Thread: Ripping games to External HDD from Wii v4.3

Ripping games to External HDD from Wii v4.3

Total newb here, srry:
    Have no issue backing up games to external USB hdd through PC. They play just fine through USB Loader GX channel (Rev938c)

How do I rip directly to Wii attached HDD?

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    By USB Loader GX for one... insert disc; either it'll auto-prompt you to install or press "+" --- of course, this would only work with originals (which is what you should be doing).

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    with usb loader gx

I just softmodded my 4.3u with Maui Frog's guide and when I tried to copy my original Mario Party 8, it froze at 99%. I left it there for about 10 min and nothing was happening and none of the controller buttons would work. Does anyone know what I did wrong or how to fix this?

I also tried New Super Mario Bros. and it also froze at 58%. What gives? Someone please help, thanks.

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    These your retail/original discs? If so, try a different version of USB Loader GX (some are notoriously buggy on this particular feature).

Yes, these are my originals. I'm trying to update to the latest version now. Will post results soon.

So i updated Configurable USB Loader to the latest version v62 and no dice. All my games freeze when trying to install. I guess I'll try the GX Loader and I guess I'll try Wii Flow too while I'm at it. Keep you guys posted. On the upside, I had no problems updating. I also did notice one thing, when it freezes, it also seems to screw up my wireless connection so I have to set it back up every time this happens.