Team Twiizers have just posted a DSi mode DSiWare exploit. It loads NDS binaries directly from the internal SD card slot!
DSiWareHaxInj v1.0As you may remember we started looking at the DSi about two years ago. Despite some early attempts using savegame hacks for hybrid card games we eventually resorted to more complex attacks that involved soldering many wires to tiny points on the PCB to be able to trace and modify the RAM. However, doing this is not feasible for the average homebrew user so we used the knowledge we gained through these complicated attacks to get more information about the whole system which allowed us to experiment with DSiWare games in the end. We also learned how to create savegames so we can now do what we did three years ago with the Wii: Savegame hacks!
Usage of the exploit
1. Export Sudoku to SD card via the data management menu.
2. Sudokuhax will then be injected into the Sudoku application via client software. The client software uploads DSi-specific data from the Sudoku application to a web server, then injects the retrieved data into the Sudoku application.
3. Copy the output binary to SD card with the same filename as the original.
4. Copy Sudokuhax from SD card to “internal memory” via the data management menu.
5. Launch Sudoku, then press button A or touch screen at the Sudoku title screen.
6. Now boot.nds on SD card will be run.
The data uploaded by the client software includes the anonymous DSi-unique console ID, and other data required for modifying the Sudoku binary on SD card. This data is used for logging unique web server requests.
Update: R.I.P to the savegame hack
Nintendo already patched the dsiware