Thread: DsTwo by Supercard : I-Menu - Step by step Tutorial

Thumbs up DsTwo by Supercard : I-Menu - Step by step Tutorial

First, some information about iMenu

Quote Originally Posted by spinalcode
    Having used the new Superkard DSTwo for a little while now, I decided to make a new menu for it. The official one, although functional, isn’t really to my liking, so I started work on a new one.
    I based this design on the iPod touch/iPhone ’springboard’ so basically it shows up to twelve icons on the screen, four can be docked to the bottom, the other eight can be scrolled sideways.

Features of iMenu
    • Uses all icons directly from the official menu
    • Shows up to 12 icons per screen
    • Loads both homebrew .nds and .plg files
    • Anti aliased icon text
    • Can be used as a direct replacement for the official menu
    • Better homebrew compatibility than the official menu
    • Stylus/finger only control

[SPOILER=How to set up iMenu] (this is updated as of EOS version 1.08 and iMenu beta 1)

0. Download the latest version of iMenu from Spinal Code's site. (do not host the file elsewhere as that is spinalcode's request)

1. Back up all your stuff from your MicroSD card to your computer, then format your card using this formatter.

2. Download the latest official DSTwo firmware package from the official site.
    Make sure to download the right package

2.5. Download the latest patch for the DSTwo which adds support for a few newer games in patch mode here and extract it to the root of your microsd card. Let it overwrite the files.

3. Unzip the official firmware package and place it in the root of your MicroSD card.

4. Extract the imenu.rar to the root of your MicroSD card, let it replace _dstwo/dstwo.nds

5. Extract this to the root of your MicroSD card and let it replace everything it has to.

6. Download the official SNES emulator plugin from the official site.

7. Extract the official SNES emulator plugin (NDSSFC) to the root of your MicroSD Card.

8. Replace all of your ROMs and save files etc. from the backup you created in step 1 (you can just put all of the folders of the back-up on the root of your card) DO NOT OVERWRITE ANYTHING!!!!!!

The basic set-up of iMenu is complete, enjoy
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=How to add new icons (homebrew)]

First, you need to understand how the icons work:
    How the icons in iMenu work

for every single icon, there is a corresponding .ini file in /_iMenu/_ini
    the title of the .ini does not matter, but you should name it the same as the application that it's loading for organization's sake

This is what DSGame looks like
    CODE
    [plug setting]
    icon=/_imenu/_images/dsgame.bmp
    mask=/_imenu/_images/dsgame_mask.bmp
    name=DSGame
    file=/_dstwo/dsgame.nds
    dock=1

The first line is for the picture, which you should place in /_imenu/_images

the second line is the mask, which is was makes the edges smooth for all of the icons, this can be the same mask for each icon, it does not need to be copied over and over (this can universally be "/_imenu/mask.bmp")

the third line is what the game will be named within iMenu when you load it up

the fourth line links to the file that you are loading, in this case dsgame.nds

the last line is only included if you want that icon to be placed on the dock, only 4 icons can be on the dock

I have no idea how to organize them, it seems to be when they were placed in the /_imenu/_ini folder

yes it does take a long time to set up but the result is awesome

Did you read all that? Good, because you will need to understand it to know how to make your own icons.

1. Copy one of the .ini files in /_iMenu/_ini and rename it to the homebrew you will be loading with it.

2. You need to either create an icon or get an icon. Steps 2a-2c are for if you want to get an icon.
    a. Check this pack of icons and use the borderless .bmp files.
    b. These don't look as good because they have a border, but if you can't find it in the above back, look for a .bmp icon in this thread.
    c. If you don't see the icon you want and do not wish to make it yourself, request your icon(s) in the thread mentioned in 2b, then use the unknown.bmp file which can be found in /_dstwo/plug/

3. Put the image you created or obtained in /_iMenu/_images and name it properly.

4. Put the homebrew that you want to assign an icon to in the /Homebrew folder (it isn't required to be in here, but for organization's sake just do it)

5. Go back to /_iMenu/_ini. Edit the icon line to correspond to the icon you want in /_iMenu/_images. Edit the file line to correspond to the correct homebrew .nds file in /Homebrew. Edit the name line to change the name of the icon.

6. The mask line should always read: "mask=/_imenu/mask.bmp"

7. Add a line on the end that says dock=1 if you want to put that icon on the dock, if you don't want it to be on the dock, just remove that line.

You should now see the new icon with the name you assigned it when you turn on iMenu.
    [/SPOILER]

[SPOILER=How to skin the background of iMenu]

You can either download the pack of iMenu skins here and do as filetrip says
    OR
    You can choose which one you would like to download from below

How to download and set up a single custom skin:
    1. Download the skin
    2. extract to the root of your microSD card (let it overwrite)
    3. ?????
    4. profit
    Standard iMenu (by spinal_code)

Download

Carbon Metal (by RoMee)

Download

Circuit Nebula (by hullo8d)

Download

FF7 Cloud (by RoMee)

Download

iPhone 4 (by wolf96)

Download

Lucario (by A Gay Little Cat Boy)

Download

Mario (by RoMee)

Download

Pokemon B/W (by RoMee)

Download
    [/SPOILER]

Source GBAtemp
    Last edited by ShadowSonic2; 12-19-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Wiihacks Super Mod / Admin

thanks is there anymore skins or they the only ones that you can getfor the scds2
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature

there are tons of skins

start here

can you only have 1 skin on the card just stick it on the root and done

WiiHacks Staff
    Nancy the Moderator

VWA, Game Master, News Hound
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    great, might give this a shot

can't beleive i forgot this

Quote Originally Posted by richardsito View Post
    great, might give this a shot

can't beleive i forgot this
    me neither!!!!

put the theme on the scds2 looks good only 1 thing if i like click on games the skin is the same pink and silver not the 1 i put on like the start up is the right?