Thread: WBFS For Mac OSX transfers files really slowly!!!

WBFS For Mac OSX transfers files really slowly!!!

I'm using the Mac version of WBFS to put ISO files onto my WBFS-formatted USB drive. It works fine, but there's one issue - it takes about 2.5 hours to transfer one ISO onto the drive using the program. Which seems excessive and I have read that for other people it only takes maybe 20 minutes.

I'm transferring the ISO's from a laptop to the drive, so it's not a USB-USB transfer. You would think it would go quickly. I formatted the drive through Configurable USB Loader so I think the drive is okay - it's a Seagate 500GB FreeAgent.

Any ideas? Is it really that slow or is there something I can do to speed things up? The program itself has almost no "options" so I'm assuming it would have something to do with the drive itself.

I'm bumping this thread since I've had no responses. Program still runs very slowly, about 2.5 hours to transfer a 4GB game. Might it have something to do with the drive being formatted to WBFS? If I formatted to FAT32 and then added games using WBFS For Mac might it be quicker?

Forum Rules - Re-read about bumping and be patient!
    Last edited by bubba949; 01-25-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Boob
    Want a Userbar? Look here

<-- Hit thanks if i helped in some way.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrory View Post
    I'm bumping this thread since I've had no responses. Program still runs very slowly, about 2.5 hours to transfer a 4GB game. Might it have something to do with the drive being formatted to WBFS? If I formatted to FAT32 and then added games using WBFS For Mac might it be quicker?
    You cant use wbfs manager with fat32 lol. Try this program out wiibafu - Release: Wii Backup Fusion 1.0
    You can format to fat32 --> Put a wbfs folder on the root of the hdd then transfer your iso to the wbfs folder in wbfs format.