Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Mighty Channels...Play WiiWare from SD or USB

[Guide] Mighty Channels...Play WiiWare from SD or USB

Mighty Channels

(Previously known as Triiforce MRC)

Q:If you can load games of SD card via SD menu why would i use this?
    A:When you load the vc/wiiware like that the games have to be installed to your nand everytime you launch them so it wears out while if you use Mighty Channels your are using your SD or USB and causes no harm to your wii.

Mighty Channels
    is a channel loader for Wii that uses Waninkoko's cIOS NAND emulator. It loads your SD card or USB device like if it was your Wii's NAND, so you can play your purchased Wii Shop Channel titles from your SD card or your USB HDD!.Has to be Fat32...NO! it doesn't work with NTFS or WBFS

If you plan on using a 1TB or larger HDD forget about using Waninkoko's NAND emulator.

Features:

• Minimalist & fast GUI
    • Downloads images WiiTDB
    • A button: play game
    • 1 button: configure game
    • 2 button: sort games by system
    • B button: sort games at your own
    • HOME button: Home menu
    • Requires Waninkoko cIOS rev17 or rev21 d2x (recommended)

[SPOILER="Download"]
    Mighty Channels Beta v11.1

Mighty Channels Forwarder v1 by Cile

Mighty Channels Forwarder v2 by Comfaithgenesisraven

The only difference between the forwarders is banner & icon both forwarders support meta.xml and forwarder paths are:

apps/mighty_channels/boot.dol

/mighty_channels/boot.dol
    [/SPOILER][SPOILER="File Structure For Mighty Channels:"]How to get necessary file structure for Mighty Channels:
    (If you previously used Triiforce or Triiforce MRC you can use the same e-nand or if you use Sneek/Uneek)

On the root of your USB or SD:

* import

* meta
    * Shared1
    * Shared2
    * sys
    * ticket
    * title
    * tmp

Flash filesystem - WiiBrew

To get that structure you can use:

Bootmii and do a Nand Back Up ....then use Showmiiwads to extract the nand(shown below) make sure you have 600MB free on sd

Simple FSDumper... put in apps folder on your SD and launch via homebrew channel make sure you have 600 MB free on sd.

Needed Applications for your Choice:

ShowmiiWads
    SimpleFS Dumper

Bootmii Steps:

Move the NAND back up from the SD(if you just made it) to your Computer..

Start ShowMiiWads Allow Internet Access...Go to Tools and select create COMMON-KEY it will tell you so type "45e"

Then Under Tools select Extract BootMii Dump.

Find where your bootmii dump is and select nand.bin

Let the program do its work . Once its done a new folder called nand-extracteda will be at the same directory as the nand.bin. Copy all Folders inside this folder to the SD card root or USB root
    They should be:

* import

* meta
    * Shared1
    * Shared2
    * sys
    * ticket
    * title
    * tmp

[SPOILER="Showmii Wads Error"]
    Is caused by Racket Sports Save so delete and redump
    [/SPOILER]

If you used the FSDumper you would get the same folders.
    [/SPOILER][SPOILER="Adding Titles To the e-NAND"]Adding Titles To the e-NAND:

Needed:ShowmiiWads

In Showmiiwads, go to the Options menu and select Change NAND Backup Path.

Navigate to you SD/USB where the nand back up is and press OK.

Click on the View tab and then select showmiinand. You should see a long list of everything that is in the nand backup listed.

Click on the View menu and select showmiiwads.

Click on the File menu and select Open Folder.Find the folder where you have your wad files located and press OK.

Select the game you want to install in the list and right click on it and select Extract then To NAND. Now if you go to the ShowMiiNand view, you will see the game listed at the bottom of the list.

You can right click on a game and select Delete to remove it.You can also delete the nintendo,weather,news and other channels you dont want so all you have left would be your vc/wiiware....
    [/SPOILER][SPOILER="cIOS Set Up For Mighty Channels"]
    For Mighty Channels to work best you need cIOS[37,38,53,55,56,57]rev21 D2X
    You will need 2 or 3 depends what games work with what base.
    It can be in ANY slot as long as you use arguments in your meta.xml ios=250,245,etc

cIOS Installer D2X 1.1

Download Extract (should be SD:/apps/d2x installer/boot.dol)
    On first screen chose an IOS with Trucha(Fakesign Bug) 236,36,249,250

1.Select D2X v4
    2.Chose the base IOS
    3.Pick your slot(each time you chose the same slot the installation will overwrite)

[Remember to Thank Robgee]
    [SPOILER="meta.xml"]<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
    <app version="1.0">
    <name>Mighty Channels</name>
    <version>11</version>
    <release_date>201101250000</release_date>
    <coder>Marc</coder>
    <short_description>USB/SD Channel loader</short_description>

<!--
    <arguments>
    <arg>--ios=240</arg>
    <arg>--auto=USB</arg>
    <arg>partition=1</arg>
    <arg>path=/nand</arg>
    </arguments>
    -->

<no_ios_reload/>

</app>

Also from meta.xml remove <!-- and --> then set the arguments.

• --partition
      Legal values are in the range 0-3. The specified partition MUST be primary and FAT.
      Default value is 0 when the argument is missing.
    • --path
      It's the path of the nand inside the specified partition
      Default value is the root when the argument is missing.
      Eamples:
      • --path=/
        it's the root
      • --path=
        it's the root
      • --path=/my_nand
        it's the folder "my_nand" under the root
      • --path=/my_nand/
        it's the same as before but the final "/" has not been tested, so it might not work.

[/SPOILER]
    With D2X you can now have all the folder inside one /nand makes it a lot easier & if you have more then one partition you can chose which one to load from.

SD or USB:/nand/import,meta,shared1,shared2,title,sys,ticket,tmp
    [/SPOILER][SPOILER="Loading Mighty Channels and Games"]
    Put the mighty_channels folder(from the download) in your apps folder on SD or USB
    [Use the meta.xml example from here]

You can launch the MC from homebrew channel it will auto use the device you tell it to if you add in the arguments auto=USB or SD.

MC should load up and display channels = games/titles.Hover with the pointer over and press 1 if you need to configure the settings for individual game.Press A to launch the game
    [/SPOILER][SPOILER="How to load images/banners:"]How to load images/banners:

It's recommended to use the automatic image downloader option,press HOME button in Mighty Channels menu
    Offline method
    * Download images: WiiTDB - Nintendo Wii games database
    * Place them at sd:/config/mighty/channels/ or usb:/config/mighty/channels/
    If you want to create your own images...
    * Format: PNG without indexed palette
    * Size: 192x112
    * Name: XXXX.png (XXXX is the 4 character game ID)

Covers pack:
    Marc-max Mighty_Images
    [/SPOILER][SPOILER="Compatibility"]
    • All Virtual Console games work.
    • ~90% WiiWare games work.
      • If a WiiWare games does not work for you, the 'Load apploader' option in the configuration menu (press 1 button) can solve it in most cases. The other options should not affect compatibility.
      • Some games need an already created savegame before doing the NAND dump. Mighty Channels automatically creates the savegames for some of these games.
      • rev21 d2x users can try to install cIOS using different bases, some games only work using certain bases.
      • Wi-Fi connection during game does not work correctly.

[/SPOILER][SPOILER="Extra Info"]
    • Select a channel and push 1 button, you will be able to configure different parameters like video mode or Ocarina cheats for that channel.
    • Sort channels
      • Select a channel and hold B button, you will be able to move the selected channel to another position. You can sort the games like you want.
      • Otherwise, you can push 2 in order to automatically sort channels by system.

• If you are using cIOS d2x you can configure certain options (like the IOS to use or the partition and the path where the virtual NAND is located) editing the meta.xml file (removing the commented code) that comes with the application and using latest Homebrew Channel.
    • The Manage NAND option in HOME menu lets you:
      • Fix 'Return to Wii menu': This options renames /ticket/00000001/00000002.tik file to _00000002.tik in the virtual NAND: This will force to reboot the console when you push the 'Return to Wii menu' button in the HOME menu in-game, avoiding a black screen freeze. Unfortunately, applications like Sneek won't boot anymore if this option is enabled. You can enable and disable this option whenever you want.
      • Update SYSCONF: update the System Menu configuration file from real NAND to virtual NAND, this fixes some Wiimote desync errors and also updates configuration (useful if we changed from a 4:3 to a 16:9 screen, for example)
      • Update Miis: update the Miis file from real NAND to virtual NAND

• Mighty Channels look can be modified using a custom skin.
      Copy all files on skin_example directory in sd:/config/mighty/ and edit them like you want following these rules:
      • PNG format
      • RGB (no indexed palette)
      • don't change the image sizes

[/SPOILER][SPOILER="FAQ"]
    * NOTE: Some games require a savefile created before
    getting loaded on Triiforce. The savefile must be
    created before doing the NAND dump.
    * Wi-Fi does not work (in cIOS rev17 or lower)
    [/SPOILER]

[CENTER]Source:Mighty Channels

Credit: Marc_Max Creator of Mighty Channels
    RobGee [Info + Testing & D2X Wads]
    Red_Gh0st Updates + Info
    Muaddib & Cjizzle (Info on Rocket Save Error)
    +
    Hahahha Thought I'd have a laugh....

-
    WARNING:NO LINKS TO NAND BACKUPS WITH DLC.IF YOU DO YOU WILL BE in RR or EVEN BANNED!!!.
    It is illegal to obtain/distribute backups of games you do not own.
    This guide, myself, and this site DO NOT SUPPORT OR PROMOTE SOFTWARE PIRACY. Play Fair
    No help will be given to individuals with questions relating to this. You have been warned!
    -
    [LEFT]

+

Last edited by oddgriffin; 02-07-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: update link to v11.1

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Great, questions About the installation of might were starting to pop out in my thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by richardsito View Post
    Great, questions About the installation of might were starting to pop out in my thread lol
    I was one lol >.< I had an idea of how to use it but wasn't a 100% sure, This tutorial has really cleared everything up for me.

Thanks.

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    Will sure try this now that cile posted a tutorial

Nice guide. Is there any advantage to MC over Triiforce_mrc, other than the option of running on non-249 cios's? (That was my latest issue - loading wiiware via USBLoaderGX iso forwarders, had to keep 249 as 38rev17 for triiforce...but I haven't had troubles with any games running rev17 yet anyway, and I have 223 as 57(v5) for Black Ops; 222 as 37/38 (v4) for GH5 and USB instruments... Anyway, it ain't broke so I won't fix it unless I find a valid reason to... currently running a WBFS partition and FAT32 for homebrew, roms, e-nand. Any advantage for me to go to rev21 and MC?

Quote Originally Posted by envirotech69 View Post
    Nice guide. Is there any advantage to MC over Triiforce_mrc, other than the option of running on non-249 cios's? (That was my latest issue - loading wiiware via USBLoaderGX iso forwarders, had to keep 249 as 38rev17 for triiforce...but I haven't had troubles with any games running rev17 yet anyway, and I have 223 as 57(v5) for Black Ops; 222 as 37/38 (v4) for GH5 and USB instruments... Anyway, it ain't broke so I won't fix it unless I find a valid reason to... currently running a WBFS partition and FAT32 for homebrew, roms, e-nand. Any advantage for me to go to rev21 and MC?
    Yes you can use slot249 for a better base cios ,mc better looking,easier to load set up,a lot easier to get covers lol,

it still works best with rev17

were do i put all the files from the mighty download folders

mighty_channels
    project
    skin_example
    copying
    readme_en
    readme_es

and is it better to have everythinbg on hdd instead of sd as the wads have to be put into the nand
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature

I noticed that not all of the images had downloaded for my games, I had a package of WiiWare images for Triiforce MRC that I changed the title of the images to work with Mighty Channels. I have changed the titles to work with NTSC-U WiiWare. If you want these images to work with PAL WiiWare then just change the last digit of the image title to P. There are a few that I changed to PAL, but not many.

NTSC-U WiiWare images - Here

NTSC-U Virtual Console (320 images) - Here
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 01-04-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peire View Post
    were do i put all the files from the mighty download folders

mighty_channels(thats the app)
    project(the source just in case you want to change compile your self)
    skin_example(since you can change how the loader looks this example on size etc)
    copying
    readme_en
    readme_es

and is it better to have everythinbg on hdd instead of sd as the wads have to be put into the nand

You have to use the showmiiwads and using usb seems better to me since if you fill it with 10-20 games thats 600mb

great guide mate
    but all my vc games are too far to the left when i load them and a little bit of the screen is chopped off

^^^^^^^^pimpness from the mighty bmarlo ^^^^^^^^

Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast