Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] The Ultimate Emulation Guide Part 3 - Computers

Retired WiiHacks Staff

[Tutorial] The Ultimate Emulation Guide Part 3 - Computers

In part three of my series I will cover old school computer emulators. I'll be covering nine emulators in all. Once again I will only be covering the best or my favorite emulator if there are multiple emulators for the same system. I also decided to leave out NEC's PC-8801 and 9801. I have no memories or desire to play them and you have to be on top of your Japanese to enter their realm. I was going to include Chippy but it won't launch for me.

Because we are dealing with computer emulators a USB keyboard is definitely recommended and with some it's mandatory. Setting up, running, and operating computer emulators can be a lot more confusing, challenging, and involving than the previously covered emulators. Expect to start having to do a lot more.

I will be using the same 2GB PNY SD. As with all my guides don't ask where to obtain ROMs, BIOS, or game images and try to only ask questions pertaining to the guide.

As with the first two I will only be covering basic SD/SDHC/USB install. I will not be covering things like channel installs or forwarders. I'm not covering all of the controls and options because that can all be found on the emulators WiiBrew page and Readme. Also I will only be covering the original versions of the emulators and no unofficial forks. As a reminder most if not all emulators can be downloaded via The Homebrew Browser.

Also as with the first two parts if you want to save a little room you can either delete or move the readme files to your PC for safe keeping after you read them. I stress the after you read them part...Read them or fail! You can also leave them if you choose to because they wont hurt anything. I'll mention which files you need and don't need with every emulator.

[SPOILER="C64-network.org (Formerly Frodo)"]

C64-network.org is a Wii port of the PC Commodore 64 emulator Frodo.

Homebrew Page

Download
    Home Page
    Google Code Page
    Source

Controllers supported:

Things you will need:
    A softmodded Wii and remote
    A Fat16/32 SD (* see notes)
    A USB Keyboard

C64-network.org does not support SDHC or USB devices. (* see notes)

(* Even though SDHC cards aren't officially supported I do own an SDHC it runs on.)

Additional BIOS you will need:
    None

File types supported:
    .t64
    .d64
    .prg

Compressed file types supported:
    None

1) Download and extract c64-network.org-wii-2.bin.tar.gz. You will end up with a folder named c64-network.org-wii-2.bin.

Inside c64-network.org-wii-2.bin you will find apps and frodo.

Inside apps you will find frodo.

Inside the frodo in apps you will find boot.dol, icon.png, meta.xml, and frodorc.

Inside the other frodo folder you will find images, metadata, saves, themes, and tmp.

images, metadata, saves, and tmp are currently empty. themes contains two starter themes, default and simonk.

2) If you don't already have a apps folder on your SD create a folder named apps at your root. - /apps

Copy the entire contents of the frodo folder in apps into the apps folder you are currently using or just created. - /apps/frodo

3) Copy the other frodo and it's contents (images, metadata, saves, themes, and tmp) to the root of your SD. - /frodo (/frodo/images, /frodo/metadata, /frodo/saves, /frodo/themes, /frodo/tmp)

4) Put your games inside images (/frodo/images).

5) Eject your SD from the PC and insert it in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and enter the HBC. Launch C64-network.org and it will bring you into the prompt screen.

Press Home and it will bring up the load and options screen.

By default it starts on File and Start so just press 2. Your game list will come up.

Select your game and press 2. It will begin its boot sequence.

After it boots your game will start.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Fuse"]

Fuse is a Wii port of the PC ZX Spectrum emulator Fuse.

(Note - Fuse is a mess after you get it set up in terms of organisation. Everything dumps into one file. Also there is no icon included with the download. I created the icon above using GIMP and the PC Fuse logo. You can save the icon that I created to your PC as icon.png and use it or you can create your own. If you create your own make sure it's a 128x48 PNG named icon.png)

Homebrew Page
    Download
    Sourceforge Page
    Source

Controllers supported:

Things you will need:
    A USB Keyboard

Fuse does not support SDHC or USB devices. (* see notes)

(* Even though SDHC cards aren't officially supported I do own an SDHC it runs on.)

None

File types supported:

Snapshots:
    read/write: .z80, .szx, .sna
    read only: .zxs, .sp., .snp, +D snapshots

Tape images:
    read/write: .tzx, .tap, .spc, .sta, .ltp
    read only: Warajevo .tap, Z80Em, CSW version 1, .wav

Input recordings:
    read/write: .rzx

Timex cartridges:
    read only: .dck

IDE hard disk images:
    read/write: .hdf

Microdrive cartridge images:
    read/write: .mdr

.gz
    .bz2

1) Download and extract Fuse.zip. You will end up with an apps folder.

Inside apps you will find fuse.

Inside fuse you will find lib, roms, ui, boot.elf, and meta.xml.

Inside libs you will find 18 files necessary to the operation of the emulator.

Select all 18 files and either copy or cut them and paste them into the fuse folder. After you paste them into the fuse folder you can delete libs.

Inside roms you will find 29 roms necessary to the operation of the emulator and 3 makefiles to delete.

Find Makefile, Makefile.am, and Makefile.in. Delete all three.

Select the remaining 29 roms and either copy or cut them and paste them into the fuse folder. After you paste them into the fuse folder you can delete roms.

Inside ui you will find widget.

Inside widget you will find fuse.font.

Select fuse.font and either copy or cut it and paste it into the fuse folder. After you paste them into the fuse folder you can delete ui.

Copy or cut the icon.png either I or you created from wherever it is on your PC and paste it into the fuse folder.

2) If you don't already have a apps folder on your SD create a folder named apps at your root. - /apps

Copy the entire contents of fuse into the apps folder you are currently using or just created. - /apps/fuse

3) Put your games inside fuse (/apps/fuse).

4) Eject your SD from the PC and insert it in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and enter the HBC. Launch Fuse and it will go into a copyright screen

Press Home and will bring up the Main menu.

By default it starts on File so press A and it will bring up the File menu.

By default it starts on Open so press A and it will bring up the Open Spectrum File menu.

Select your game and press A. It will launch your game.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="WiiApple"]

WiiApple is a Wii port of the PC AppleIIe emulator AppleWin/LinApple.

Homebrew Page
    Download
    Home Page
    Google Code Page
    Source

Controllers supported:

Things you will need:
    A USB Keyboard

WiiApple does not support SDHC or USB devices. (* see notes)

None

File types supported:
    .bin
    .do
    .dsk
    .nib
    .po

.zip
    .gzip

1) Download and extract wiiapple-0.0.7.zip. You will end up with an apps folder.

Inside apps you will find wiiapple.

Inside wiiapple you will find applelin.bmp, boot.dol, charset40.bmp, font.bmp, icon.bmp, icon.png, linapple.conf, Master.dsk, meta.xml, and Readme.txt.

Readme.txt isn't necessary to the operation of the emulator.

Copy the entire contents of wiiapple into the apps folder you are currently using or just created. - /apps/fuse

3) Create a folder at the root of you SD named AppleII. - /AppleII

4) Put your games inside AppleII (/AppleII).

5) Eject your SD from the PC and insert it in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and enter the HBC. Launch WiiApple and it will take you to an info screen.

Press F2 and the emulator will launch.

Press F3 or F4 to bring up your directory list.

Choose AppleII with the arrows and press Enter. Your game list will come up.

Choose your game with the arrows and press Enter. It will go back to the prompt screen.

Press F2 and your game will launch.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="UAE Wii"]

UAE Wii is a Wii port of the PC Amiga emulator UAE.

Homebrew Page
    Download
    Google Code Page
    Source

Controllers supported:

Things you will need:
    A USB Keyboard

UAE Wii does not support SDHC or USB devices. (* see notes)

amiga-os-130.rom

File types supported:
    .adf

None

1) Download and extract uae-wii-5-bin.tar.gz. You will end up with a folder named uae-wii-5-bin.

Inside uae-wii-5-bin you will find apps and uae.

Inside apps you will find uae.

Inside the uae in apps you will find boot.dol, FreeMono.ttf, icon.png, meta.xml, README.Cloanto-Amiga_Forever, and Smaller.ttf.

README.Cloanto-Amiga_Forever is not necessary to the operation off the emulator.
    Inside the other uae folder you will find floppies, harddisks, roms, saves, and uaerc.

floppies, harddisks, and saves are currently empty. roms contains a place holder file named "put-your-kick-dot-rom-here".

You can delete put-your-kick-dot-rom-here.

Copy the entire contents of the uae folder in apps into the apps folder you are currently using or just created. - /apps/uae

3) Copy the other uae and it's contents (floppies, harddisks, roms, saves, and uaerc) to the root of your SD. - /uae (/uae/floppies, /uae/harddisks, /uae/roms, /uae/saves)

4) Put amiga-os-130.rom inside roms (/uae/roms).

Rename amiga-os-130.rom to kick.rom.

Put your games inside floppies (/uae/floppies).

4) Eject your SD from the PC and insert it in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and enter the HBC. Launch UAE Wii and it will go into the disc load screen.

Press Home and it will bring up the load and options screen.

By default it starts on Insert floppy and df0 so press A or 2 and it will bring up the game selection screen.

Select your game to load and press A or 2. You will be brought back to the load and options screen.

Press 1 to exit and your game will load.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Wiituka"]

Wiituka is a Wii port of the PC Amstrad CPC emulator PituKa.

(Note - The vast majority of original games programmers and publishers have given their permission for their CPC software to be released into the public domain, including Amstrad who released the system ROMs. Seeing as how almost all software and system ROMs are public domain it is legal to download most everything. One of the unique features of Wiituka is it's ability to use your Wii's internet connection to download games from a public repository. It's kind of like the Shopping Channel of emulators. I'll include the official offline ROM pack seeing as how it meets site guidelines in case your Wii doesn't have an internet connection.)

Homebrew Page
    Download
    ROM Pack
    Home Page
    Google Code Page
    Source
    Public FTP Repository

Controllers supported:

Things you will need:
    A Fat16/32 SD/SDHC (You can only use SDHC on system menu 4.0 or above.)
    A USB Keyboard

Wiituka does not support USB devices.

None

File types supported:
    Only compressed files

.zip

(Note - There are two ways of setting up Wiituka so I'll cover both. The first will be for if you choose to use the offline ROM pack or your Wii doesn't have an internet connection. The second way will be for if your Wii has an internet connection and you want to download your own games.)

1) Download and extract wiituka_0.98.8-scenery2k9.zip. You will end up with an apps folder.

Inside apps you will find wiituka.

Inside wiituka you will find DISKS, SAVES, SCREENS, boot.dol, icon.png, meta.xml, and READMII.

READMII is not necessary to the operation of the emulator.
    SCREENS is currently empty. Inside DISKS you will two games to get you started. mikegunner.zip and psychpig.zip.

Inside SAVES you will find CFG which is currently empty.

2) If you don't already have a apps folder on your SD/SDHC create a folder named apps at your root. - /apps

Copy the entire contents of the wiituka into the apps folder you are currently using or just created. - /apps/wiituka (apps/wiituka/DISKS, /apps/wiituka/SAVES, /apps/wiituka/SAVES/CFG, /apps/SCREENS)

This is where the install will differ. If your Wii has an internet connection and you want to download your own games skip to step 4. If you want to use the offline ROM pack follow step 3 on.

3) Download and extract wiituka_dskpack.zip. You will end up with a folder named DISKS.

Inside DISKS there are 34 games.

Either cut or copy the games you want and paste them into the DISKS folder on your SD/SDHC (apps/wiituka/DISKS).

4) Eject your SD/SDHC from the PC and insert it in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and enter the HBC. Launch Wiituka and it will bring up a screen saying it's ready press any button to continue. The first time you launch it will take a second to get to this screen because it creates the necessary files and updates your ROM list.

Press any button and it will bring up your ROM list.

Select your game and press A. Your game will launch.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="Hatari"]

Hatari is a Wii port of the PC Atari ST emulator Hatari.

Homebrew Page
    Download
    Home Page

Controllers supported:

Things you will need:
    A USB Keyboard

Hatari does not support SDHC or USB devices. (* see notes)

None

File types supported:
    .st
    .msa
    .dim

.zip
    .gz

1) Download and extract hatari-19-01-2009.zip. You will end up with a folder named hatari-19-01-2009.

Inside hatari-19-01-2009 you will find apps and hatari.

Inside apps you will find hatari.

Inside the hatari in apps you will find doc boot.dol, font5x8.bmp, font10x16.bmp, hatari.cfg, hatari-icon.bmp, icon.png, mexa.xml, and tos.img.

Inside the other hatari folder you will find fd and hd.

Inside fd you will find yak.st and yak2.st.

Inside fd you will find desktop.inf and newdesk.inf.

Copy the entire contents of the hatari folder in apps into the apps folder you are currently using or just created. - /apps/hatari

3) Copy the other hatari and it's contents to the root of your SD. - /hatari (/hatari/fd, /hatari/hd)

4) Put your games inside fd (/hatari/fd).

4) Eject your SD from the PC and insert it in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and enter the HBC. Launch Hatari and it will bring up a boot screen.

After it boots you will be taken to your desktop.

Press Home to bring up the main menu.

Select disks with A and it will bring up the floppy disks screen.

Choose Browse with A on the drive you want to load your disk in. The disk selection screen will come up.

Click on your game with A and then click on Okay at the bottom with A. You will be taken back to the Floppy disk screen with your disk loaded.

Click on Back to main menu at the bottom with A. The main menu will come back up. Click on Okay with A. The disk will mount and take you back to the desktop.

Double click on the disk icon you loaded your game in with A. A list of the disks files will come up.

Navigate the list to find the games executable file (Usually a PRG extension) and double click on it with A. Your game will launch.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="BlueMSX-wii"]

BlueMSX-wii is a Wii port of the PC MSX 1/MSX 2/MSX 2+/Turbo R emulator BlueMSX.

(Note - There are multiple ways to set up BlueMSX-wii. I'll cover the easy way.)

Homebrew Page

Download
    Home Page
    Google Code Page
    Source

Controllers supported:

Things you will need:
    A Fat16/32 SD/SDHC (You can only use SDHC on system menu 4.0 or above.)
    A USB Keyboard

BlueMSX-wii does not support USB devices.

None

File types supported:
    .dsk
    .rom

.zip

1) Download and extract BlueMSX-Wii-V1.0.3.zip. You will end up with an apps folder.

Inside apps you will find bluemsx-wii.

Inside bluemsx-wii you will find boot.dol, icon.png, and mexa.xml.

2) If you don't already have a apps folder on your SD/SDHC create a folder named apps at your root. - /apps

Copy the entire contents of bluemsx-wii into the apps folder you are currently using or just created. - /apps/bluemsx-wii

3) Eject your SD/SDHC from the PC and insert it in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and enter the HBC. Launch BlueMSX-wii and seeing as how it's the first time you launched the emulator it will go into a screen asking if you want to set up storage.

Select yes and it will set itself up.

After it is through setting up your file system it will ask if you want to install the basic game pack. This is entirely up to you. If you choose to install it it will only install demos and so copyrighted material.

If you choose yes it installs the game pack.

After it installs it will into your directory list. This will be the main screen you see on sart up from now on.

Pick your directory and it will go into your game list for that directory.

Pick your game and it will ask you if you want to start the game you selected.

Select yes and your game will launch.

4) You can now add directories by going into the Games folder (/MSX/Games), adding folders, and editing the dirlist.xml with your favorite text editor.

You can add games by going into your game directories, adding roms, and editing the gamelist.xml with your favorite text editor. If you are creating a new directory you either have to copy a gamelist.xml and edit it or create a new one and create a screenshot folder.

You can also sub categorize in your game directories by creating a dirlist.xml pointing to whatever your categories are. Then you would add your ROMs, create a screenshot folder, and create a gamelist.xml in your sub-directory instead.
    Your screenshots go in the screenshot folder. You can have two per title. You can either create your own or use the emulator to take them. They have to be a 256x192 PNG. You add them by editing the gamelist.xml.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="DOSBox Wii"]

DOSBox Wii is a Wii port of the PC Intel x86 MS-DOS and PC-DOS emulator DOSBox.

(Note - You should acquaint yourself with the PC DOSBox before you use it on the Wii. You should run titles on the PC first to help you figure out the optimum settings for the dosbox.conf file.)

Homebrew Page

Download
    Google Code Page
    Source
    Compatibility List

Controllers supported:

Things you will need:
    A Fat16/32 SD/SDHC or USB device (You can only use SDHC on system menu 4.0 or above.)
    A USB Keyboard

None

File types supported:
    MS-DOS and PC-DOS games and programs

None

1) Download and extract DOSBox Wii 1.5.zip. You will end up with a folder named DOSBox Wii 1.5.

Inside DOSBox Wii 1.5 you will find apps and DOSBox. DOSBox is currently empty.

Inside apps you will find dosbox-wii.

Inside dosbox-wii you will find boot.dol, icon.png, meta.xml, and README.txt.

README.txt is not necessary to the operation off the emulator.

2) If you don't already have a apps folder on your SD/SDHC/USB create a folder named apps at your root. - /apps

Copy the entire contents of dosbox-wii into the apps folder you are currently using or just created. - /apps/dosbox-wii

Put your games inside dosbox-wii (/apps/dosbox-wii).

3) Copy DOSBox to the root of your SD/SDHC/USB. - /DOSBox

4) Eject your SD/SDHC/USB from the PC and insert it in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and enter the HBC. Launch DOSBox Wii it will go into the welcome screen.

Type C: in the prompt. It mount the C drive.

Type Dir for your C drive directory.

Type CD "whatever your games directory is" and it will open the games directory.

Type the EXE files name at the prompt and your game will launch.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER="WiiXL"]

WiiXL is a Wii port of the PC Atari 800/XL/XE/5200 emulator Atari800.

Homebrew Page
    Download
    Source

Controllers supported:

Things you will need:
    A USB Keyboard

WiiXL does not support SDHC or USB devices. (* see notes)

5200.rom (Optional - Only necessary if you plan on emulating the 5200)

File types supported:
    .atr
    .xfd
    .dmc
    .pro
    .atx
    .cas
    .rom
    .a52 (Only when using the 5200 BIOS)

None

1) Download and extract wiixl-0_1.zip. You will end up with a folder named wiixl-0_1.

Inside wiixl-0_1 you will find apps and wiixl.

Inside apps you will find wiixl.

Inside the wiixl in apps you will find doc (additional documentation inside), about.png, ATARIBAS.ROM, ATARIOSB.ROM, ATARIXL.ROM, boot.dol, COPYING, icon.png, meta.xml, README.1ST, and README.wii.

doc, COPYING, README.1ST, and README.wii aren't necessary to the operation off the emulator.
    Inside the other wiixl folder you will find saves and software.

saves is currently empty. software contains carts, disks, and tapes all three of which are currently empty.

Copy the entire contents of the wiixl folder in apps into the apps folder you are currently using or just created. - /apps/wiixl

3) Copy the other wiixl and it's contents to the root of your SD. - /wiixl (/wiixl/saves, /wiixl/software, /wiixl/software/carts, /wiixl/software/disks, /wiixl/software/tapes)

4) If you plan on using the 5200 BIOS (5200.rom) put it in the wiixl file in apps (/apps/wiixl).

Put your games into the appropriate folder for what type they are. .atr, .xfd, .dmc, .pro, and .atx go in disks (/wiixl/software/disks).

.cas go in tapes (/wiixl/software/tapes).

.rom and .a52 go in carts (/wiixl/software/carts).

4) Eject your SD from the PC and insert it in your Wii. Fire the Wii up and enter the HBC. Launch WiiXL and it will bring up the start and options screen.

By default it starts on Start emulator so press A and it will bring up the test screen.

Press Home and it will bring up a second option screen.

By default it starts on Run Atari Program so press A and the game type selection comes up.

Select whether you want to load a cart, disk, or tape and press A. Your game list will come up.

Select the game you want and press A. Your game will launch.
    [/SPOILER]
    Last edited by Darkcide666; 02-15-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

Wolfenstein 3D for DOS was epic. Can't wait to try that game out on the Wii using the DOSBox.

Very good job on the emulation guides, by the way.
    Last edited by InvincibleSloth; 01-24-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBandicootAddict View Post
    Wolfenstein 3D for DOS was epic. Can't wait to try that game out on the Wii using the DOSBox.

Very good job on the emulation guides, by the way.
    Thank you sir. You could also use the game engine Wolfenstein 3D Wii to run it. It will be covered in my final fourth part.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

yeah!!!! commodore and atari!!!
    [SPOILER= Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here]Shift_Lock On Forum Issues - Vol. 1

Disclaimer:
    First I would like to state that this is one persons point of view. It does not reflect this site (wiihacks.com) or any other staff/mod/or admin here. It is solely mine. Now even though a few may have similar points of view this should be taken as one person’s opinion. Also. This DOES NOT reflect all users and noobs here.. Just a select few personality types that pop in time to time. Let’s get started!

[SPOILER="Outlook On Forum Rules "]Now I realize many of you did not even read the rules and just agreed to them.. Kind of like signing a legal contract without reading the clause that states you just sold your life away… It happens... When it does, YOU are still responsible and held liable for your actions. No matter how much you think its BS... It’s still on you. I for one am among those who did just that when I signed up here... (Shame on me I know) I to did not read them immediately (however I did speed through it to get a general idea)... I was quickly referred to them a few times do to not being thorough enough with “speed reading”...

[SPOILER="Why we have rules on this site"]The rules here at wiihacks are here for a few key reasons. I’m only going to hit a few.

Conduct - We know it’s the net, and there are a lot of internet gangsters/bully’s/and plain jack ass’s... We don’t like that here. The ways users conduct themselves reflect the site... We want user to enjoy coming here but respect in general is needed. Flaming and such results in infractions/bans so don’t do it.

Piracy – This is a big one here, and no one seems to understand... First of all IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE SITE! Which every last one of you members had to agree to follow prior to being a member here. Copyright laws vary from place to place so they are different for others. But we have to follow our copy rights here to protect our site. We DO NOT support piracy and will not assist in it. We don’t want to lose our wonderful site that you as a user come to, to find help. Big brother (the government) and big “N” (Nintendo) may be watching along with a vast amount of other private sectors looking to stop the pirating of copy righted material. Shutting down sites that support it are somewhere at the top of the list to reduce this.

Personally, I don’t care what you do... I don’t care what your online habits are or how much porn/software/media you download every day. It’s your computer and your life. YOU are responsible for anything that may occur from that. Users who lack a way with words to express themselves in what they are trying to do may get wrongly accused of being a pirate and these things occur: warnings/infractions/bans/threads closed/YouTube videos of dancing pirates/ and many many possible pictures pointing you out.

We as staff here are obligated to abide by and enforce forum rules. Whether we believe their valid or not. They are in place to protect the site and members of our community. I won’t allow a poor decision result in losing this site.

Cheating – Play Fair... I support it... Nothing I hate more than losing to a cheater... If I lose I want it to be because the other person was actually better. Cheating takes the fun out of the game... Why make it easier? Do you suck that bad at it? Don’t like the challenge? GET A DIFFERENT GAME! We don’t support cheats here. Users will not be given help on how to become invincible or walk through walls... you want god mode? Unlimited ammo? Go Google it somewhere else. Don’t ask about it here.[/SPOILER]

There are a lot of users/members that say “this is wiihacks wtf?” or "that’s the point in hacking a Wii”... No it is not….. We assist users in backing up their legally purchased games so they don’t get ruined in the future (we know how kids are)... Before backups I had bought 3 Mario karts! Ridiculous… Anyways, it also allows us to fully enjoy the console and the convenience that some mods add to the system. We make it custom and set it up the way we like it. Kind of like your pc. A lot of users buy the Wii just so they can do that! I will ban anyone who tries to argue that point... Dont be ignorant... [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER= “So you Think You’re a Hacker”]Warning: Spoiler below is a rant. [SPOILER= "Shift_Lock's Rant about the tough guys"]Really guy? We are “Modder’s” at best... most users aren’t even that. A hacker would shut down this site with a single code line… Not sit here claiming he’s one arguing about rules and why he needed help... I’m not saying we don’t have members that are real “hackers” but face it... You aren’t one of them... Coders and developers are fantastic people that make all this possible. And some of those guys truly are considered hackers at some level. Now, could they hack the pentagon? Probably not, but maybe. Who knows... lol

The point of this is for those of you that come on here thinkin you’re hot [nice word]... If you were a hacker you wouldn’t need our help and wouldn’t need to hide behind a proxy or redirect to post your nonsense… Get over yourself and just follow our guides. If you can’t “hack” a Wii, what can you do? Can you hit the logout button? Try It! How about facing your fail and going back to the guides to read some more… Leave the “hacking” to the REAL hackers out there. /end rant[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

[SPOILER= “Need Help?”] That’s why you’re here right? To get help Modding your Wii. Some users can just navigate the site and never need to post a thing because they can search, read and are on some level tech savvy. Other users need assistance. That’s why we are here... To support and assist those who need the help to mod or to help find solutions to their problems. We like to help… but... We don’t always like to spoon feed arrogant people who demand help or can’t use the search function... If our search is too hard to use there is Google, and if you can’t use Google then you SHOULD NOT mod your Wii...

We see the same issues every day, same posts, same questions, same answers…. SEARCH FIRST!!! Read a little… Geez people! Too lazy to search for a solution, but can type a wall of text that takes 15 mins to read? C’mon man… step up your game... My spoon hand is getting tired, gonna have to just start [nice word] slapping people with it…

Don’t be lazy... Help us, help you... If you’re really stuck then we take no issue helping as long as it’s within the lines of the rules... The “grey” area is kind of tough... The staff is here on OUR own time and do not get ANYTHING for being here helping you... We are not paid and don’t see any part of the donations... The donations go strictly to site development. Can you fathom how much it costs to run a site of this level and host the files that we do? Everything costs money... Just not the staff here so remember that the next time you are impatient or lazy... We aren’t getting paid... We are helping because we want to... So keep your cool and dont lose your head... Don’t give us reasons to NOT help you. If you do, well... Then we won’t...[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER= "Mutli Threads, Double Posts and bumping"]Ok.. So It might not bother you but it bugs the crap outta me! It clutters the forum and makes you come off as impatient and ungrateful.

Mutli threads - Do you really need more then one?? Mods and staff see EVERY POST MADE! You only need one thread for your issue.. Dont create more then that..

Double posts - You have an "EDIT" button... it will be right under your post to the right.. it will say "EDIT".. say it with me now.. "Eh-d-it" ...... Use IT!!!

Bumping - If no one has got to you yet there IS a slim chance it was missed.. probably not.. As we answer what we know. so if we dont know, We will leave it for someone else or atleast contact another Staff member for assistance. So WAIT and be PATIENT!You can bumpAFTER 24hrs! and that it!!! I will infract/ban/scold/kick your dog/delete any users who abuse this after warnings....[/SPOILER]
    More to come (without a doubt) so stay tuned for the next edition! Peace I’m out![/SPOILER]
    [/spoiler]

ZX Spectrum.

What a fantastic guide, i can't wait to play my old spectrum games, i spent hours typing in programs for it, then getting a error at line so and so lol, but great times, thankyou very much.

Groomlake.
    Last edited by Groomlakeuk; 02-09-2011 at 12:31 AM.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    It's nice to be thanked every once in a while rather than answering problems.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    I'm sorry if any of the pictures disappear from my guides soon but it will only be temporarily if it happens. I use so many photos they eat up a lot of bandwidth so I need host them via a Photobucket Pro account which expires today. Unfortunately I also had to cancel my debit card today so I can't renew until the new one arrives in 5-7 days. Hopefully there is enough free bandwidth to hold me over until then but just in case this is fair warning. If they disappear they will be back up soon...I swear! Sorry for the inconvenience.

Doesnt google have free picture hosting?

http://picasaweb.google.com/
    Also try Picasa 3
    The next generation of Picasa: free software for organizing, editing and printing your photos.
    Last edited by Shift_Lock; 03-24-2011 at 05:11 AM.
    [SPOILER= Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here]Shift_Lock On Forum Issues - Vol. 1

Disclaimer:
    First I would like to state that this is one persons point of view. It does not reflect this site (wiihacks.com) or any other staff/mod/or admin here. It is solely mine. Now even though a few may have similar points of view this should be taken as one person’s opinion. Also. This DOES NOT reflect all users and noobs here.. Just a select few personality types that pop in time to time. Let’s get started!

[SPOILER="Outlook On Forum Rules "]Now I realize many of you did not even read the rules and just agreed to them.. Kind of like signing a legal contract without reading the clause that states you just sold your life away… It happens... When it does, YOU are still responsible and held liable for your actions. No matter how much you think its BS... It’s still on you. I for one am among those who did just that when I signed up here... (Shame on me I know) I to did not read them immediately (however I did speed through it to get a general idea)... I was quickly referred to them a few times do to not being thorough enough with “speed reading”...

[SPOILER="Why we have rules on this site"]The rules here at wiihacks are here for a few key reasons. I’m only going to hit a few.

Conduct - We know it’s the net, and there are a lot of internet gangsters/bully’s/and plain jack ass’s... We don’t like that here. The ways users conduct themselves reflect the site... We want user to enjoy coming here but respect in general is needed. Flaming and such results in infractions/bans so don’t do it.

Piracy – This is a big one here, and no one seems to understand... First of all IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF THE SITE! Which every last one of you members had to agree to follow prior to being a member here. Copyright laws vary from place to place so they are different for others. But we have to follow our copy rights here to protect our site. We DO NOT support piracy and will not assist in it. We don’t want to lose our wonderful site that you as a user come to, to find help. Big brother (the government) and big “N” (Nintendo) may be watching along with a vast amount of other private sectors looking to stop the pirating of copy righted material. Shutting down sites that support it are somewhere at the top of the list to reduce this.

Personally, I don’t care what you do... I don’t care what your online habits are or how much porn/software/media you download every day. It’s your computer and your life. YOU are responsible for anything that may occur from that. Users who lack a way with words to express themselves in what they are trying to do may get wrongly accused of being a pirate and these things occur: warnings/infractions/bans/threads closed/YouTube videos of dancing pirates/ and many many possible pictures pointing you out.

We as staff here are obligated to abide by and enforce forum rules. Whether we believe their valid or not. They are in place to protect the site and members of our community. I won’t allow a poor decision result in losing this site.

Cheating – Play Fair... I support it... Nothing I hate more than losing to a cheater... If I lose I want it to be because the other person was actually better. Cheating takes the fun out of the game... Why make it easier? Do you suck that bad at it? Don’t like the challenge? GET A DIFFERENT GAME! We don’t support cheats here. Users will not be given help on how to become invincible or walk through walls... you want god mode? Unlimited ammo? Go Google it somewhere else. Don’t ask about it here.[/SPOILER]

There are a lot of users/members that say “this is wiihacks wtf?” or "that’s the point in hacking a Wii”... No it is not….. We assist users in backing up their legally purchased games so they don’t get ruined in the future (we know how kids are)... Before backups I had bought 3 Mario karts! Ridiculous… Anyways, it also allows us to fully enjoy the console and the convenience that some mods add to the system. We make it custom and set it up the way we like it. Kind of like your pc. A lot of users buy the Wii just so they can do that! I will ban anyone who tries to argue that point... Dont be ignorant... [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER= “So you Think You’re a Hacker”]Warning: Spoiler below is a rant. [SPOILER= "Shift_Lock's Rant about the tough guys"]Really guy? We are “Modder’s” at best... most users aren’t even that. A hacker would shut down this site with a single code line… Not sit here claiming he’s one arguing about rules and why he needed help... I’m not saying we don’t have members that are real “hackers” but face it... You aren’t one of them... Coders and developers are fantastic people that make all this possible. And some of those guys truly are considered hackers at some level. Now, could they hack the pentagon? Probably not, but maybe. Who knows... lol

The point of this is for those of you that come on here thinkin you’re hot [nice word]... If you were a hacker you wouldn’t need our help and wouldn’t need to hide behind a proxy or redirect to post your nonsense… Get over yourself and just follow our guides. If you can’t “hack” a Wii, what can you do? Can you hit the logout button? Try It! How about facing your fail and going back to the guides to read some more… Leave the “hacking” to the REAL hackers out there. /end rant[/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

[SPOILER= “Need Help?”] That’s why you’re here right? To get help Modding your Wii. Some users can just navigate the site and never need to post a thing because they can search, read and are on some level tech savvy. Other users need assistance. That’s why we are here... To support and assist those who need the help to mod or to help find solutions to their problems. We like to help… but... We don’t always like to spoon feed arrogant people who demand help or can’t use the search function... If our search is too hard to use there is Google, and if you can’t use Google then you SHOULD NOT mod your Wii...

We see the same issues every day, same posts, same questions, same answers…. SEARCH FIRST!!! Read a little… Geez people! Too lazy to search for a solution, but can type a wall of text that takes 15 mins to read? C’mon man… step up your game... My spoon hand is getting tired, gonna have to just start [nice word] slapping people with it…

Don’t be lazy... Help us, help you... If you’re really stuck then we take no issue helping as long as it’s within the lines of the rules... The “grey” area is kind of tough... The staff is here on OUR own time and do not get ANYTHING for being here helping you... We are not paid and don’t see any part of the donations... The donations go strictly to site development. Can you fathom how much it costs to run a site of this level and host the files that we do? Everything costs money... Just not the staff here so remember that the next time you are impatient or lazy... We aren’t getting paid... We are helping because we want to... So keep your cool and dont lose your head... Don’t give us reasons to NOT help you. If you do, well... Then we won’t...[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER= "Mutli Threads, Double Posts and bumping"]Ok.. So It might not bother you but it bugs the crap outta me! It clutters the forum and makes you come off as impatient and ungrateful.

Mutli threads - Do you really need more then one?? Mods and staff see EVERY POST MADE! You only need one thread for your issue.. Dont create more then that..

Double posts - You have an "EDIT" button... it will be right under your post to the right.. it will say "EDIT".. say it with me now.. "Eh-d-it" ...... Use IT!!!

Bumping - If no one has got to you yet there IS a slim chance it was missed.. probably not.. As we answer what we know. so if we dont know, We will leave it for someone else or atleast contact another Staff member for assistance. So WAIT and be PATIENT!You can bumpAFTER 24hrs! and that it!!! I will infract/ban/scold/kick your dog/delete any users who abuse this after warnings....[/SPOILER]
    More to come (without a doubt) so stay tuned for the next edition! Peace I’m out![/SPOILER]
    [/spoiler]

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    Doesnt google have free picture hosting?

http://picasaweb.google.com/
    Hmm...I'll have to look into free alternatives. I didn't even think of that. Well I mean photobucket is free unless you want to eat up a lot of bandwidth like myself. LOL. It sucks being temperarily without a debit card!

Yeah it does.. lol..

Disclaimer:

[/spoiler]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast