Thread: I can't find the answer. I am stuck. Can't load games on USB HDD with any loader.

I can't find the answer. I am stuck. Can't load games on USB HDD with any loader.

Hi all. First off, thank you to all the people who have written all the tutorials found on this website. As a total noob, I have been able to softmod my son's wii reading all these great tutorials without the need to ask a single question.

But, now I am really stuck! I have recently endeavored to try and have his games on HDD (since he scratches up the dics faitly quickly). I have followed the guides to play games from my USB HDD (which is on the compatibility lists). Here is my problem: I get a black screen every single time I try to load a game from the USB HDD no matter what USB loader I use. I followed the tutorials precisely. I have tried having my HDD as a fat32, as a WBFS, and as both. I have tried different game managers. I have followed tutorials for wiiflow, Configurable USB loader, USBloaderGX. I have the loaders installed as channels as I prefer it this way. They all recongnize the game on the HDD but when I load the game it just freezes up. I have all my files and folders properly installed on the SD card but I don't think I need to have the SD card in the slot in order to play the games (i leave it in anyways) what am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks in advance.

Hi Slash,

Is the HDD plugged into the bottom USB slot? This is the left if you use it upright, and they only work in that slo without further modding.

Introduce Yourself

what guide did you follow post a sys check on here
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Yes, I have the HDD in the right slot (when it is laying flat, the bottom USB slot). I followed the guides by "mauifrog", "Krank", Gen3sf" and others on this site. I don't follow anything from youtube I will try to get a syscheck up ASAP (today is christmas eve, hectic).

Please don't leave me guys. Thanks.