Thread: Please insert a disk into drive E:.

Please insert a disk into drive E:.

I have been following mauifrog's "softmod any wii" guide, but right after I make the NAND backup, I am stuck. The backup seems to have been successful, and the files even appear to be on the sd card when I look in bootmii. However, when I put the sd card in my computer, I get this message:

"Please insert a disk into drive E:."

and can't access it. It could read it fine before the backup and can read other cards no problem. Anyone know that the deal is? Maybe I could move the backup files to my usb drive with an app like SD explorer? But I sure would like to know whats going on. Thanks!

WiiHacks Staff

Virtual Welcome Agent
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    no idea, but i would go ahead format the card and do a fresh backup.

<--suggestions helped? press Thanks

I've tried a few times, formatting the card each time and same story. Card works in my computer before I do the backup, but not after.

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Try with other sd cards, if it keeps doing it, then it could be your computer

I tried two other sd cards including a wii branded one with no luck. I guess it must be a problem with my computer. Its just weird that they would work and then not. I ended up using wiixplorer to move the files from sd card to usb drive. That seemed to have worked.