Thread: trouble installing CIOSv9 and backup launcher

Exclamation trouble installing CIOSv9 and backup launcher

Hi everyone,

I have a Wii with 4.2E system version.
    Now I have managed to get Home brew installed however I can not take that to the next step of getting backup launcher to install.

I have searched all over and tried many different downloads but still not getting anywhere.

** Problems so far **
    1 - installing CIOS downloads all files then when installing fails with error -1

2 - black screen and freezes when try to install different download of CIOS or even Uloader

3 - Wad manager - freezes on 2nd step after i have selected ISO249 for install.

Now i am certainly no expert in anything and have only got so far by reading the net. but i can not find any one way that just works.

please please please help me.

TANDT2

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Follow a 4.2 guide in the guides and tuts section linked below

Exclamation backup launcher and neo not working

Ok so i followed the tut again, as mentioned I already have homebrew installed. However I get backup launcher installed and running but it won't load the disc.

Now the Wii I am trying to softmod is a friends, Mine I have already done and it works fine, so I am completely lost on what to do.

I have installed backup launcher and neogamma as channels and still both won't load the disc, and i have tried and couple of different disks.

any ideas or clues??? what other information do you need to help me resolve this??

nightstah
    Does Neo Gamma show IOS 249 Rev 17 along the bottom of the screen when it loads? How old is this Wii? If slightly over a year or newer, it won't play DVD backups (D3-2 or D4 drive).

The Wii is about a year old... it's one of them black coloured Wii's.
    so there is nothing I can do? has nintendo put new dvd drives in to stop this?

yes, new wii's can't read burned games
    See the Thanks button over there?
    <================================= Click it