Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: omg.. Help!! USBLOader GX bricked my Wii!!

Unhappy omg.. Help!! USBLOader GX bricked my Wii!!

So.. I'm soooo frustrated right now...

I've been trying to use USB loader GX for a while and I got a few black screens...when I saw that.. I shut it off by holding the power button .... it went fine for a few times and I could restart it normally..

But.. at soome point,, I shut if off by holding the power button, but I could not get it turned on after that..

I can turn it on with the Wii remote, but the TV constantly shows "no signal", even when the green light's on.. the blue light flashes once when I turn it on.

I tried to hold the reset button as said by some posts, but nothing happens. The screen still says "no signal."

What should I do now ?

This is about the 7th case I have heard of (exact same situation as you) that GX has bricked a wii. The 3rd one I read about made me never use GX again.

Unfortunate. Cfg and Wiiflow are a much more reliable choice....so many people are dead set on using GX.

Anyway....Did you install bootmii as boot2? OR...do you have a nand backup (nand.bin and keys.bin) ? How old is your wii?

What revision of GX are you using and what is your HDD formatted to ? (curiosity)
    Last edited by Krank; 12-31-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Damn I suck!!!!

in my computer, I have:

a folder called "bootmii" and inside, there's armboot.bin, bootmii.ini, ppcboot.elf

and also keys.bin and nand.bin

These are the things I got when I hacked the wii.

what revision: I have no idea. Format: I'm pretty sure it's something 32.

I installed bootmii as IOS ... does that ruin everything??

Please tell me how I should proceed.

Thanks
    Last edited by any5302003; 01-01-2011 at 12:15 AM.

We really need to get rid of any mention of using usbloader gx in wiihacks guides. We should replace it with a 'do not use USB loader gx - use xyz instead'

i didnt know gx could that lol im glad im using cfg now

^^^^^^^^pimpness from the mighty bmarlo ^^^^^^^^

It's one if those cases that we don't know for sure, but there have been far too many cases to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    It's one if those cases that we don't know for sure, but there have been far too many cases to ignore.
    I didn't think that loaders made any changes to the NAND.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

Any running application can make changes. Unless you look at the code you never really know what it's doing.

Hi

I had this problem and then tried everything in the end if i take out my sd card it boots ok dont know why.

Unfortunately it sounds as if you have a full brick. Without Bootmii as Boot2 or Priiloader there is no chance of recovering your Wii without a hardware programmer such as an Infectus. Such a device can be used to restore your Wii using your NAND backup. If this isn't a task that you are up to then there are folks around here that can for a fee.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast