Thread: Games freeze when playing off external hard drive

Games freeze when playing off external hard drive

I used to play backups off of disks and recently I decided to try playing off an external hard drive. Its an HP hard drive taken out of an older computer that i bought an enclosure for. It loads the games and everything but freezes during the games. For example, when I was playing New super mario H.B.E. it froze when I went down a pipe, and did the same with New Super Mario Bros 2: the next levels. It also froze on me right when i finished a level in Donkey Kong Country Returns.

I read a few different posts on this: one said get a newer version of the USB loader. I added USB loader to my wii within the past month so It should be the newest version, i know its USB Loader GX.
    Another said to turn off the hard drive spin down. I looked everywhere for how to do that on my external hard drive and I cant find anything.
    So how can I disable the spin down? or what other solutions could there be if this isnt the problem?

Thanks

check the hdd is on this list http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...lity-list.html

try useing cfg loader the guide is in my sig

there is a guide in my sig for usb loading fat 32
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature

My enclosure unfortunately wasnt on the list and i still encountered freezing with CFG loader. I didn't try fat 32 yet though, any other ideas or options?

fat32 is good for cfg loader
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature

I just followed all the step by step instructions for FAT32 but now once I open WBFS Manager to add backups, I get this error message: "Error occurred while loading drive. Make sure the drive is not in use or open and that it has been formatted to WBFS format.
    If I choose format on WBFS Manger wont that ruin the FAT32?

bump

I dont know what to do

because wbfs manager doesnt work with fat drives, use wii backup manager instead

I downloaded that witt cIOS rev20 to get it to work however it still freezes =/

how am I the only one with this problem? You guys are lucky!