Is your drive even capable of playing burned discs? Plug your serial number in here to find out.
I have a softmod wii 4.3 U and I am trying to burn ISO file on DVD-R using ImgBurn, the burn seems fine and complete but when i try to use NeoGamma to play the DVD it give me an erreur (.....), if I check the DVD it i seems to me empty no files on it, and if i tried to use it it said the disk is not empty.
Anyone can help to see how to use NeoGamma
I am sorry but i am not too familiar with these things..... what serial number your talking about..... All i am talking about is to burn the iso game on DVD-R and play it on NeoGamma.
I sorry first I am in North America so the system is NTSC.
Last edited by oddgriffin; 12-17-2010 at 07:27 AM.
If your Wii started as a 4.3 you are definitely not going to be able to play burned discs. The newer drives stop you from doing so. If you got to 4.3 through updating from an older system menu like say 3.2 for example then you can probably play burned discs. On your Wii there is a serial number...plug it into the drive database I linked you to and you should be able to narrow down what kind of drive you have and if it's even worth your effort to carry on.
thankx for the help,
1- is there any way to fix this problem.
2- how about using a USB HD will this work?
3- what kind or size of hard drive should we have and how to put the game on it.
1- I did several update for the wii to get to 4.3u but i dont remember the initial version. I will check hen i get home.
2- If i have a previous virgin, then do i have to downgrade ro there is another solution
2) Yes...That's the preferred method.
3) There is a hard drive compatibility list on here and the size is really just a personal preference. I use a 1TB on my Wii but I soon want to go bigger.
2) No. It has nothing to do with what system menu you are on. As I previously posted it's your drive. If you have a drive that can't play backups it is what it is.
Hey thankx for your help, having a HD is even better then making DVDs all the times.
1- Where can we found the list of hard drive
2- the HD should be formatted FAT32 or what?
3- How do we store the games on the HD ex: just copy the ISO game on HD that will work and what other type of games can we have.
Sorry i am new about these things and i am trying to learn thankx for your help.
can you please guide me how to use the HD from formatting, plug it to copy games on it.
from the homebrew do we use USB loader.
2) Most would say so. I'm still using WBFS for the time being as I have for a long while but when I get a new drive I'll be switching to FAT.
3) You just put the disc in your Wii and use your USB loader to rip it to your hard drive. Then you can use PC game management tools to move the game files back and forth from your PC to HDD.
I don't quite get the what other types of games part. The Wii is capable of playing Gamecube games by default and many other systems through emulation if that's what you mean.