    2/10/11 - Added cMIOS section to include WiiPower's mod that uses MIOS v10 as a base, updated download pack, and updated wording.
    2/11/11 - Added videos of Swiss working on the Wii.
    2/12/11 - Updated pics, updated wording, added games I've got working section, updated to Swiss rev 29, and updated download pack.
    2/13/11 - Added games that I can't get working section.[/SPOILER]
    Last edited by Darkcide666; 03-10-2011 at 04:44 PM.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

Nicely done..a lot of info.. your good at this ...should give the remove softmod guide a go hehe

Approved

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thank you sir! I don't know about removing my softmod though...I don't have a boot2 Wii so it might not be the smartest idea on my part. I have to play around with Swiss a bit more and get the few parts I can't get working corrected so I can fix this guide. I feel like a jerk not actually having a working game or patcher yet. I'll keep at it until I've got it though. I have to get better at TV pics too. I'm inconsistent. A lot has to do with my camera though. For some stupid reason if you turn the flash off it also turns off the steady shot. Then I have to play with PunEmu a bit too so I can wrap up my final emulation guide.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    LOL. I'm on IE! I broke down and installed VirtualBox with Vista so I could wrap up the pre-patcher part of the guide. Why Vista you may ask? So I could remind myself why I don't use Windows on my home PC...And I was lazy. There was a Vista disc under my desk within arms reach. Vista is downloading its first 105 patches so I figured I would pop on in the meantime. I'll wrap this guide up by tomorrow and now I wont have any Windows program related problems in further guides.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    I updated all pics, wording, links, info, and my download pack to rev 24. Sorry for missing rev 21 yesterday. I'm working on the pre-patcher and getting a game running now that I have a VM running Windows installed.

I know you did a lot of work there, but I was just about to change my guide. It seems that WiiPower now has a cMIOS v10 installer posted. He says it better than the cMIOS v4. I don't know if the different versions of cMIOS will affect Swiss, apparently it affects GC loading with NeoGamma.

Recommend cMIOS for homebrew, and retail&backup discs, it's WiiGator's cMIOS just in a new installer(only required for GC mode internal or external):
    New one(based on MIOSv10):
    cMIOSWiiGator0.2.zip

Old one(based on MIOSv4):
    cMIOSWiiGator.zip

Recommend cIOS:
    A cIOS with IOS56 as base IOS. It should work for all games(including MH3 and Rockband), and seems to be as fast as IOS57. More info(why base IOS56):
    Monster Hunter Tri and instrument games - GBAtemp.net
    Other cIOS may work for GC games too, but official support will only be granted for cIOS37rev19 or cIOS56rev20+.

source - gbatemp
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 02-07-2011 at 06:58 PM.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll update the cMIOS part tomorrow. If WiiPower says that's the one to use that's the one to use.

One or the other, I was reading the thread and he did seem to favor cMIOS v10 over v4.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    I could re-write a revised section to give people an option of v4 or v10. I guess there is no reason to take the v4 part down seeing how it is already written with videos and all. I was just playing with the pre-patcher in windows. It's simple. Drag and drop. I'll add that tomorrow too and maybe now that I can patch games I can get some pics of a game up and running.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    I'm back at it. I added the promised pre-patcher section and changed some wording. I have to update a few other things too.

Edit: I got a game to work! Star Fox Adventures. I played for about 15 minutes with no problems video wise. There was no slowdown during videos or anything. There were major audio problems but it's proof that this will work for us! I'll update my guide tomorrow because I have to sleep for work.
    Last edited by Darkcide666; 02-09-2011 at 08:15 PM.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast