Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wii Key & Burning

  1. #1

    Question Wii Key & Burning

    I already have my wii key, and i have been getting someone to get me games but he wants me to start getting them myself an i am clueless what to do .

    any help?

  2. #2
    What I do ...

    Hardware:
    You need one of 4 LG DVD-Roms.

    LG GDR-8161b
    LG GDR-8162b
    LG GDR-8163b
    LG GDR-8164b

    To Read:
    RawDump 2.1

    To Write:
    ImgBurn, a freeware program very similar to CloneCD.

    Directions:
    Start RawDump 2.1. Insert the original into the LG DVD-Rom. Close the drive. Click "Start Dump".

    In 2 to 3 hours, you'll have a game image, or .ISO. When the dump is complete, right click on the file and go to properties. Make sure the image is exactly 4,699,979,776 kbs. If it's not, it's a bad read, re-dump it.

    Also, Super Smash Bros is a dual layer disc, so these will be larger than the kb stated above.

    Write the .ISO in ImgBurn.

    Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

    Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

  3. #3
    you can also do it via homebrew channel with wifi

  4. #4
    admiral,

    Can you expand on what you mean by do it through homebrew channel? What i am hoping that your telling me is that we can put the disk into the Wii and bypass having to get the LG drive.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by knox66 View Post
    admiral,

    Can you expand on what you mean by do it through homebrew channel? What i am hoping that your telling me is that we can put the disk into the Wii and bypass having to get the LG drive.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/dumping-burn...-homebrew.html
    good enough?

  6. #6
    Thanks admiral,
    I already order my LG drive but i still might try my hand at the whole dumping thing. It sounds likes its going to be a little of a challenge but thats what make sit fun.

    im sure i will be hitting you up latter for info.

  7. #7
    I've never tried the WiFi dumping before. I just don't like the idea of using up the Wii's disc drive / laser life for something a PC unit can do.

    Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

    Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by e3NiNe View Post
    I've never tried the WiFi dumping before. I just don't like the idea of using up the Wii's disc drive / laser life for something a PC unit can do.
    i would base it off ammount of uses, if i was only dumping 1 game, i would wifi, if it was gonna become a hobby, i would use the device, also read the posts here, people care more about the loader than paying the 40 or so usd for a chip, so why would this be different?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by admiral victorinox View Post
    i would base it off ammount of uses, if i was only dumping 1 game, i would wifi, if it was gonna become a hobby, i would use the device, also read the posts here, people care more about the loader than paying the 40 or so usd for a chip, so why would this be different?
    Ah, that's true. If you're only looking to do a few games, WiFi dumping makes more sense.


    I still don't understand why people are so cheap when it comes to modchips. Just buy the chip and save yourself the hassle of game patching and error hunting. I mean, in Nintendo's next firmware, your copies could be dead due to the traces of alteration done to them.

    Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

    Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by e3NiNe View Post
    Ah, that's true. If you're only looking to do a few games, WiFi dumping makes more sense.


    I still don't understand why people are so cheap when it comes to modchips. Just buy the chip and save yourself the hassle of game patching and error hunting. I mean, in Nintendo's next firmware, your copies could be dead due to the traces of alteration done to them.
    why do you think im so short with people whom use it, yeah its free but

    50 bucks for
    perfect play
    perfect video
    easy to hack
    and much easier to use

    vs free, and poor working

    but its their choice not mine

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •