Thread: Problems with usbloaderGX, possibly out of date homebrew?

Problems with usbloaderGX, possibly out of date homebrew?

Ok so about a year ago i installed the homebrew channel in teh hopes to mod my wii, though thats as far as i got.
    Recently i decided to look into softmoding and discovered the USBloaderGX!!

I instelled the usb loaderGX (the latest version) and I have a formatted, dedicated external hard drive with a few games. I've checked the compatibility lists and my external works.

The problem is, when i load the usb loaderGX channel, i get the slash image, a black screen and then a ridiculous error message:

Exception (DSI) Occurred!
    (BLA BLA BLA)
    Stack Dump
    (BLA BLA BLA)
    Code Dump
    (BLA BLA BLA)
    Reloading in 5 seconds
    Reload

I'm thinking that my homebrew is out of date, perhaps the CIOS ?

Is there a safe way to update it?
    How could i go about fixing this predicament?

Thanks for any help

First off, click the 4.1u portion of my signature to find a softmod guide. Start it from the top, even if you have the items mentioned. This will guarantee that you will be good to go. Follow EVERY (non-optional) step in the guide. If your USB Loader GX doesn't work after that, then I suggest CFG USB Loader (link also in my signature).
    Give credit where credit is due. If it helps you, click "thanks" on ANY guide I link.

LOL, why does it never occur to newbies that the problem is related to using a crappy loader? There are sooooooooo many posts titled "Why won't my games run on GX?" that you would think the answer would be obvious.

@OP: GX and fail are best friends, so don't expect to see one without the other.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.