Thread: Original Playstation and Sega Dreamcast Modder here, but new to Wii

Original Playstation and Sega Dreamcast Modder here, but new to Wii

Hi all,
    I remember modding my Playstation 1 and Sega Dreamcast back in college. The Dreamcast being very easy, you just make a boot up disc to play backups. The Playstation was also fairly easy, you just solder a few wires. About a year ago I modded my PSP to play games from the memory card and also modded my SmartPhone a few months ago. I got the Wii for Christmas and just like all my toys, I went straight to the internet to see if I can mod this thing.

The Wii softmod seems overwhelming but it's a more complicated machine so I'm still reading before I make a move. I'm hoping to learn a lot more before I dive in with both feet and am looking forward to be a part of this great community.

lol you didnt even have to mod the dreamcast it plays backups right out of the box!!

dont give up tho..... i didnt know anything about modding but followed one of the amazing guides on here and within 4hours (yes i toke that long because i wanted to read thou everything and take it slowly one step at a time) i was up and running, just take it slowly and you should be ok

oh and make sure you get the right guide for your wiis FW if you have a newer wii you will most likely have to boot games from a harddrive or a usb pen, you will need a 2gb sd card too

good luck and let me know how you get on (im in the middle of trying to mod my xbox360 so i know how it feels mate)

Yeah, why can't everything be as easy as the
    Dreamcast. I remember making a bootup disc in the beginning and eventually that didn't have to be done.