Thread: Can start Wiifow, WiiMC, games from HDD but NOT Homebrew Browser. Ideas?

Question Can start Wiifow, WiiMC, games from HDD but NOT Homebrew Browser. Ideas?

I decided to have only HDD connected to Wii and run it without SD card. It should be possible, right?

So now I can start Wiiflow from HDD using forwarder in System Menu. I can play backed up games from HDD. I can start WiiMC on HDD from HBC. All these things I do without SD card in Wii. BUT. But when I try to start HBB from HDD I get stuck on UNABLE MOUNT SD - USB message... (repeats forever). And after that the activity light on my HDD goes to complete dark and then nothing works. So I have to cycle power to HDD and everything except HBB works again.

I just downloaded the latest HBB version 0.3.9b - still the same. The weird thing is that HBB "kills" communication to my HDD and I have to cycle power to it. My HDD is SATA WD Green 1TB in Vantec enclosure. I'm getting mad because HDD works with everything else - Wiiflow, WiiMC etc...

Any ideas?

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

Junior Moderator
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    I have the same problem, it just won't work. It seems that HBB is picky about the USB drive.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by goldenmeadow View Post
    Any ideas?
    Use an SD card for your apps. SD cards are not expensive, I bought a bunch of White Wii SanDisk 2GB SD cards @ $7 each. A 2GB SD card has more than enough capacity to store all your apps on, and just about all of the apps have the ability to read the USB, so for $7 to $10 you could lighten the load from your brain.

Thanks!
    I have SD card, it's not a problem. I just was curious to see if I can do it only with HDD.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenmeadow View Post
    Thanks!
    I have SD card, it's not a problem. I just was curious to see if I can do it only with HDD.

Thanks again.
    Lol, didn't I answer this for you yesterday?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

Thanks JoostinOnline,

I'm rolling back now to SD card and have one question (again).
    When I tried to start apps from HDD somehow I got screen similar to Priiloader but with different menu choices. One of them was the location where I wanted to save data. It was set to SD and I changed it to HDD.
    Now I want to turn it back to SD... Because when I start Wiiflow from SD (100% positive since I deleted whole apps folder on HDD and left only games) I can see all game covers, but when I start any gave I get just PLEASE WAIT screen. I suspect that it has something to do with my settings. Am I right?

And one more. Is there a good guide about BootMii? Do I need it? I saw that choice on my Priiloader screen but it didn't work since it doesn't exist on SD card anymore - I had it when softmodded Wii (any Wii by mauifrog).

Many thanks!