Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: The Last Story on wii PAL?

  1. #1

    The Last Story on wii PAL?

    I donwloaded The Last Story JPN and I want to play it on my wii which is PAL. Does anyone knows if this game has an automatic update? It is safe to play it? I have a 4.2E wii and I am using USB Loader GX v2 with a HDD.

    I downloaded the game and I opened it with RegionFrii 1.2.1, It appeared a msn saying:


    This file doesn't look normal, not a wii iso file?

    I opened it anyway and it said the game was JPN, so I converted it to PAL without any error. Then to confirm it is now on PAL, I reopened it with the RegionFrii and again it showed the same msn, I opened the iso anyway (again) and it said that the game is on UK PAL 02 (patched, gamecode mismatch). Then I opened the game with the WiiBrickBlocker and it said that the game was still NTSC-JAP, I patched (removed the updates???) it anyway without errors.

    But still I am not sure if I should launch it or not, the WBFS says it is NTSC-PAL and I am not sure if because the game is new and I have a 4.2E it will try to automatically update my system, leading to a brick (region's mismatch). Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Assuming you own the game which you must (since we don't support piracy) the easiest solution would be to rip it from the disc to a usb device then load it that way instead of messing with out of region backups.

  3. #3
    david, how could iso file in wbfs format updates ur Wii ?

  4. #4
    Let me get this straight, A region brick/semi-brick from updating my wii from another region, can only happen with game backups (DVD) and will never happen from with Isos loaded from USB?

  5. #5
    usb loaders block the update partition. All the brick blocker and things you are doing are not needed if you're loading from hdd.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheory View Post
    Let me get this straight, A region brick/semi-brick from updating my wii from another region, can only happen with game backups (DVD) and will never happen from with Isos loaded from USB?
    no, i don't have exception with you on this.

  7. #7
    I lauched the game today, I used the USB Loader GX v2 and load it from a HDD. With the default settings it showed a black screen with a terrible continuos sound. I then put the String Patch in game load to ON (because the game is jap) and the Video mode to Disc Default (it was on System Default before). The game did not asked me to update (I'm still on 4.2E), and I can play it normally (I created a new game, and played all the first level).

  8. #8
    i am at Chapter 10 at the moment using CFG USB Loader 6.5. loads and runs fine with the same settings as yours. thanks for sharing the info.

    there are some cutscene sections which seem to stutter (choppy movement) but i dunno if this is the game itself or the results of running it thru softmod. (game loaded with ios 249)

    btw, have you tested Multiplayer mode ?

    **UPDATE: loaded with ios250 and it plays smoother overall

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheory View Post
    I lauched the game today, I used the USB Loader GX v2 and load it from a HDD. With the default settings it showed a black screen with a terrible continuos sound. I then put the String Patch in game load to ON (because the game is jap) and the Video mode to Disc Default (it was on System Default before). The game did not asked me to update (I'm still on 4.2E), and I can play it normally (I created a new game, and played all the first level).
    Last edited by yangkuo; 02-02-2011 at 07:10 PM.

  9. #9
    Hi, I need help. I try to play The Last Story but the system freeze at the first cut scene of the flash back after beating the first boss at the introduction.

    I am using USB loader GX, IOS 249 rev 17. Is there any update need to be done?

    Kindly let me know if need more information to be provided. Thanks!

  10. #10
    it was running fine for me. i have a 4.2U Wii softmodded with cIOS249[56]-rev20 and cIOS250[57]-rev65535.

    i am using CFG USB Loader v6.5 and loaded it succesfully with IOS249 and IOS250 (but i find this smoother overall). also set the option of language to 'Japanese' and video to 'Game Default' as per david's recommendation above.

    sometimes the problem may also be your rip of the game from disc to hdd. i split mine by 4GB file size. the game total wbfs file size is just slightly over 4.1GB i remember ... so it will be more than 1 wbfs file after ripping.


    Quote Originally Posted by dorachan_87 View Post
    Hi, I need help. I try to play The Last Story but the system freeze at the first cut scene of the flash back after beating the first boss at the introduction.

    I am using USB loader GX, IOS 249 rev 17. Is there any update need to be done?

    Kindly let me know if need more information to be provided. Thanks!
    Last edited by yangkuo; 02-15-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •