Thread: PSP 6.20 HEN Guide

Thanks

PSP 6.20 HEN Guide

If you have a PSP or PSP Go with a firmware version 6.xx, you've come to the right spot.
    See below for all the goodies.

NOTE: I am not responsible if anything happens to your PSP or PSP Go.

[spoiler="Select Your PSP Type"]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PSP 1000

You CAN use:
    Total_Noob's HEN (6.20 TN-E, 6.39 TN-A)
    Total_Noob's HEN Xtended [by ardi] (6.20, 6.39)
    PRO B10 HEN (6.20, 6.35, 6.39, 6.60)
    6.38 ME
    6.39 ME (either the lcfw version, or the cfw version)
    6.60 ME (either the lcfw version, or the cfw version)

You can NOT use:
    6.35 Custom
    6.37 ME
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PSP 2000 (non ta88v3 motherboards)

You CAN use:
    6.35 Custom
    6.37 ME
    6.38 ME
    6.39 ME (either the lcfw version, or the cfw version)
    6.60 ME (either the lcfw version, or the cfw version)

You can NOT use:
    none, you can use everything
    PSP 3000 3g module and PSP 2000 ta88v3

You CAN use:
    6.39 ME (ONLY the lcfw version, NOT the cfw version)
    6.60 ME (ONLY the lcfw version, NOT the cfw version)

You can NOT use:
    6.35 Custom
    6.37 ME
    6.38 ME
    PSP 3000 04g

You CAN use:

You can NOT use:
    6.35 Custom
    6.37 ME
    6.38 ME
    PSP 3000 07g, 09g

You CAN use:
    Total_Noob's HEN (6.39 TN-A)
    Total_Noob's HEN Xtended [by ardi] (6.39)
    PRO B10 HEN (6.35, 6.39, 6.60)

You can NOT use:
    Total_Noob's HEN (6.20 TN-E)
    Total_Noob's HEN Xtended [by ardi] (6.20)
    PRO HEN (6.20 B8)
    6.35 Custom
    6.37 ME
    6.38 ME
    PSP Go

You CAN use:
    6.39 ME (ONLYthe lcfw version, NOT the cfw version)

You can NOT use:
    6.35 Custom
    6.37 ME
    6.38 ME
    Not Sure What Module Your PSP Has? (?g)

Download and run PSPIDENT while running a HEN or CFW to find out what module your PSP has.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="HEN's and CFW"]
    6.20 TN HEN

Install -
    If your PSP is lower than than version 6.20, download UPDATE if you have a regular PSP.
    Go UPDATE if you have a PSP Go.
    Extract the contents to the root of your PSP or PSP Go and run the update. Do NOT turn off the PSP while it's updating. You'll brick if you do, so DON'T do it!!

Once you're on 6.20, proceed.

Simply download 6.20 TN-E and extract the PSP folder to the root of your PSP or PSP Go.
    After you run it, your PSP will restart and the HEN will be running. Enjoy!
    If you're PSP or PSP Go shuts down or crashes, simply run the HEN again to get back into it.

Uninstall -
    To uninstall, simply reset device in the VSH menu, fully turn off the PSP, or take out the battery (you cannot take out the battery of the PSP Go). Upon restart, the HEN will not be running.
    6.20 TN HEN Xtended
    ardi put his aloader plugin into Total_Noob's HEN. This way, ISO's and CSO's show up under game without the need for a plugin.

Install -
    If your PSP is lower than than version 6.20, download UPDATE if you have a regular PSP.
    Extract the contents to the root of your PSP or PSP Go and run the update. Do NOT turn off the PSP while it's updating. You'll brick if you do, so DON'T do it!!

Once your on firmware version 6.20, continue.

Simply download 6.20 TN-E Xtended and extract the PSP folder to the root of your PSP or PSP Go.
    If you're PSP or PSP Go shuts down or crashes, simply run the HEN again to get back into it.

Uninstall -
    To uninstall, simply reset device in the VSH menu, fully turn off the PSP, or take out the battery (you cannot take out the battery of the PSP Go). Upon restart, the HEN will not be running.
    6.20 PRO HEN
    FYI - This installs files to your flash0.

Install -

Once you're on 6.20, proceed.

Simply download 620 PRO B10 and run the PRO UPDATE. Press X (cross) to install the HEN. Then press X (cross) again to run the HEN.

If you're PSP or PSP Go shuts down or crashes, simply run the fast recovery to get back into the HEN.
    Enjoy!

NOTE: The Pro Permanent will install a custom vshmain.prx and backup the original. However, this could brick your PSP or PSP Go. So be careful.

Uninstall -
    To uninstall, simply run the PRO Update. Once it loads, press /\ (triangle) to uninstall.
    6.35 PRO HEN
    FYI - This installs files to your flash0.

Install -
    If your PSP is lower than than version 6.35, download635 PSP update if you have a regular PSP.
    635 GO update if you have a PSP Go.

Once you're on 6.35, simply download 635 PRO B10 and run the PRO UPDATE. Press X (cross) to install the HEN. Then press X (cross) again to run the HEN.

If you're PSP or PSP Go shuts down or crashes, simply run the fast recovery to get back into the HEN.
    Enjoy!

Uninstall -
    To uninstall, simply run the PRO Update. Once it loads, press /\ (triangle) to uninstall.
    6.35 Custom
    ONLY do this if you have a PSP 2000 NON ta88v3. If you try on any other PSP or a PSP Go, you'll brick! So DON'T do it!

Install -
    Download 6.35 Custom 21
    There are two ways to install.
    1. - Run any HEN or CFW below firmware version 6.35 and launch the installer. From there hit X (cross) to start the update and go through it like a regular update. After it finishes and restarts, your custom firmware is installed, enjoy!
    2. -Run a HEN on firmware version 6.35. From there, run the update. It will install the necessary files without going through the updater. Once it reboots, enjoy your custom firmware!

Uninstall -
    You will have to update to get rid of this firmware.
    6.37 ME
    ONLY do this if you have a PSP 2000 NON ta88v3. If you try on any other PSP or a PSP Go, you'll brick! So DON'T do it!

Install -
    Download 6.37 ME-8
    1. - Run any HEN or CFW below firmware version 6.37 and launch the installer. From there hit X (cross) to start the update and go through it like a regular update. After it finishes and restarts, your custom firmware is installed, enjoy!
    2. -Run a HEN on firmware version 6.37. From there, run the update. It will install the necessary files without going through the updater. Once it reboots, enjoy your custom firmware!

Uninstall -
    6.38 ME
    ONLY do this if you have a PSP 1000 or PSP 2000 NON ta88v3. If you try on any other PSP or a PSP Go, you'll brick! So DON'T do it!

Install -
    Download 6.38 ME-3
    1. - Run any HEN or CFW below firmware version 6.38 and launch the installer. From there hit X (cross) to start the update and go through it like a regular update. After it finishes and restarts, your custom firmware is installed, enjoy!
    2. -Run a HEN on firmware version 6.38. From there, run the update. It will install the necessary files without going through the updater. Once it reboots, enjoy your custom firmware!

Uninstall -
    6.39 TN-A

Install -
    If your PSP is lower than than version 6.39, download PSP 6.39 UPDATE if you have a regular PSP.
    PSP GO 6.39 UPDATE if you have a PSP Go.

Once your on firmware version 6.39, continue.

Simply download 6.39 TN-A and extract the PSP folder to the root of your PSP or PSP Go.

Uninstall -
    6.39 TN-A Xtended
    ardi put his aloader plugin into Total_Noob's HEN. This way, ISO's and CSO's show up under game without the need for a plugin.

Install -
    If your PSP is lower than than version 6.39, download PSP 6.39 UPDATE if you have a regular PSP.

Once your on firmware version 6.39, continue.

Simply download 6.39 TN-A Xtended and extract the PSP folder to the root of your PSP or PSP Go.

Uninstall -
    6.39 ME

LCFW (LME-9.7)

Install -
    If your PSP is lower than than version 6.39, download PSP 6.39 UPDATEif you have a regular PSP.

Once you're on 6.39, download 639 LME 9.7 and run LME Installer for 639 on official firmware. Once it loads, press X (cross) to install the files. After the PSP restarts, run LME Launcher for 6.39.
    Enjoy!

Uninstall -
    To uninstall, simply run the installer. Once it loads, press [] (square) to uninstall.

CFW (ME-9.7)

Install -
    Download 6.39 ME-9.7 and extract the PSP folder to the root of your PSP memory stick.
    This is ONLY for 1g and 2g model PSP's (for PSP 1000's and 2000's non ta88v3).
    1. - Run any HEN or CFW below firmware version 6.39 and launch the installer. From there hit X (cross) to start the update and go through it like a regular update. After it finishes and restarts, your custom firmware is installed, enjoy!
    2. -Run a HEN on firmware version 6.39. From there, run the update. It will install the necessary files without going through the updater. Once it reboots, enjoy your custom firmware!

Uninstall -
    You will have to update to get rid of this firmware,
    6.39 PRO HEN
    FYI - This installd files to your flash0.

Install -

Once you're on 6.39, simply download 6.39 PRO B10 and run the PRO UPDATE. Press X (cross) to install the HEN. Then press X (cross) again to run the HEN.

Enjoy!

NOTE: The CIPL flasher is ONLY for PSP 1000 and 2000 non ta88v3. It installs a custom ipl that boots automatically into the HEN.

Uninstall -
    6.60 PRO HEN
    FYI - This installd files to your flash0.

Install -
    If your PSP is lower than than version 6.60, download PSP 660 Update if you have a regular PSP PSP Go 660 Update if you have a PSP Go.

Once you're on 6.60, simply download 6.60 PRO B10 and run the PRO UPDATE. Press X (cross) to install the HEN. Then press X (cross) again to run the HEN.

Enjoy!

NOTE: The CIPL flasher is ONLY for PSP 1000 and 2000 non ta88v3. It installs a custom ipl that boots automatically into the HEN.

Uninstall -
    6.60 ME

LCFW (LME-1.6)

Install -
    If your PSP is lower than than version 6.60, download PSP 660 Update if you have a regular PSP.
    PSP Go 660 Update if you have a PSP Go.

Once you're on 6.60, download 6.60 LME-1.6 and run LME Installer for 660 on official firmware. Once it loads, press X (cross) to install the files. After the PSP restarts, run LME Launcher for 6.60.
    Enjoy!

Uninstall -
    To uninstall, simply run the installer. Once it loads, press [] (square) to uninstall.

CFW (ME-1.6)

Install -
    Download 6.60 ME-1.6 and extract the PSP folder to the root of your PSP memory stick.
    This is ONLY for 1g and 2g model PSP's (for PSP 1000's and 2000's non ta88v3).
    1. - Run any HEN or CFW below firmware version 6.60 and launch the installer. From there hit X (cross) to start the update and go through it like a regular update. After it finishes and restarts, your custom firmware is installed, enjoy!
    2. -Run a HEN on firmware version 6.60. From there, run the update. It will install the necessary files without going through the updater. Once it reboots, enjoy your custom firmware!

Uninstall -
    You will have to downgrade, or wait and update to get rid of this firmware.
    If you have a PSP 1000 or 2000 non ta88v3 and want to run both 6.60 ME and 6.60 PRO on your PSP at the same time, you can switch between the CIPL's with:
    660 CIPL Switcher
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Playing ISO and CSO"]

Dumping a Game

iso tool
    This is for PSP 1000, 2000, or 3000.
    Download iso_tool_1977 and extract the PSP folder to your PSP memory stick.
    This version of iso tool is signed, meaning you can run it without a HEN or a CFW. Simply launch iso tool, if there's no UMD inserted, insert it now. Once the PSP recognizes it press X (cross) on UMD DRIVE. 'ISO convert' simply dumps. 'CSO convert' dumps the game and compresses it, so it takes up smaller space. If you choose CSO convert, next, choose a level to compress at. 9 compresses the most, but may load slower. 1 compresses the least, but loads faster. I would suggest 4 or 5.

PSP Go users - you will have to either use another PSP to dump a game, or download yours.

6.20 TN HEN

Prometheus ISO Loader
    Download Prometheus Iso Loader
    Once you have your ISO's or CSO's in the ISO folder, go to Memory Stick (or system storage for PSP Go) under GAME and launch the Prometheus ISO Loader. After it loads, select the game and click X (cross) to launch. If you get a black screen and the PSP turns off, you'll have to go back into the HEN if you had one enabled. Then try using aloader.

aloader
    This allows the launch of ISO's or CSO's directly from the XMB.
    Download aLoader PSP if you have a PSP.
    Download aLoader PSP Go if you have a PSP Go.
    Extract to your PSP or PSP Go.
    After the copy is complete, restart vsh by means of the VSH menu (press select).
    If ISO's or CSO's aren't already in the ISO folder on the root of you PSP or PSP Go, put them there now.
    Launch them under Memory Stick or System Storage under GAME.
    Enjoy!

6.20 PRO HEN

ISO loader built in. Simply put your ISO's or CSO's in a ISO on the root of your PSP or PSP Go and run from the menu.

6.35 PRO HEN

ISO loader built in. Simply put your ISO's or CSO's in a ISO on the root of your PSP or PSP Go and run from the menu.

6.35 Custom

ISO loader built in. Simply put your ISO's or CSO's in a ISO on the root of your PSP and run from the menu.

6.37 ME

ISO loader built it. Simply put your ISO's or CSO's in a ISO on the root of your PSP and run from the menu.

6.38 ME

6.39 TN HEN

Prometheus ISO Loader
    Download Prometheus Iso Loader
    Once you have your ISO's or CSO's in the ISO folder, go to Memory Stick (or system storage for PSP Go) under GAME and launch the Prometheus ISO Loader. After it loads, select the game and click X (cross) to launch. If you get a black screen and the PSP turns off, you'll have to go back into the HEN if you had one enabled. Then try using aloader.

aloader
    This allows the launch of ISO's or CSO's directly from the XMB.
    Download aLoader PSP if you have a PSP.
    Download aLoader PSP Go if you have a PSP Go.

Extract to your PSP or PSP Go.
    After the copy is complete, restart vsh via the VSH menu (press select).
    If ISO's or CSO's aren't already in the ISO folder on the root of you PSP or PSP Go, put them there now.
    Launch them under Memory Stick or System Storage under GAME.
    Enjoy!

6.39 TN HEN Xtended

6.39 ME

6.39 PRO HEN

6.60 PRO HEN

ISO loader built in. Simply put your ISO's or CSO's in a ISO on the root of your PSP or PSP Go and run from the menu.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Plugins"]

[spoiler="CXMB - Custom Themes"]
    If you have a PSP, download PSP CXMB
    If you have a PSP Go, download PSP Go CXMB if you have a PSP Go.

Themes replace the XMB (menu) of your PSP or PSP Go. Ther are numerous themes out there. Below are a few for each firmware and pictures of what they look like. If you find other themes you would like to try, simply place them in the PSP/THEME folder on your PSP memory stick or PSP Go storage. To change the theme, go to theme settings under settings, and select the theme.
    If the theme you want to try is not compatible with the firmware you are on, you will not be able to apply it. It will look like the picture below:

Enjoy!

[spoiler="Themes"]

(If you want to download all of the themes below)
    Download:
    All Themes

[spoiler="6.20 TN HEN, 6.20 TN HEN Xtended, 6.20 PRO HEN"]

Download:
    620 Themes

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="6.35 Custom, 6.35 PRO HEN"]

Download:
    635 Themes
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="6.37 ME"]

Download:
    637 Themes
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="6.38 ME"]

Download:
    638 Themes
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="6.39 TN HEN, 6.39 TN HEN Xtended, 6.39 ME, 6.39 PRO HEN"]

Download:
    639 Themes
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="6.60 PRO, 6.60 LME, 6.60 ME"]

Download:
    660 Themes

[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="Game Categories"]
    If you have a PSP, download PSP game categories 1.3r1
    if you have a PSP Go, download PSP GO game categories 1.3r1

Then, add a folder (or two, or three, etc) to PSP/GAME and put your homebrew/games in the new folders. You can also put folders in the ISO folder on the root of your PSP or PSP Go to sort the games there.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Profile Manager"]
    This plugin allows the use of profiles. This way, multiple people won't have to use the same savedata on a single game. They can sign into a different profile and have their own savedata.
    Download PSP profileManager 1.0.25 or PSP GO profileManager 1.0.25
    First off, there can be a total of 20 profiles. If you want multiple profiles, create multiple SAVEDATA folders within the PSP folder. Name the first SAVEDATA, second SAVEDATA_0, third SAVEDATA_1. etc. Next, put a copy of the USPM20110315 folder in each SAVEDATA folder. The USPM20110315 folder contains the information about the profile. The profile.infos contains the name and color of the profile. If you want to eidt the name and such, use notepad or something similar. The profile.bmp is the image of the profile (image must be 28x28px and resolution at 24 bits in BITMAP format if you want a different one than the default).
    To change between multiple profiles, wait till the first profile loads, then hold [] (square), and press R (right trigger) or L (left trigger). Release [] (square) to select profile. To stay logged in as that profile while the PSP is on, have the profile selected, and, while still holding [] (square), hit L (left trigger) and R (right trigger) at the same time. You must reset vsh or restart the system to change profiles again.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="audioboost"]
    This plugin increases your PSP's volume.
    Download - PSP audioboost or PSP GO audioboost[/spoiler]

[spoiler="NewSlide (PSP Go only)"]
    This plugin will launch ef0:/NEWSLIDE/EBOOT.PBP when the PSP Go is closed.
    Download PSP Go NEWSLIDE[/spoiler]

[spoiler="joysens"]
    This plugin allows you to use the analog stick instead of the directional buttons to move up down left right.
    Download PSP joysens or PSP GO joysens depending on what PSP you have. Extract the seplugins folder to the root of your PSP or PSP Go. Reset vsh or device. Then viola! Enjoy.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="PSP States"]
    This is for PSP 2000, PSP 3000 and PSP Go.
    Download PSP pspstates v3 or PSP GO pspstates
    Extract the contents to your PSP or PSP Go. Launch a game, whenever you want to save a state in a game, hit the home button, then R (right trigger) plus one of the directional buttons, or X (cross), [] (square} O (circle), /\ (triangle) at the same time. For instance, hit R and up to save in that slot, R and X to save in that slot, etc. Then, when you want to load that state, go into the game, and press L (left trigger) plus the button of where the state is. IE if you saved it with R+up, hit L+up to load it.
    If games do not load at all, you'll need not use the normal driver to launch iso's. If you want to use normal driver, you'll have to put umdcache.prx in /kd in your flash. I would recommend you just use a different driver.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="ZeroRCO Patcher"]
    This plugin will use .rco files stored on a memory stick or on the PSP Go instead of the ones stored in flash. This way, you can edit .rco files and not worry about bricking your PSP or PSP Go. The supported firmwares are 6.20, 6.31, and 6.35.
    Download PSP zerorco_patcher or PSP GO zerorco_patcher and extract the contents to your PSP or PSP Go. If you .rco files are not on your PSP or PSP Go, put them there now. Restart VSH. Enjoy!
    PSP GO - Put your .rco files in ef0:/seplugins/RCO.
    PSP - Put your .rco files in ms0:/seplugins/RCO [/spoiler]

[spoiler="XMB Control"]
    This will add controls like TN settings to PRO and ME firmwares.
    XMB Control
    [/spoiler]

Other Plugins

To enable other plugins (.prx files), put them in your seplugins folder (or another folder). Then open the corresponding text file (if it doesn't exist, simply create a blank text file and name it accordingly). Open either vsh.txt, game.txt, game150.txt, or pops.txt.

Put the location and file name of the plugin. Put each on a seperate line. After that, put a space and 1 after the plugin(s) you want enabled.
    If you have a PSP, put ms0 before the location.
    If you have a PSP GO, put ef0 before your location.

Example:
    if you want to enable a cxmb.prx, if would look like:
    PSP -
    ms0:/seplugins/cxmb.prx 1
    (plugin is enabled since there is a 1 there)
    PSP Go -
    ef0:/seplugins/cxmb.prx 0
    (above plugin is disabled because there is a 0 there)

(1 means the plugin is enabled, 0 means the plugin is disabled).

Make sure you reset device or restart vsh, or the plugin will not be active.

See below for text file names and descriptions.
    vsh.txt - plugin works in the XMB (main menu)
    game.txt - plugin works in-game,
    game150.txt - plugin works in old homebrew games (etc) that run on version 1.5,
    pops.txt - plugin works in ps1 games and paste the location and a 1 after it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Downgrading"]

Downgrading has the potential of bricking your PSP or PSP Go. However, if you really want to downgrade, look up Chronoswitch Downgrader. It is by Davee/some1.

Check the restrictions to see if your PSP can run on the desired version.
    Download Module Checker 3.0 to see what kind of PSP you have.

[spoiler="restricitons"]
    PSP GO: OFW 6.10 (There was no 6.00 updater for Go) [05g]
    PSP 3000 04G: OFW 6.00 (There is no 5.70 updater)
    PSP 3000 03G: OFW 5.00 (There is no 4.21 updater. Also, 4.20 is the lowest firmware possible for _03g)
    PSP 2000 w/ TA-088v3 Motherboard: OFW 4.01 (4.21 was only available on some PSP-3000_03g, 4.01 was the launch firmware on TA-088v3)
    PSP 2000 w/ TA-088v2 or Less Motherboard : OFW 3.60
    PSP 1000 TA-082/86 Motherboard: OFW 2.71 (Can't go lower than that without corrupting IDStorage key 5)
    PSP 1000 TA-079/81 Motherboard : OFW 1.50

07g and 09g - The absolute lowest 07g and 09g can go is 6.30. (Except with Chronoswitch Downgrader, 09g can go to 6.20)[/spoiler]

Do NOT turn off your PSP or PSP Go while downgrading, it WILL brick so DON'T do it.
    If you get a blue screen on restart, simply press O (circle) to reset the settings.

Remember, you're downgrading at your own risk!

If you downgrade a 09g to 6.20 and cannot update, look up TA95 Upgrader by Frostegater[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Thanks To:"]
    Sony for making the PSP and PSP GO.
    Wololo and team for creating the HBL to load the HEN (before signing was possible)
    Total_Noob for finding the kernel exploit and coding his HEN
    Team PRO for PRO HEN
    neur0n for 6.35 Custom, 6.37 ME, 6.38 ME, 6.39 ME, 6.60 ME
    Patpat/Total_Noob/Poison - for cxmb
    Bubbletune - for game categories
    ruyor, some1, and The Z - for restrictions on downgrading
    MathieulH, kgsws,bbtgp,JJS - for signing homebrews
    USpeed - for the profile manager
    Frostegater - XMB Control, CIPL Switcher
    The makers of the themes/plugins
    Anyone who helped me
    Anyone else not mentioned[/spoiler]
    Last edited by WhiteShad0wX; 11-27-2011 at 05:19 PM.
    See the Thanks button over there?
    <================================= Click it

2. 7 Users Say Thank You to WhiteShad0wX For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Questions? Comments? Thoughts?
    See the Thanks button over there?
    <================================= Click it

Thanks
    im wavering in between 5.00 m33-6 and 6.20 TN-C hen/6.35 pro v3 which one do you think is good?
    cuz the higher the version the more features. Well i have most of the features on 5.00 m33-6 with prom-4 but i need a lot of plugins fofr the new features..senseme,450x, digital comic etc
    thanks for the guide though

NM, its in the US contrary to popular belief
    Thanks
    IF you were to ever update from 6.20 with HEN installed, will you brick? What will happen if you update while you have one of thoose custom themes applied? Im probably going to perfom the operation sometime next week to play some Pokemon!
    My Consoles 4.1U Bootmii/Boot2 PSP1001Phat PS3Slim 120gb

Useful Links:
    Softmod ANY Wii
    Latest Neogamma Channels
    Please hit the thanks button if I help you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,138 Posts
    Blog Entries
    psp go 6.39 whats the best part to use for this ?
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature