Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Launch wii, what's my best bet?

  1. #1

    Launch wii, what's my best bet?

    Alright, so I got my wii on launch day and don't know which mod chip I should go for. According to the wii drive chip database there is a 75% chance my chip is a GC2-DMS and a 25% chance it's a GC2-D2C. Is there any specific chip that would be best for my situation?

  2. #2
    wiikey if its launch, wasabi, wiikey 2, or d2pro, for anything else

  3. #3
    So would wasabi, wiikey 2, and d2pro not work on a launch wii?

  4. #4
    wiikey is just cheaper, and works as well

  5. #5
    My girlfriend and myself both got Wii's on launch day at the same store, out of the same shipping case.

    My system is a D2A. According to WiiDrives, her's is a D2C. Is this common? Is WiiDrives fairly accurate?

    Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

    Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

  6. #6
    wiikey 1
    cheap, affordable, and works perfectly.
    I am the SSBB master...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by e3NiNe View Post
    My girlfriend and myself both got Wii's on launch day at the same store, out of the same shipping case.

    My system is a D2A. According to WiiDrives, her's is a D2C. Is this common? Is WiiDrives fairly accurate?
    Good thing I didn't trust WiiDrives. Popped her Wii open to find a DMS.

    Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

    Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by e3NiNe View Post
    Good thing I didn't trust WiiDrives. Popped her Wii open to find a DMS.
    its actually a decent system

    usually sets of serials = 1 drive set
    kinda like how nintendo knows how old your wii is, when u reg the serial etc etc, its good science, but not perfect

  9. #9
    Oh, that comment wasn't a bash on WiiDrives at all. Didn't mean for it to come out that way ...

    should have said something like, "good thing I knew when she bought it". Just from the date / location, I knew that it couldn't be a D2C.

    Helpful Threads:
    Dump & Burn discs | 3.3 / 3.4 Firmware FYI | Wii Disassemble | WiiClip Install

    Consoles:
    Wii - 4.1U - WiiKey 2 - USBLoader GX - SNES9X GX, Genesis Plus GX, FCE GX w. cover flow mods
    360 - Resident Evil S.E. - iXtreme LT 1.1 - JTag - FreeBoot 0.032 9199 Dash - NXE2GOD, XM360, XeXMenu 1.1, Flash360
    PSP - CFW 5.00m33, 16GB MSPD | DS Lite - DSTT w.1.17a r12, 8GB SDHC

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •