Thread: Wii refuses to update

Thanks

Wii refuses to update

Hi,

As a newbie to this forum I'm hoping to call in your help on this problem. Many thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!

I have a perfectly fine running Wii (4.2E). I just bought two games (Epic Mickey and Wii Party) that demand an update of the firmware to 4.3E. However, when I try to update, it just fails in the very first second. It says it fails to update - and that's it. Tried this many times from both discs.

Trying to update through the internet results in 32004 - it starts to update, but never get's through the very first phase. Suggests somethings wrong with either my connection or their server. If it's their server, it's been like that for a few days now.

My internet is fine btw - News channel and Weather channel no problem. I nevertheless tried without firewall and changing channels on the router - no dice.

Now in the past I have tried to get the whole machine running backed-up games from DVD or USB. I never got it working for some reason, but I do have HBC running, even though I never use it. I got Priiloader installed (but seem to have lost BootMii somewhere along the way).

So I tried uninstalling Priiloader, since it has some settings that can block updates. Those weren't activated, but you never know. However, this didn't help (So I reinstalled the lastest Priiloader-version, just to be save).

Next, I decided to get rid of cIOSCORP. Followed this great guide
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...i-console.html
    to the letter. Everything looks fine. Still no updates possible.

Removed NeoGamma R8 using AnyTitle Deleter. Still no updates.

Now I could try to remove the whole HBC (and thus Priiloader), but I can hardly imagine that would do any good - I never read anywhere HBC would block updates.

So I tried StartPatch (4.2.6x PAL) to simply work around the updates and see if I can get those games running under 4.2. It asks me what IOS - since I don't have 249 running I tried 250 - should work; it's a Trucha Bug version. But it says it can't find the patch section in the dol - whatever that's supposed to mean.

And now I'm stuck. Nintendo of course recommends sending the whole thing to them. Might as well buy a new one. But first, I really hope for some community thinking power to try and fix this problem.

Please keep in mind:
    - it's still running all older games fine at the moment
    - I don't mind loosing HBC etc by installing the official 4.3E patch - if I can only get it running...

Many many thanks...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,226 Posts
    you shouldnt update...just enable block disc updates in priiloader

Thanks
    Thanks for taking the time to comment.

I thought that Priiloader-option would only prevent updates from installing, which is what I have already - are you sure that would allow me to play those games?

Actually, the latest Priiloader version I installed (0.6) doesn't even give me that option anymore. Not sure if that's a version-thing or if I removed that option by one of my earlier actions. Hm - I just noticed the 0.6 Priiloader came without hacks.ini. I guess I'll have to look into that later.

Any further thoughts on why the Wii could possibly not accept updates are very welcome...

Retired Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    block updates with priiloader

run game from neogamma

win!