Wasp wiikey fusion/SDHC problems :(
sup peeps, new here & this my 1st post, but anyway.........
just finally got my wiikey fusion - the wasp3 one, & iv followed all the basic stuff & i cant understand why my games wont play!.
black wii on 4.2E
started 'trying' some softmods a while back but didnt really go too deep, but did do some iso numbers etc & homebrew & neogamma, but i was just trying too play games instantly lol
now got the fusion chip which is on V1.4, its 10000000% installed right, as i have checked twice now & its pretty obvious!
32GB SDHC kingston card (possible contender for probs maybe..?)
now iv formatted it in its original state, then WBFS manager afterwards, then 'tried' NTFS too coz other way didnt work, but wouldnt have it, & thats on both a vista 32bit lappy & my windows 7 64bit pc.(so 2 different WBFS managers) basically it formats in WBFS & installs a game over to it aswell, & even shows me the gamecube icon when turned on etc. then i do the reset button thing on it & pick game & it comes back with a few different things......
one is 'error please remove disc & turn off bla bla' thing.
another is it freezes the use of remote, tho the screen is still active
& the other is the gamecube/game icon doesnt come up at all, but i still have control
now is there any person who knows based on that info wtf is wrong here?
or could it be a conflict with whatever i did before with softmod stuff?
fire away with questions, ill try answer as good as i can
Last edited by LUXY D; 02-01-2011 at 07:34 AM.
anyone know? :\
just seen the SD card is class 4 so its faster then the 3x DVD reading speed, so that side of things, its not that,
Hi, I got a WiiKey Fusion last week for 1 of my Wii's I think there is something dodgy with it, I have the same problem as you.. I have just downgraded my Wii from 4.2e to 4.1e (just to get region free) but problems existed before this on a virgin Wii.
1. When SD card is in and select game to play by holding down reset button in Game Cube channel only half of the games are loading, Wii reboots and some load on the disc menu and then freeze when launching start on game (eg either black screen or freeze on game startup image), others dont load on disc channel, there is just a spinning disc on disc channel and wii remote disconnects and disc stop spinning on channel - I have to the power wii off and on again to fix.
2. When I switch between playing a game on the SD card to disc and vice versa most of the time the wii just gives black screen on the TV (green power light on wii), I then have to hold power down, turn off and power back on again then wii is ok and boots as normal. Dont know why it requires being turned off again.
SD Card is 32G PQI Class 10 formatted with a WBFS partition
- also I have another wii with a DriveKey installed and it plays all these same ISO file from USB and disc.
- has latest 1.5 firmware on and all dip switches to on (PAL) postion
- I messaged WiiKey support and they are like u got a Class 10 SD card wtf, and said they arent sure if Class 10 works for games, it doesn't say on their website there is a limitation to how high class you can go, only says u need higher than class 4.
Also sometimes yes the Game Cube channel doesnt load, not too much of an issue, just go into channel and wait for disc to stop spinning and press eject button on Wii will then load Game Cube channel. Also get the error please remove disc and turn off issue on some of them.
Last edited by MrNobody; 03-09-2011 at 12:35 AM.
so what has come of it with you then? cause iv kinda givw up for now
new SDHC card seems to do the job
As I understand it, SD card compatibility in non-computer devices can be hit or miss. If it doesn't work on one SD/SDHC card, try one from another vendor. Note this is also true for the Wii's own SD card slot (not all brands work in it).
Please do not reply to a thread last posted in a year ago, it is pretty much pointless. Please make a new thread if ou want to share your views on the topic.