Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Strange DVD Read Error

  1. #1

    Exclamation Strange DVD Read Error

    Recently I am experiencing the following problem:
    • Whenever I burn Wii ISOs (e.g. FIFA 2011, Wii Party, etc) to DVD, the Wii Console doesnot read the DVD as if they were blank.
    • The same ISOs work perfectly from USB using Wiiflow
    • I do not have any issues with any other backup DVDs as they all load perfectly
    My Wii is version 3.2u and is hard modded. Additionally I also use Wiiflow and Neogamma 9 loaders

    Can someone please help resolve this issue.

    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by umairsaeed View Post
    Recently I am experiencing the following problem:
    • Whenever I burn Wii ISOs (e.g. FIFA 2011, Wii Party, etc) to DVD, the Wii Console doesnot read the DVD as if they were blank.
    • The same ISOs work perfectly from USB using Wiiflow
    • I do not have any issues with any other backup DVDs as they all load perfectly
    My Wii is version 3.2u and is hard modded. Additionally I also use Wiiflow and Neogamma 9 loaders

    Can someone please help resolve this issue.

    Cheers!
    Do the retail copies work okay?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  3. #3

    Exclamation

    Yes, the retail copies also work perfectly without a glitch

  4. #4

    Smile

    I have found the solution of my problem by following hit and trial experience:

    • I tried to burn one year old ISO title which already is working from the DVD. I found out that even this DVD failed to launch. I then concluded that there is no problem with my Wii console. In fact, this has to do with either the DVD writer or DVD media.
    • I then burned the same ISO on a different DVD writer using the same DVD media i.e. Maxall. This also failed. This means that there is also nothing wrong with my DVD drive. It must be the DVD media responsible for this error.
    • I finally burned the same ISO using Sony DVD and this time it worked.
    • The unsual part is that I have always used Maxall DVDs without a problem. Only the last pack of Maxall DVDs have failed only for Wii DVDs. The same DVDs are working perfectly for DVD movies and data.
    I am sharing my experience so that someone else experiencing the same problem could benefit from it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by umairsaeed View Post
    I have found the solution of my problem by following hit and trial experience:

    • I tried to burn one year old ISO title which already is working from the DVD. I found out that even this DVD failed to launch. I then concluded that there is no problem with my Wii console. In fact, this has to do with either the DVD writer or DVD media.
    • I then burned the same ISO on a different DVD writer using the same DVD media i.e. Maxall. This also failed. This means that there is also nothing wrong with my DVD drive. It must be the DVD media responsible for this error.
    • I finally burned the same ISO using Sony DVD and this time it worked.
    • The unsual part is that I have always used Maxall DVDs without a problem. Only the last pack of Maxall DVDs have failed only for Wii DVDs. The same DVDs are working perfectly for DVD movies and data.
    I am sharing my experience so that someone else experiencing the same problem could benefit from it.
    I'm glad you got it fixed, and it's good (and bad) to know that the same brand of DVD's won't always work. Was there anything different about the pack that doesn't work?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  6. #6
    Member WhiteShad0wX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I'm right here
    Posts
    1,615
    for the record, this forum is for site forum issues...
    you might want to post in a different forum that more relates to your issue
    See the Thanks button over there?
    <================================= Click it

  7. #7
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Quote Originally Posted by us3rname View Post
    for the record, this forum is for site forum issues...
    you might want to post in a different forum that more relates to your issue
    How did I not notice that? Thanks for catching that (although the issue is already solved).
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  8. #8
    Member WhiteShad0wX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    I'm right here
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    How did I not notice that? Thanks for catching that (although the issue is already solved).
    now the mods can see and move it
    Last edited by WhiteShad0wX; 01-06-2011 at 08:34 AM.
    See the Thanks button over there?
    <================================= Click it

  9. #9
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Done!!!!!


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •